Bikes built- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Bikes built

  1. #1
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,678

    Bikes built

    It's Done

    Picked up a 2004 Blur frame and a Fox Float rlc fork a couple of weeks ago for Mrs. M...plan was to use as many parts that i could find in the garage to put it together, and this is what happened.

    Had to buy a new seatpost (Thompson Elite), tires (Kenda Nevegal 2.0), headset (Cane Creek SC1), Shimano stainless steel cables, Shimano cable housing, Shimano chain pin (used an used chain), and threw in a new saddle (WTB speed she race).

    Rest was in the parts basket

    Thanks to Chris and his crew at Kamikaze in Collingwood for the help to make it happen

    My bike now has a baby sister
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JM01; 04-03-2006 at 11:22 AM.

  2. #2
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    stealth.
    hopefully you wife rides it...my wife is on her second and cycling is either 'boring' or 'dangerous'. probably for the best, we can't afford two addicts.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  3. #3
    right behind ya
    Reputation: Down boy down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    183

    been there - done that

    Nice bike. Built up one for my wife last year.

    Got two suggestions. 1) Remove the pedal reflectors on hers (blur) and 2) put your bike (ID) on outside as you will have to move her bike everytime you ride and hers stays in garage
    hard line, hard line, hard line after hard line

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Down boy down
    Nice bike. Built up one for my wife last year.

    Got two suggestions. 1) Remove the pedal reflectors on hers (blur) and 2) put your bike (ID) on outside as you will have to move her bike everytime you ride and hers stays in garage
    must be synergy

    1) Peddles have been replaced with the Wellgo oversize flats (the ones with those removable pins that draw blood with every ride) on saturday (same ones that are on the Id)...those old one's were the best in the garage at the time of the build

    2) We ride together most times...but that will happen when i do the more sketchy stuff up here

    the trails still covered with ice and snow in the lower sections up here...maybe 2 more weeks before we're clear
    Last edited by JM01; 04-10-2006 at 06:53 AM.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: toyota kawasaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    653
    sweet

    I hope one day to have a lady friend who likes riding bikes as much as me

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by toyota kawasaki
    sweet

    I hope one day to have a lady friend who likes riding bikes as much as me

    welcome back...looks like a great summer coming up

  7. #7
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Down boy down
    Nice bike. Built up one for my wife last year.
    Quick question...if you use a rack to transport your Epi...how does the Blur fit on it?...that shock location prevents traditional rack mounts, hanging it upside down gets it tangled up with the other bike

    i'll post this on the SC forum as well

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: toyota kawasaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    welcome back...looks like a great summer coming up
    Welcome back? I guess you remember me posting from a while ago.

    A great summer indeed, ill be participating in as many o-cup downhill and 4x races as I can, some races planned at mount chicopee, hittin up kelso and possibly blue mountain and to top it all off, me and some buds have been buildin up some dirt jumps.

    I should be a busy beaver

    provided I dont break anything; me or my bike haha

  9. #9
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by toyota kawasaki
    Welcome back? I guess you remember me posting from a while ago.

    A great summer indeed, ill be participating in as many o-cup downhill and 4x races as I can, some races planned at mount chicopee, hittin up kelso and possibly blue mountain and to top it all off, me and some buds have been buildin up some dirt jumps.

    I should be a busy beaver

    provided I dont break anything; me or my bike haha
    yep...looks like a couple of weeks before the trails around collingwood are clear...we got a few km's into the back trails on Sunday, but still lots of ice and snow in places...also, lots of trees down this year

    won't be long

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: toyota kawasaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    yep...looks like a couple of weeks before the trails around collingwood are clear...we got a few km's into the back trails on Sunday, but still lots of ice and snow in places...also, lots of trees down this year

    won't be long
    Hopefully kelso will be open relatively soon, the first o-cup race is there on may 7-8, and Ive never actually been there and Id like to get some time in before the race.

    I know ill get smoked, but the riding is fun regardless.

    Sorry for kinda hi-jacking your thread

  11. #11
    Space for rent...
    Reputation: SSteve F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by toyota kawasaki
    Hopefully kelso will be open relatively soon, the first o-cup race is there on may 7-8, and Ive never actually been there and Id like to get some time in before the race.

    I know ill get smoked, but the riding is fun regardless.

    Sorry for kinda hi-jacking your thread
    The Kelso website says they hope to open by mid-April. Fingers crossed.......
    It's only pain......

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    487
    Hey if you are in the mood for a drive, London has a few trails, fanshawe lake and Bolar mountain are not bad for a day trip.
    Yes its retro but IT WORKS!

    8 Speed is great and V-Brakes rock!

    Ex-wrench...have a Question just ask!

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,678
    you're right...a change is always nice

    maybe later this year, i don't keep any MTB's in Toronto, just a couple of commuters...all of our bigger bikes are up in Collingwood so i'll have to plan ahead

    lets see what happens this summer

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.