This Bus Service will Drive You to Provincial Parks This Winter- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13,924

    This Bus Service will Drive You to Provincial Parks This Winter

    Parkbus is a bus service that operates from Toronto and Ottawa reaching the best of Ontario parks and destinations with some cross-Canada tours from Halifax and Toronto. Operating in the summer as well, the service has just announced their 2017 winter schedule, with trips to Arrowhead Provincial Park, Albion Hills as well as trips to Horseshoe Valley.


    This is the website https://www.parkbus.ca/index for schedule and ticket prices, and bookmark the page for the warmer months, as they offer trips to Algonquin Park, Bruce Peninsula and more.
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Greg_o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    556
    When you're copy and pasting other peoples work, word-for-word, please consider some transparency and just share the link.
    ..now just tinker with our bikes and feed the cats. - oldbear52

  3. #3
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_o View Post
    When you're copy and pasting other peoples work, word-for-word, please consider some transparency and just share the link.

    I shared the link to Parkbus Grego. It's from facebook and reddit

    This Bus Service Will Drive You To Provincial Parks this Winter | Indie88


    Normally I use bubbles for direct quotes but there were errors in the sources I was searching and I thought I paraphrased... oh well
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,779
    Cool.
    Looks like Toronto only, mostly downtown.

    Are bikes allowed on the bus?
    Due to popular demand, a limited number of bicycles may be allowed on each bus. If you would like to bring a bike, please call 1-800-928-7101 before booking your tickets to make sure the space for bikes is still available.

  5. #5
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    Cool.
    Looks like Toronto only, mostly downtown.

    Are bikes allowed on the bus?
    Due to popular demand, a limited number of bicycles may be allowed on each bus. If you would like to bring a bike, please call 1-800-928-7101 before booking your tickets to make sure the space for bikes is still available.
    Thanks for posting the contact # Slash. I was searching and posting a few other things last evening and couldn't get to that!
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  6. #6
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_o View Post
    When you're copy and pasting other peoples work, word-for-word, please consider some transparency and just share the link.
    before posting you should check your punctuation... after all it is a slippery slope to grammar anarchy.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Greg_o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post


    Normally I use bubbles for direct quotes but there were errors in the sources I was searching and I thought I paraphrased... oh well

    That would really be best to cite your sources in the future and clearly indicate when you're copy and pasting.

    There's a clear distinction between paraphrasing and plagiarism. In the above example it's hard to believe "you though you paraphrased" have an exact, 57 word match of a colleagues article.

    Thank you!
    ..now just tinker with our bikes and feed the cats. - oldbear52

  8. #8
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_o View Post
    That would really be best to cite your sources in the future and clearly indicate when you're copy and pasting.

    There's a clear distinction between paraphrasing and plagiarism. In the above example it's hard to believe "you though you paraphrased" have an exact, 57 word match of a colleagues article.

    Thank you!
    yes everyone should cite their sources on the interwebs... it's a free for all out there on the interwebs. good for you counting the words. there is much work to be done on forums everywhere
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    639
    wow...

    so after all that... Thanks cyclelicious for the info! would not have known about it if you hadn't posted, copied & pasted, paraphrased or otherwise.

    Ironically the wife 20min ago were talking about $2 shuttle buses she used to take when a kid to the local ski hills, they left at 9am and brought you back at 5pm.
    Somewhere lost in the Bush!

  10. #10
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,122
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    yes everyone should cite their sources on the interwebs... it's a free for all out there on the interwebs. good for you counting the words. there is much work to be done on forums everywhere
    we can't have the wild wild west out here in the Eastern Canadian forum of mtbr, can we now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    we can't have the wild wild west out here in the Eastern Canadian forum of mtbr, can we now.
    I recall the wild west phase of this forum. Wasn't all that long ago. Where on earth are the moderators when you need them?

  12. #12
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: Bikin' Bric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay. View Post
    I recall the wild west phase of this forum. Wasn't all that long ago. Where on earth are the moderators when you need them?
    Watching.... always watching. I like to wait until all hell breaks loose before nuking from orbit. Hahaha.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Greg_o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikin' Bric View Post
    Watching.... always watching. I like to wait until all hell breaks loose before nuking from orbit. Hahaha.
    Probably getting a bit pedantic but for the record, content was clearly plagiarized. When I brought this up I was brushed off and then given what I would argue was a questionable excuse.

    Since this is not the first time I've seen this lack of regard for transparency I politely asked that in future when copying other peoples work to clearly state and link the source.

    Please don't hesitate to contact me if you'd like to discuss this further.
    ..now just tinker with our bikes and feed the cats. - oldbear52

  14. #14
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: Bikin' Bric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_o View Post
    Probably getting a bit pedantic but for the record, content was clearly plagiarized. When I brought this up I was brushed off and then given what I would argue was a questionable excuse.

    Since this is not the first time I've seen this lack of regard for transparency I politely asked that in future when copying other peoples work to clearly state and link the source.

    Please don't hesitate to contact me if you'd like to discuss this further.
    Not passing judgement on anyone here. Just watching to make sure everything stays civil.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dgage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_o View Post
    Probably getting a bit pedantic but for the record, content was clearly plagiarized. When I brought this up I was brushed off and then given what I would argue was a questionable excuse.

    Since this is not the first time I've seen this lack of regard for transparency I politely asked that in future when copying other peoples work to clearly state and link the source.

    Please don't hesitate to contact me if you'd like to discuss this further.
    You have to be kidding me!!? Its not like cyclelicious is making a profit or any personal gain from this posting. All she is doing is passing on some interesting information and the way to make sure that it gets posted correctly is to "copy and paste it".
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-31-2016, 07:15 AM
  2. Ontario Provincial Parks
    By revrnd in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2016, 08:56 PM
  3. Downhill lift service bike parks?
    By Tracer650 in forum North & South Carolina
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2015, 10:14 AM
  4. NC report suggest closing state parks in the winter
    By pb29 in forum North & South Carolina
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 08:20 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 05:58 PM

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.