Blue Mountain- Mtbr.com

Thread: Blue Mountain

Finally!

Blue Mountain

So we will be going the 3rd week in august and wonder if there are any bike and stay packages? Also looking to rent bikes for the DH as my DH bike is a relic. I was hoping to find some sort of all in package but can't find much online other than lift prices and rental fees. Someone please school me on where I should stay. I will have 5 in my group but only 2 riders. Also looking for how the other 3 will keep busy while my youngest and I are on the trails.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    We spent a week in Blue Mountain the first week of July. We ended up renting a condo through VRBO. It was a 3 bedroom place, with a bunk bed in one room, two singles and a pull out in another, and a queen sized with ensuite in the third. Kitchen, living room, dining room, so we could eat in and not have to go to a restaurant every night. It was amazing, and cost about the same as a hotel. I can PM you a link if you'd like. It was directly across from the village. About 5 minutes of walking.

I ended up riding my trail bike for downhilling, which in hindsight I wouldn't do again. It's a decent travel bike and it handled the hills fine (I stuck to the blue level hills anyway) but it's got some squeaks and creaks it didn't before. Prices to rent bikes at the hill were steep. I stopped in at Kamikaze bikes in Collingwood (to get my wheel trued after a day of DH lol) and they rent for about $40 cheaper a day.

Lots to do around there non bike related (hiking, roller coaster, rope course, mini golf, beaches). Everything at the hill is expensive.