• 08-14-2011
    BlackCanoeDog
    Buckwallow:Summer Love [o]
    ...and what a summer it is!! Some shots from today. I was a long time just on Burnt Pine Trail because it's lined on both sides with blackberry bushes. Can't let the bears get them all :)

• 08-14-2011
    shapelike
    How much camera gear do you have on you for these rides/shoots?
  • 08-14-2011
    BlackCanoeDog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shapelike View Post
    How much camera gear do you have on you for these rides/shoots?

Sony NEX 5. Fits in a little pouch on my camelback chest strap. A lot of camera in a tiny package :)
    Sony Alpha NEX-5 Compact System Camera - Full Review
  • 08-14-2011
    sweetfilly7
    Great photos, yet again. Thanks again for all the advice last week. We had a great time in Muskoka. Despite some less than favourable weather, we rode Porcupine Ridge once and Buckwallow twice. Fantastic trails at both places, although Buckwallow was infinitely better maintained.

Hoping to be able to make a fall trip to check out the Barrens.... :)
  • 08-14-2011
    BlackCanoeDog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetfilly7 View Post
    Great photos, yet again. Thanks again for all the advice last week. We had a great time in Muskoka. Despite some less than favourable weather, we rode Porcupine Ridge once and Buckwallow twice. Fantastic trails at both places, although Buckwallow was infinitely better maintained.

Thanks! I will keep you in the loop. Others have expressed a similar interest. There will be a 40Km Wharf to Barrens via The Old Stone Rd Group Ride on a Sunday in September, even if I have to call it & lead it myself :D
  • 08-14-2011
    -Todd-
    I missed Buckwallow this summer, your photos are spectacular. I really regret not making the trip into Gravenhurst...
  • 08-14-2011
    rkj__
    Awesome awesome awesome.
  • 08-15-2011
    BlackCanoeDog
    Thanks! Todd, summers not over yet :D
  • 08-15-2011
    garage monster
    That tall tree pic is cool! It took forever to scroll through it on my Blackberry! :D
  • 08-15-2011
    Near north
    Yes the tree stitch picture was very cool,
  • 08-15-2011
    Near north
    The third picture is good as well for up here anyways, a handful of Blackberries and a mosquito, mother nature giveth and taketh away:)
  • 08-15-2011
    Bikin' Bric
    Awesome photos as usual BCD! I'm dying to get to Buckwallow.
  • 08-15-2011
    BlackCanoeDog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Near north View Post
    The third picture is good as well for up here anyways, a handful of Blackberries and a mosquito, mother nature giveth and taketh away:)

Ha! I was wondering if anyone would notice the mosquito!! :thumbsup:
  • 08-16-2011
    mxzx121
    I love Buckwallow. I got my first bike(2011 kona nunu) on june 20. After my first ride at buck I was hooked. I remember the first time I rode westdnile I thought that trail would be impossable for me. Last week I rode it backwards and only put a foot down once, so much fun.

Last week I upgraded to a 2011 Giant trance x3. I have been to Buck 10 times and each time is better. Cant wait to give Do drop in another try this week.
  • 08-16-2011
    SpectralMeat
    Beautiful pictures, it looks like an awesome place to ride. Too bad it is so dang far away for me.
  • 08-16-2011
    Biff Pedachenko
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetfilly7 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    There will be a 40Km Wharf to Barrens via The Old Stone Rd Group Ride on a Sunday in September, even if I have to call it & lead it myself :D

Puppy Pedal is a go again this year - Sunday, September 18 - one week later than usual to accommodate provincials - 10am depart from Muskoka Wharf, Gravenhurst

Also under consideration for this year - the longer, more rugged Puppy Pedal Invitational for those who want to see some more of what Muskoka has to offer amongst the fall colours and are up for a challenge. This ride will be an unmarked, guided, no-drop group ride - to get an invite you need to be at the Puppy Pedal and show that you're a strong enough rider

I'm sure most everyone on this board qualifies - but we do have some riders out to Puppy Pedal each year who most certainly do not and I won't let them come and hold up this ride. Not envisioned as a fast ride, but it will be 60-70km self supported and have moments reminiscent of Crank the Shield - don't expect to come home with dry feet.

Of course, the invitational all relies on me still being in Ontario in October - which is far from guaranteed at this point

</hijack>
  • 08-16-2011
    BlackCanoeDog
    deleted:blush: post ( I should read 1st and avoid stupid questions)
  • 08-16-2011
    RiotMTB
    Wow...awesome pics. I have never ridden Buckwallow. After seeing those pics, I gotta get there.
  • 08-17-2011
    racergurl
    Lovely pics, as always :) I have yet to make it to Buckwallow this year.
  • 08-18-2011
    quikcolin
    Fantastic shots! Really impressed, not only with the photography but with the trail!
  • 08-18-2011
    BlackCanoeDog
    Buckwallow Brochure...