Buckwallow Opening Day- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Buckwallow Opening Day

Runmour has it that this Saturday is opening day for Buckwallow. Any body else going? Also, I have heard great things about Porcupine Ridge. Is it open yet?

Muskoka
    Yes, Buck opens Sat 30th. I can't see why Porc wouldn't be open also, but I don't know that for certain.
    At Buck there is a demo day planned for this weekend Sun May 1 put on by Muskoka Outfitters. best check with them on times. And I think the Defiant Cycling group has a ride planned for Buck on the 1st as well.
    The weather forecast is perfect for Sat ( sunny, high 17 ) but trails will be wet in places...it rained most of this week.
    CORRECTION: Buck does not open until Sunday, as per message below
    Last edited by BlackCanoeDog; 04-29-2011 at 04:24 PM.
    https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...127?source=pwa

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"
    Rocky Mountain Sherpa Overland

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog
    Yes, Buck opens Sat 30th. I can't see why Porc wouldn't be open also, but I don't know that for certain.
    At Buck there is a demo day planned for this weekend Sun May 1 put on by Muskoka Outfitters. best check with them on times. And I think the Defiant Cycling group has a ride planned for Buck on the 1st as well.
    The weather forecast is perfect for Sat ( sunny, high 17 ) but trails will be wet in places...it rained most of this week.
    I heard it was going to rain on Sunday and there is an OCup race that will absorb many of my relaxation-challenged friends. But we'll see about Sunday!

Muskoka
    NEWS FLASH:Got home this evening to a message from Buckwallow staff saying that opening day has been pushed back to Sunday May 1, and NOT Sat Apr 30th. I know the trails are very wet due to cold, slow spring and rain all this past week. Mike probably wants to give them that extra day to dry up a bit.

edit: Torrance Barrens is a great alternate ride for anyone who was planning to be at Buck on Saturday...

Last edited by BlackCanoeDog; 04-29-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...127?source=pwa

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"
    Rocky Mountain Sherpa Overland

Members who have read this thread: 0