Blessings Counted [o]- Mtbr.com
    Muskoka

Blessings Counted [o]

2013 Day 1... on the morning-after-clear-the-cobwebs ride in a decidedly reflective mood. Thinking about family, friends, and acquaintances that are ill, or otherwise troubled in one way or another. Take nothing for granted, count your blessings, each and every day! Try to enjoy, each and every day...

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...127?source=pwa

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"
    Rocky Mountain Sherpa Overland

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    BCD...again you never disappoint....with your "Canadian Style"....MTBR pics.
    Always love them.....I think I will go for a ride now....great inspiration for a new year....

Thanks!!

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Nice words and beautiful pictures. I love your dog! The shot of him with snow all over his face is great.

mtbr member
    nice pics. every time i see your pics it makes me want to pick up a fat bike

bi-winning
    Another beautiful day for a ride.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Makes me want to get a dog, and move to Muskoka.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by VVagabond View Post
    Nice words and beautiful pictures. I love your dog! The shot of him with snow all over his face is great.
    That's my favorite one too! Thanks for the kind words everybody...Happy New Year

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

sock puppet
    Very nice. Thanks BCD!

mtbr member
    BCD, You are soooo lucky!! Just noticed the fenders, are they new? Are they special fat bike fenders or the widest fenders you could find?

mtbr member
    Awesome pics as always. Nice words too. Must be the new year thing because I was thinking along similar lines as I was out yesterday as well. I was counting myself lucky to be out riding a bike in the snow in freezing temperatures. Not only that I was able to do it physically, but the fact that I could engage in a pretty frivolous or self indulgent activity just cause I felt like it. And the snow was nice and firm and the sun was out, so glorious all around!

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by langford View Post
    BCD, You are soooo lucky!! Just noticed the fenders, are they new? Are they special fat bike fenders or the widest fenders you could find?
    They are SKS Grand DAD and Grand MOM. Not sure if they are fatbike specific but they are wide enough to cover a 4" tire no problem. Yes, I got them this autumn because it was just so wet all the time.

ps- just to clarify they will fit any bike, not just a fatbike. if I was ordering again I would try to get an additional copy of the mount for the front fender which I would put on my Altitude. The front one has a quick release to remove the fender but the mount stays in the headtube and has to removed with an allen wrench. If I had the extra one I could switch both fenders between the bikes in seconds without tools.
    Last edited by BlackCanoeDog; 01-02-2013 at 01:07 PM.

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    They are SKS Grand DAD and Grand MOM. Not sure if they are fatbike specific but they are wide enough to cover a 4" tire no problem. Yes, I got them this autumn because it was just so wet all the time.

ps- just to clarify they will fit any bike, not just a fatbike. if I was ordering again I would try to get an additional copy of the mount for the front fender which I would put on my Altitude. The front one has a quick release to remove the fender but the mount stays in the headtube and has to removed with an allen wrench. If I had the extra one I could switch both fenders between the bikes in seconds without tools.
    Nice pics B don''t venture to far out on the ice yet (I know you know that).
    Quick change fenders would leave time to clean you rear cassette......just saying.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Near north View Post
    Nice pics B don''t venture to far out on the ice yet (I know you know that).
    Quick change fenders would leave time to clean you rear cassette......just saying.
    Mark, I was so tempted to ride up the middle of the lake that day, it was so fine! About 4" of virgin powder on top of the ice..perfect cruising conditions. And the temps have been getting down pretty good lately so probably would have been solid enough. But I played safe and just cruised along the shoreline.
    Yes, I should clean the cassette but it will just get dirty again! Which also explains why I drive silver cars

The Pugs is still a mess from this ride, I should have cleaned it then...

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Members who have read this thread: 0