Bromont fantastic, photos so-so...- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

Bromont fantastic, photos so-so...

It was very hard to find places to stop and really shoot a photo that captured the sense of what we were riding - how insanely steep and rocky this sh*t is. I have an even greater appreciation now for amature photogs on this site who deliver mag quality action shots. Funny, you'd think I never went to university for Media Arts or something. Anyways here's the lame shots I did take... none of them are of me though. Too bad, cause my game this time was high: I cleared the North Shore stuff and the Quebec Cup run without bailing at all...a few times even. I DIDN'T do the 10' teeter, though...next time fo sho. The lead up too it was like a half km of catwalks, near veritcal ramps, and rock drops...absolutely sick. The dude hitting it is one of the crazy Quebeckers who rule this place. Our condo was cheap, seconds from the lift, plenty o' good food, beer and laughs. The only setback was one of our group ate it on the Quebec Cup waterfall section and sprained his wrist...out for the rest of the weekend. Back for more May 24, 2005.
    Gabe
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Pics look really nice Gabe, gotta love those fall colours! I've got some buds heading out that way at the end of the month but I doubt I can make it.

Pm me when you have a stunt ride planned, we'll hook up. Did this gap in Waterdown a few weeks ago, what a fun place to ride! (not me in the pics)

Clem
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mar 2004

Sh*t Clem that looks sick!

I gotta say man I chickened out of the ravenshoe drop, chickened out of the 12' teeter @ bromont, and I might have to yellow out of that creek gap too! That looks wicked fun...but I'm too old, works too important, and I've got a baby on the way...I can't afford to break bones so I stick to the tough lines and medium drops I know I can pin. BUT, I'd love to have a go at that one anyway, just to see it. My Cove is on the stand with a F*cked BB, if I can get it fixed this weekend I'll let you know...I'd love to hit Waterdown. Otherwise I may just do the Don on my Intense. My riding partner broke his wrist on the first run down the rocky section in my pics...he's out for 3 weeks, so I may be looking to you to PM me when you've got something planned since I've got no one to ride with for a bit.
    Later
    G
    Quote Originally Posted by HubbaMan
    Pics look really nice Gabe, gotta love those fall colours! I've got some buds heading out that way at the end of the month but I doubt I can make it.

Pm me when you have a stunt ride planned, we'll hook up. Did this gap in Waterdown a few weeks ago, what a fun place to ride! (not me in the pics)

Clem

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambhead
    I gotta say man I chickened out of the ravenshoe drop, chickened out of the 12' teeter @ bromont, and I might have to yellow out of that creek gap too! That looks wicked fun...but I'm too old, works too important, and I've got a baby on the way...I can't afford to break bones so I stick to the tough lines and medium drops I know I can pin. BUT, I'd love to have a go at that one anyway, just to see it. My Cove is on the stand with a F*cked BB, if I can get it fixed this weekend I'll let you know...I'd love to hit Waterdown. Otherwise I may just do the Don on my Intense. My riding partner broke his wrist on the first run down the rocky section in my pics...he's out for 3 weeks, so I may be looking to you to PM me when you've got something planned since I've got no one to ride with for a bit.
    Later
    G
    We have definitely got to rip it up sometime, you'll be hitting all that stuff in no time. I'll pm you with contact info so we can hook up soon.

Clem

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    wicked pics boys... how hard is this creek gap to find in Waterdown?? I was told by a few ppl now not to go there without ppl that have been or I'm not gonna find anything??
    looks like hell of a wicked build
    I Ride, I Know

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TT.
    wicked pics boys... how hard is this creek gap to find in Waterdown?? I was told by a few ppl now not to go there without ppl that have been or I'm not gonna find anything??
    looks like hell of a wicked build
    I've only been out there a few times and always with someone local that knows the place. I'd have a tough time telling you how to find it, I was simply following the guys in front of me!
    I remember something about a railroad track but I don't think you need to cross it to get there, we did but only because we played in another stunt area first.

Nice build, not very difficult, it's all commitment and speed though.

Clem