Blue mountain- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Blue mountain

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,173

    Blue mountain

    Is blue mountain a good place for mtb biking? How dangerous is it?

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4
    Blue is a great place for mtb riding. The mountain itself is mostly downhill. Before you are issued a lift pass they will send someone up with you to test out your basic skills. If you pass you are good to go. There are runs suitable for the beginner. Bring water!!! There is none on the mountain.

    There are great trails about 5 min way at Pretty River Conservation.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Mississaugagunnut View Post
    Blue is a great place for mtb riding. The mountain itself is mostly downhill. Before you are issued a lift pass they will send someone up with you to test out your basic skills. If you pass you are good to go. There are runs suitable for the beginner. Bring water!!! There is none on the mountain.

    There are great trails about 5 min way at Pretty River Conservation.
    How do they test my skills?

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by sito40 View Post
    Is blue mountain a good place for mtb biking? How dangerous is it?

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    They send you up the mountain with a guide who tests your skills on various features. No jumps if I recall correctly. Mainly a small drop off. Will coach you on anything they see wrong. This was several years ago so things may have changed. Ymmv

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    268
    If you are over a certain age, you simply pay for your pass and ride.

    The trails are no more dangerous than any other trails; a tree is a tree and whether you hit one at Blue or over at the Hydro Cut, they all hurt the same. The biggest difference is that you'll be relying on your brakes a lot more.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shawnmcw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5
    I was there last weekend and had a blast riding the trails. Admittedly i only did the upper and lower groove trails though.

    If it's any help i'll add a link to the vid i made so you can judge for yourself though.

    https://youtu.be/XfomToAFGAQ

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,173
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnmcw View Post
    I was there last weekend and had a blast riding the trails. Admittedly i only did the upper and lower groove trails though.

    If it's any help i'll add a link to the vid i made so you can judge for yourself though.

    https://youtu.be/XfomToAFGAQ
    The trail looks like beginner trail. Did you try hard trail?

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,173
    Did you guys buy eat lunch there? Where can you lock up your bike?

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shawnmcw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5
    not yet, since it was my first time there i stuck to that one.
    I'll be going back next weekend again though and plan to start trying some of the blue level trails.

    Although this one was a beginner trail, i still had fun

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    268
    The Groove is pretty mellow the entire way down. As in, most people who are completely new to bikes can probably make it down without incident.

    If you ride regularly, I'd say definitely check out some of the blue rated trails. Some of them introduce more roots and some berms, but are all pretty manageable and can be taken at any pace.

    The only one in my opinion that is tough, is the one that merges with the bottom of H2O. The section of trail after the merge is pretty blown out and rooty (but one of the best spots on the hill IMO).

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,173
    Do I need to wear upper body armor?

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ghettocruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemountain.ca
    All downhill riders 17 years of age and under are required to wear a full-face helmet, and knee, elbow, chest and back protection.We strongly recommend that all riders wear a full-face helmet and full armour.

    FAQ:

    https://www.bluemountain.ca/things-t...ountain-biking
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadmos View Post
    The only one in my opinion that is tough, is the one that merges with the bottom of H2O. The section of trail after the merge is pretty blown out and rooty (but one of the best spots on the hill IMO).
    That is 'The Ridge' and yes it is getting pretty rough down towards the end of the trail.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by sito40 View Post
    Do I need to wear upper body armor?

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    I would recommend you wear armour your first time. Heck, I wear light armour every time I ride in the park.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,173
    I have leatt upper body armor, armor shorts, knee pads, full face helmet. I will wear them for sure

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by sito40 View Post
    I have leatt upper body armor, armor shorts, knee pads, full face helmet. I will wear them for sure

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Good call, better to be safe than sorry on your first rip in the park.

    BTW on the trail map they show a trail progression; follow that and work your way up as you feel comfortable.

Similar Threads

  1. Would this blue stem be too much blue on my bike?
    By shades9323 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 03:27 PM
  2. Post Your Pics of Blue Wheels on Blue Bikes......
    By SuperSlow35th in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 09:05 AM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 09:45 PM
  4. OT: blue cross blue shield AZ insurance plans
    By longhairmike in forum Arizona
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 08:17 AM
  5. Blue Pig vs Blue Pig X
    By dbblackdiamond in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 06:49 PM

Members who have read this thread: 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.