Buckwallow after closing?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2012

Buckwallow after closing?

I know buck closes at the end of Oct? But I'm heading up to the cottage for the Nov 10 weekend and would love to take advantage of the trip if I could bring my bike along and sneak a ride in. Any chance Mike allows people in still or is it locked up tight? It's a guys weekend so if I'll need to something to burn some calories after drinking and eatin like a pig! LOL

Muskoka

yes totally closed...

trust me, Mike will be freak if he catches you in there off season! I know one local who is banned for life at Buckwallow for sneaking onto the trails like that!! But more serious, the family and friends are hunting on the property at that time so it isn't safe. First 2 weeks of Nov is deer season in Muskoka and its probably wise to stay out of the bush entirely!
    https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...127?source=pwa

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"
    Rocky Mountain Sherpa Overland

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    You could ride at porcupine ridge or torrance barrens. Wear bright orange.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by mxzx121 View Post
    You could ride at porcupine ridge or torrance barrens. Wear bright orange.
    +1...good options.

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Sorry I didn't mean sneak in to Buck, I meant sneak a ride in with my schedule for that weekend. I wouldn't take the chance of going in without Mikes permission, I just was curious if he let people in on occasion after the official closing date. Thanks for the reply, guess I won't be bringing the bike that weekend. Season has dwindled away

Muskoka
    As poster above said, if you enjoy very technical riding then Porcupine Ridge is a good option. It is close enough to town and built-up areas to probably not be hunted. Torrance Barrens is likely relatively safe too and one of my favourite rides. It's mostly quite open so good visibility, plus I have never seen deer nor sign of in there. BRMC north of Bracebridge is a nice ride option too but it is open to hunting. And as stated above , wear bright colours.
    I personally just stay away from any hunted areas for those weeks, largely because I always ride with my dog and would be very concerned about his safety. Too many people I meet on trails have thought he was a wolf!

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Members who have read this thread: 0