Bowmanville Comment- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Good job! Bowmanville Comment

Tonight I rode from the parking lot south of Vanstone's Mill to the foot of Bennett Rd. using the creek & Waterfront trails. On the way back while I was pedaling up Waverly Rd towards the 401 I noticed the old road on the east side between the 401 & the CN tracks. It will take you to an old bridge south of the 401 & a trail that follows the east side of the creek. Once you're north of the 401, follow the path to the Baseline, just west of the TSC where the watermain work @ Baseline Rd. is going on.

NOTE: If you do try this ride be careful of the old bridge over Bowmanville Creek south of the 401. The approach on the west side is eroded & if you cross the bridge from the east & you're not paying attention, there is about a 4' drop. Stay to the south side of the bridge deck.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Lots of Garbage

Tons of garbage on this dirt road... but it makes a nice Jeep road if you want to climb up the steep hill where the rail line has a cut-off that crosses the 401.

They seem to be grading back up to the bridge, I wonder if they will convert the trail to link to the other trails, I'll have to go take a look and talk to the guys.

If you take the trail from TSC and follow the creek the bridge is south of the 401 (you ride under the bridge) and then heads west to 57 and Service rd.
    It's better to head north from here and follow the creek past the Mill to the Longworth bridge