Bradford Area Trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2011

Bradford Area Trails

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows of some mountain biking trails in the Bradford area. I'm from Collingwood but am living in Bradford for the summer. I have a feeling I'm going to be missing 3 Stage quite a bit!

Thanks for any help!

FeelIng Cranky!
    Quote Originally Posted by vb66
    Hi I was wondering if anyone knows of some mountain biking trails in the Bradford area. I'm from Collingwood but am living in Bradford for the summer. I have a feeling I'm going to be missing 3 Stage quite a bit!

Thanks for any help!
    http://www.spokeomotion.com/series.html

Fun place to ride. It's about 12 k total. technical, rooty slippery, with some man made stuff fun close by.

Or you could head south to Centennial, which is Jane st south of Loydtown Rd. About 10 k of swoopy fun. No man made stuff, some climbs few roots, but good place to practice swoopy turns.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks! Looking forward to trying out Coulson's Hill next week. Hope I don't get lost!

FeelIng Cranky!
    Quote Originally Posted by vb66
    Thanks! Looking forward to trying out Coulson's Hill next week. Hope I don't get lost!
    LOL! You won't get lost just remember the 400 is ever present. if It's on your right, you're headed back to the parking lot!

mtbr member
    There a bunch of places to ride near Bradford check these out
    Coulson Hill http://www.mtbiking.ca/coulsonhill.html
    Ravenshoe http://www.mtbiking.ca/Ravenshoe.html

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I looked at the description of Ravenshoe and it describes it as flat. Are there any climbs at all? I love me some leg burn

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Just responded to a similar post..... I'm in your area, we have a solid group that rides every weekend and the destinations vary as the group is quite diverse geo wise. And yes we will be hitting Collingwood - in fact we have a BBQ weekend planned for the summer, includes some music and well beer.... one of our group members lives in the Collingwood area. Heck we even did a few DH outings - Blue and Horseshoe.

The numbers change depending on ride destination but we have a solid base that are steady eddies.... This weekend - Buckwallow, The Don and Hilton Falls, so three choices. The Buckwallow one is a multi day ride, we may also hit Torrence Barrens, Porc if the trails are ready.

Check out the facebook group Defiant Mtb, don't mean to spam but I am an Officer of the group. We have other events planned, some to the US and also an upcoming skills camp with Sacred Rides. So if interested post up also on the FB Page.

To respond to your trail inquires - yes Ravenshoe is flat but Skunk and Stinky trails are great tight and twisty tracks, good technical loops. Coulsons is real close and is maintained by Spoke O Motion, they do a weekly race series and hats off to their efforts. The trails are quick changing, lots of fun and will get the heart rate up, we usually do 3-4 loops in there as a week day jaunt.
    Defiant MTB - nothing complicated just ride....

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks for your help! I joined the Facebook group and am looking forward to getting out.

Members who have read this thread: 0