The Brant Tract and My New Bike- Mtbr.com

Jul 2006

The Brant Tract and My New Bike

My new and first bike...

There's purportedly 20 km of singletrack and 10 km of doubletrack in the Brant Tract forest. The trails for the most part seem pretty easy, even for me, a beginner, who's had his bike for all of a month and a half. I did, however, have lots of fun zipping around the forest. The trails, unlike the ravines in Toronto which I've been riding, are nice and isolated as well. I saw a family having a picnic at the trailhead and I ran into a dad with two kids in three hours of riding. I also have no idea how to resize pictures.

The rest of my pictures are here:
    https://s107.photobucket.com/albums/...tart=#imgAnch1

Moderator Moderator
    looks like fun riding man, I gotta make it up there sometime.....I've heard good things. Congrats on the new bike too man, its lookin sweet.

Avenger of Evil

Congrats & Question

Congratulations on the new bike.
    What was the ride like? It looks like fast single track. I am lookig for somewhere where I can take the family for a ride.
    I took my wife to the Bruce Pennisula Mountain Bike Park. I loved it, but it was a little much for her.

Jul 2006
    The trails are devoid of soul crushing climbs or neck breaking descents as the terrain is fairly flat. The Red Pine Loop and Rolling Ferns are perfect for children, I suppose. They're flat and free of roots and rocks. The Rolling Ferns is actually covered with gravel dust. There's lots of stuff for the beginner and intermediate.

My favourite trail was the Razor's Edge. It has lots of rolling terrain that can be taken at high rate of speed, with a couple of bridges, and sharp cutbacks. The trails seemed fast and had a really good flow to them. You can certainly buzz through them quickly.

I got lost a couple of times because the trail system is not marked that well. They have a map of the entire trail sytem at the head of trails throughout the forest, but the signs don't indicate where you are on the system. After zipping around for a few hours you tend to get disoriented.

Avenger of Evil

Thanks

Thanks for the info.
    I think we will give it a try this weekend.
    My parents live on the Bruce Pennisula, and I live in London, so with some travel planning it might work.
    Hope to see you out with the new Kona.

mtbr member
    I got lost a couple of times because the trail system is not marked that well. They have a map of the entire trail sytem at the head of trails throughout the forest, but the signs don't indicate where you are on the system. After zipping around for a few hours you tend to get disoriented
    "What are you talking about ?? "
    At the end of every trail , there is a complete map of the trail system on a post (your second picture ) .
    They are all named and numbered .
    My daughter is'nt up to riding the more advanced trails so we both carried two way radios.
    I would tell her that I was going to ride the Devil's Elbow (trail 19) and to meet me where it comes out to the East Road (trail 20 ) .
    Worked like a charm .
    Great trails, well marked .
    Recomended !!!

Jul 2006
    My apologies for offending you so. I realized today, my second time there, that there are numbers on the signs that indicate where you are on the trail system; I didn't realize this the first time I was there.

mtbr member
    Don't sweat it dude .... it was my first day there as well .

You are'nt offending me in the least .
    I just offered the corrected information as not to let your post deter others
    from making a trip to this great little riding area .
    Last edited by ccaddy; 09-05-2006 at 09:35 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0