Bmbc- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bmbc

mtbr member

Bmbc

Anyone here from the Bolton MTB club? Where'd it go?

humber river advocate
    actually it is more informal now, but a group of us are still tied to imba. what you want to know? oh we also have a crokinole club for off season activities...
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket
    what you want to know?
    sounds like your hiding somethin

mtbr member
    I was a member for one year. Just wondering if it's still around.

mtbr member
    their web site seems to be dormant.
    can't get any info there

humber river advocate
    you just went to the splinter group (there's a whole story there)... hiding no... we've been active with the hvhta providing chainsaw assistence (we are ontario certified and have all the equipment), helping out where we can with trail maintenance, attending numerous imba workshops, making material donations, having trash days in the humber around bolton, holding rides, meeting with land owners etc. we are just informal about it, though if you want to be president go ahead...

the old board is here and still up...
    http://www.runboard.com/bboltonmountainbikeclub
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    I was a member of BMBC for four years.
    I don't know what happened to everyone.
    I try to stay in touch with a few people.
    It would seem Chris is here gracing us with his presence.
    Thatshowiroll...........whats your name?
    BURN IN UP >>>>>> PEDALOCTANE

Is it winter yet?
    May 2007
    you just went to the splinter group (there's a whole story there)... hiding no... we've been active with the hvhta providing chainsaw assistence (we are ontario certified and have all the equipment), helping out where we can with trail maintenance, attending numerous imba workshops, making material donations, having trash days in the humber around bolton, holding rides, meeting with land owners etc. we are just informal about it, though if you want to be president go ahead...

the old board is here and still up...
    http://www.runboard.com/bboltonmountainbikeclub
    That is not the BMBC. That is Chris. It seems like 90% of the posts are from Chris, posting under numerous accounts.

The sane remnants of the BMBC were at http://bmbc.aimoo.com/

That board does appear to be quite fubar'ed.

What's left of BMBC do still meet at the water fountain at Albion Hills on Thursdays at 6:30 or so, or at least they do during normal riding months. Maybe not so much in the winter, but you never know.

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by chansen
    That is not the BMBC. That is Chris. It seems like 90% of the posts are from Chris, posting under numerous accounts.

The sane remnants of the BMBC were at http://bmbc.aimoo.com/

That board does appear to be quite fubar'ed.

What's left of BMBC do still meet at the water fountain at Albion Hills on Thursdays at 6:30 or so, or at least they do during normal riding months. Maybe not so much in the winter, but you never know.
    actually the old site is the orginal web site. the thursday night ride (which was the thursday night skill ride) splintered after one members rude behavoiur to a female member and the demanding of fees. i hope you didn't pay any fee's to join, that was another issue. As well as issues about trail advocacy, trail construction, calling rides and not showing up, false claims of donations. might i add also the racing side also splintered to join the hillbilly's (epic ride) up in orangeville and the ccc

The bmbc lives as an informal group and is still registered with imba. rides are posted and still held as well as trail days and helping out other clubs.
    i think the new fubar'ed web site speaks for itself.

if anyone wants to formalize it feel free... i'll forward you all the info...
    Last edited by singlesprocket; 01-13-2010 at 05:02 AM.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

Is it winter yet?
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    I have heard of a guy called chris. Is this him?
    Yes.

actually the old site is the orginal web site. the thursday night ride (which was the thursday night skill ride) splintered after one members rude behavoiur to a female member and the demanding of fees. i hope you didn't pay any fee's to join, that was another issue. As well as issues about trail advocacy, trail construction, calling rides and not showing up, false claims of donations. might i add also the racing side also splintered to join the hillbilly's (epic ride) up in orangeville and the ccc

The bmbc lives as an informal group and is still registered with imba. rides are posted and still held as well as trail days and helping out other clubs.
    i think the new fubar'ed web site speaks for itself.

if anyone wants to formalize it feel free... i'll forward you all the info...
    You might have some points, I don't know. I show up to a couple of Thursday night rides per year. I don't know of the incidents you're talking about, and fees were never demanded of me.

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by chansen
    You might have some points, I don't know. I show up to a couple of Thursday night rides per year. I don't know of the incidents you're talking about, and fees were never demanded of me.
    it's more then a couple points, but that's as far as i'm going to get into it... the old web site is kept alive due to the fact it gets about 8000 views in 30 days. i figure if that many people want to view it, might as well keep it alive...
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

humber river advocate
    osokolo, take note.

you know that your actions/postings can be construed as a form of harassment and against the guidelines of this forum?

i suggest that stop your behavoir... yeah like thats going to happen
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    I post mostly from work so I'll remain nameless. You wouldn't remember me anyway since I was just pack-fill. The year I was a BMBC member was around 2003. I paid a membership fee which I realised was a waste because the club was pretty much as organized as a bunch of friends getting together. I could have done that for free. There did seem to be a "clique" attitude amongst members who had been there a while.

sock puppet

in October 2009

I offered you that we stop commenting on each other posts. Forum administrators have that specific post:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=567602

I submitted it to them recently, after you reported my posts to them as being harassing towards you.

You commented on my post on another thread yesterday - not in a very nice manner:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=584644

On that thread I posted my comment that I would like to ride Squamish, which had NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, and you responded to it. Why? What compels you to comment on my posts that have nothing to do with you?

It appears that you like to dish it out, but don't like to take it, much like your BMBC, mr "boltonmountainbikeclub" or "mr chris" or mr "singlesprocket"...

It also seems that your arguments about getting rid of some BMBC members due to female harassment and demanding fees is not quite accurate, based on statements from a former club member.

These are all facts and I am just listing them here. If anything is wrong - please feel free to correct me. There is a lot of information on the Intrawebs.

So to conclude this response - had you stopped commenting on my posts that had nothing to do with you anyway, I would have ignored you as well. You REFUSED the offer - now you are crying harassment. I don't think there is any harassment in this post, nor that is or will be my intention in the future.

Feel free to respond to the facts "mr chris" or "boltonmountainbikeclub" or "singlesprocket" to name just a few of your Intrawebs handles.......

i suggest that stop your behavoir... yeah like thats going to happen
    Signature

humber river advocate
    once again you left out a lot of deleted/changed posts...
    it does not change your actions towards me now/past, statements you have made now/past or the derogatory pictures you have posted (now deleted).

face it, it is your intent to harass me and anyone who supports me as long as i am on this
    forum. as a bully you do not like to be called on your actions. your claims about the bmbc are quite inaccurate as well. i never stated i got rid of anyone, just that the group splintered because of the behaviour of a certain member and that other members wanted a more race oriented club (ccc, hillbillys) vs a riding/building club. i stand behind what i said and the people involved are quite aware of the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    I offered you that we stop commenting on each other posts. Forum administrators have that specific post:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=567602

(i think that post speaks for itself, poor girl)

I submitted it to them recently, after you reported my posts to them as being harassing towards you.

You commented on my post on another thread yesterday - not in a very nice manner:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=584644

On that thread I posted my comment that I would like to ride Squamish, which had NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, and you responded to it. Why? What compels you to comment on my posts that have nothing to do with you?

(actually the posted squamish location contradicts your other statement... on the other hand why do you feel compeled to have me in your sig?)

It appears that you like to dish it out, but don't like to take it, much like your BMBC, mr "boltonmountainbikeclub" or "mr chris" or mr "singlesprocket"...

(yup, sure)

It also seems that your arguments about getting rid of some BMBC members due to female harassment and demanding fees is not quite accurate, based on statements from a former club member.

(actually you are so off on that statement you have no idea)

These are all facts and I am just listing them here. If anything is wrong - please feel free to correct me. There is a lot of information on the Intrawebs.

(see the above)

So to conclude this response - had you stopped commenting on my posts that had nothing to do with you anyway, I would have ignored you as well. You REFUSED the offer - now you are crying harassment. I don't think there is any harassment in this post, nor that is or will be my intention in the future.

(i think you have every intent to harass and just don't like when you are called out on it)

Feel free to respond to the facts "mr chris" or "boltonmountainbikeclub" or "singlesprocket" to name just a few of your Intrawebs handles.......
    (meh)
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll
    I post mostly from work so I'll remain nameless. You wouldn't remember me anyway since I was just pack-fill. The year I was a BMBC member was around 2003. I paid a membership fee which I realised was a waste because the club was pretty much as organized as a bunch of friends getting together. I could have done that for free. There did seem to be a "clique" attitude amongst members who had been there a while.
    yes, that is true. plus issues with new riders being dropped on rides. that makes for a negative experience. for all the above reasons i found the fee to be a waste also.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

sock puppet
    I don't see your point. Again.

Your posts were deleted by mods as well. Even thread that you started about me being a trail fascist was deleted by mods. What makes you better than myself, even by your own standards. Your comments were insulting and demeaning.

At least I am honest to admit it, where you are not.

There is no harassment here. You are treated the same way that you treat others, in this case - me. Stop commenting on my posts that have nothing to do with you, and you will see how much I care about you. I don't really care if you are on this forum or not. I don't believe in Intrawebs bullying.

Otherwise, you will get the same treatment that you dish out in my direction.

You may also challenge me to stop commenting on your posts, that have nothing to do with me and I will accept it - rest assured. I believe it is the only way to stop this crap, other than one of us being permanently banned from this site. It is your call...

once again you left out a lot of deleted/changed posts...
    it does not change your actions towards me now/past, statements you have made now/past or the derogatory pictures you have posted (now deleted).

face it, it is your intent to harass me and anyone who supports me as long as i am on this
    forum. as a bully you do not like to be called on your actions. your claims about the bmbc are quite inaccurate as well. i never stated i got rid of anyone, just that the group splintered because of the behaviour of a certain member and that other members wanted a more race oriented club (ccc, hillbillys) vs a riding/building club. i stand behind what i said and the people involved are quite aware of the incident.

(meh)
    Signature

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Hey Chris,

In actual fact you have some good ideas, you are hard working and you have done us favors in the past which I will always be grateful for. On a person to person level I actually think you are a good guy.

But when you start going down the road of "x-country riders in Ontario suck" etc. and really use this as your soapbox for what you think is wrong in mountain biking it won't make you any friends. You have done this countless times and the way you come across is very negative and as a know it all. You come in this sandbox taunting many of us and then cry to the teacher that bullies are threatening you. Wow

We're all mountain bikers here, some with different styles "can't we all just get along".

Adam

humber river advocate
    ummmm i never said xc riders suck in ontario... nor did i make a blanket statement "what is wrong with mountain biking in ontario" yes there are issues with mountain biking in some areas (night riding, erosion, trail construction, bans) as well as orv's, etc (as everywhere). but there are also solutions that work in ontario and elsewhere (this has been hashed over before in lots of threads)... it is clear you haven't followed all the threads (not expected) or are aware of the incidents that led to misleading statements made by that member or even the derogatory statements made in the past to myself or other members. often they cross the line of banter or spirited debate into the realm of maliciousness.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    You're right I haven't read all the posts, however you have posted some uber-negative posts in the past that were designed to instigate negative reactions. That is my take on it as well as many others on this forum.

It's your wording and tone that puts you in a bad position moreso than your message.

Have a good New Year and enjoy the ride Chris....

mtbr member
    Hey thatshowiroll !!
    see what you went and did with your stupid thread.
    everyone's yellin at each other now

humber river advocate
    actually that post was a response based on the comments and statements that you made
    calling for removal of trail work done in certain area by a large community of riders/builders... and why such an action will not work and be counter productive/costly as a whole. the post did go on to offer solutions... yes i did use that term and i gave my reasons and a link of definition in support of why i used it. if the mods see fit to remove it after a complant so be it. though the statement made about turning the toronto island into devils island was quite funny (you had to read it)... i guess you missed the communist/donkey name calling posts before that ...
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

sock puppet

following your logic

I could give an elaborate explanation and include scientific links as to why I called you a retard and a donkey and I would be justified in doing that???

I really don't think that we can find even middle ground in our philosophies, whether it is life or riding or both.

I don't really want to waste my time arguing with you to death, as I do not want to spend any minute of my life on futile endeavors. I am asking you kindly (for the second time) to not comment my posts or communicate with me. I will do the same.

I will even remove any reference of your posts in my signature - I will do that first step - to make it easier for you to follow up as well.

This may be my last post directed at you, if you return the favour. I think this place will be a better place without this banter. We are holding most of the EC membership hostage with this crap.

Hopefully you will show some reason and do the right thing, otherwise this will go on until one of us or both are permanently banned from this site.

actually that post was a response based on the comments and statements that you made
    calling for removal of trail work done in certain area by a large community of riders/builders... and why such an action will not work and be counter productive/costly as a whole. the post did go on to offer solutions... yes i did use that term and i gave my reasons and a link of definition in support of why i used it. if the mods see fit to remove it after a complant so be it. though the statement made about turning the toronto island into devils island was quite funny (you had to read it)... i guess you missed the communist/donkey name calling posts before that ...
    Signature

mtbr member

humber river advocate
    i don't think anything i've posted was uber-negative, just asked a lot of questions... but questioning the status quo is never pretty. perhaps we should follow parliaments lead and declare a prorogue till march.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoracing
    You're right I haven't read all the posts, however you have posted some uber-negative posts in the past that were designed to instigate negative reactions. That is my take on it as well as many others on this forum. It's your wording and tone that puts you in a bad position moreso than your message.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trailtrash
    Hey thatshowiroll !!
    see what you went and did with your stupid thread.
    everyone's yellin at each other now
    You got that right. Talk about thread hijack.

...and I thought roadies were pricks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll
    You got that right. Talk about thread hijack.

...and I thought roadies were pricks.

I thought you were a roadie

mtbr member
    I was a so called member from 2003 to 2007.
    I too paid the fee the first year but realized it was not required.
    I was a regular Thursday nights at the water fountain.
    I found there was structure when Chris or Wayne lead the rides and I actually liked it because they would wait for you if your fell behind.
    Certain people had attitude complexes but I just would try to look past that as I was mostly there for the rides.
    Overall, it is sad to see the website they did have go bust.
    Now its just a free message fourm that currently has no posts.
    I really think people should try to put their differences behind them and just ride dammit.
    Eh Chris, you mentioned a male rider misbehaving towards a female rider. THATS NEWS TO ME. I never experienced anything like that while I was there.
    BURN IN UP >>>>>> PEDALOCTANE

humber river advocate
    a lot of things go on that people don't know about. the whole experience left a bad taste. most of the members are still active and involved in a informal way. we are pretty much at a blank slate now. the club can be rebuilt if someone wants to take the helm and do all the admin work. i got my hands full doing trail work, though i will throw my support/rides/etc (and encourage other members) behind anyone who wants to take on such a project. it actually might be a timely thing to do since several tracts i think are coming up for due diligence in the area.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

Is it winter yet?
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PEDALOCTANE
    I found there was structure when Chris or Wayne lead the rides and I actually liked it because they would wait for you if your fell behind.
    I honestly can't recall which group ride leaders would wait for stragglers, but the words "not many" come to mind. I distinctly recall being left behind on my first ride in Albion, and being none too pleased with the group.

A few years later, with another new rider joining up, the first thing we did was the green monster, which was just an asinine decision by the leader of the ride.

So yes, there were some inconsiderate people who were group ride leaders at the BMBC. I'm in complete agreement with Chris about that. But some were considerate, and I still know them to see them, and will still ride with them occasionally. Geography and my schedule doesn't allow for many trips to Albion, and my abilities may not always keep pace with them, but I still make the trip to say hello. And, "wait!"

Evil Jr.
    Speaking from experience, leading a group ride (especially one where the ability levels are wide-ranging and largely unknown) can be a really tricky thing. It takes a lot of patience to keep from hammering away at your own pace and dropping people.

Way back when I was on the GORBA exec, on the first group ride I ever lead, our sweeper broke his collar bone on practically the very first downhill. I never forgot that experience. It taught me a valuable lesson about gauging the riders you're leading before you really start to open it up.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Members who have read this thread: 0