Blue - Final Day?- Mtbr.com
    Perpetual Hack

Blue - Final Day?

Just wondering if anybody was planning on heading to the mountain for the final day of DH fun for 2012?

Still working the phone, but so far no luck so finding somebody free so...
    Thinking of making a solo run up from Tillsonburg.

Anybody else going out to play?

michael
    Hatched in '64
    A Dirtbag since '69
    A Knomer since '07

Knolly Fugitive
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Endorphin
    Knolly Delirium

mtbr member
    when is final day?

humber river advocate
    monday
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    Just wondering if anybody was planning on heading to the mountain for the final day of DH fun for 2012?

Still working the phone, but so far no luck so finding somebody free so...
    Thinking of making a solo run up from Tillsonburg.

Anybody else going out to play?

michael
    View from the top this morning...nice day for the last ride!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blue - Final Day?-collingwood3.jpg  

Blue - Final Day?-collingwood6.jpg  

Blue - Final Day?-collingwood2.jpg  

Perpetual Hack
    and when I got up this am, the web-cams showed wet and the trail count was 0.
    Waited until 10:30 but the web-cam showed it drying up, but the trails were still closed. Ended up at Kelso - what a waste of time.
    401 was slow, access gate was backed up, line up for lift tickets was long, line up for the slow-train was long. As well there were clueless idiots walking all over the place.
    Ended up sessioning the DH jump line as it was less pain to push back up the hill then wait for the worlds slowest lift.

Should have taken the chance and headed north....but 3+ hour drive on the off chance they will open was too slim to take.

Was a great season, can't wait until next year.

michael

because everything seems to be closing a week early this year, if I pray really hard do you think they will let me ride next weekend???
    Hatched in '64
    A Dirtbag since '69
    A Knomer since '07

Knolly Fugitive
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Endorphin
    Knolly Delirium

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    and when I got up this am, the web-cams showed wet and the trail count was 0.
    Waited until 10:30 but the web-cam showed it drying up, but the trails were still closed. Ended up at Kelso - what a waste of time.
    401 was slow, access gate was backed up, line up for lift tickets was long, line up for the slow-train was long. As well there were clueless idiots walking all over the place.
    Ended up sessioning the DH jump line as it was less pain to push back up the hill then wait for the worlds slowest lift.

Should have taken the chance and headed north....but 3+ hour drive on the off chance they will open was too slim to take.

Was a great season, can't wait until next year.

michael

because everything seems to be closing a week early this year, if I pray really hard do you think they will let me ride next weekend???
    Hard to say, it's supposed to rain for the rest of the week up here. I'm packing the bikes and we're off to Holguin for a couple of weeks. I hear there's some good trails in the hills. Then off to Daytona Beach until May...just taking a couple of hybrids for Mrs. M. and me.

Stay dry...

livin' large
    I doubt Blue will open next weekend, but trail riding season is far from over! Had a blast riding Blue this year, and will definately be getting another season pass.
    it tied the room together man!

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian-clydesdale View Post
    I doubt Blue will open next weekend, but trail riding season is far from over! Had a blast riding Blue this year, and will definately be getting another season pass.
    Doesn't matter now...it started raining up here at 1:00 PM on Saturday, forecast calls for rain until noon today...I'll be riding road when it stops, maybe try the trails if they dry out a bit. Next week should be OK on the Bruce Trail across the top of Blue to Georgian Peaks...

Members who have read this thread: 0