BikeRoom fails again- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

No good BikeRoom fails again

So I'm leaving for Bromont @ 7am tomorrow and the replacement XL armour has not arrived. Surprised? Glad I kept the repaired L cause now it's all I've got. I gues I'll just have to kerb my beer and poutine intake to ensure I can squeeze into it without ripping it like the unlucky guy who had it before me. These fcuking guys are unbelievable with their false promises and lame quality control. Booooo.

Mar 2004
    Sorry to hear that dude. We certainly need some canadians quality online retailers. Put aside their 'wonderful' reputation I've learned on this board I don't find their price particularly attractive. In the mean time I'll stick with pricepoint and supergo.

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    at least enjoy ur trip mang... can't say I'm surprised though, unfortunately that is just the way they run the show over there...
    I Ride, I Know

Jun 2004
    i've ordered twice from bikeroom. the first time they gave me a bogus tracking number. the second time my stuff hadn't arrived in over a week so i called them to ask what was going on, and they immediately shipped my stuff as soon as i called them using nex-day air delivery. kinda weird.

regarding ordering from the US, do we have to pay taxes when goods come over the border?

some kind of hero...
    Quote Originally Posted by dinger
    i've ordered twice from bikeroom. the first time they gave me a bogus tracking number. the second time my stuff hadn't arrived in over a week so i called them to ask what was going on, and they immediately shipped my stuff as soon as i called them using nex-day air delivery. kinda weird.

regarding ordering from the US, do we have to pay taxes when goods come over the border?
    Yup. Both taxes. Plus Brokerage fees. US Postal is the only way to go. Flat rate $5 brokerage plus taxes. Couriers are minimum $25 brokerage plus taxes. Under $25 there shouldn't be taxes. Sometimes things slip through without taxes... Feel lucky?

Usually there is no duty...

Cheers
    GEVELTERSCHMIDT RACING

mtbr member

Nice to live near the border!

That's why it's great living 2 minutes away from the Rainbow Bridge. There's a place in Niagara Falls New York that allows you to have anything shipped there for a flat rate of $5. Then you can bring it across the border and OF COURSE, declare the full value and pay the appropriate taxes

Actually I'm pretty honest coming across with stuff and the border guys are really good about it. I've never had to pay for anything under $100 US in value.

Cheers!
    Dan

They say I have a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by ddakin
    That's why it's great living 2 minutes away from the Rainbow Bridge. There's a place in Niagara Falls New York that allows you to have anything shipped there for a flat rate of $5. Then you can bring it across the border and OF COURSE, declare the full value and pay the appropriate taxes

Actually I'm pretty honest coming across with stuff and the border guys are really good about it. I've never had to pay for anything under $100 US in value.

Cheers!
    Dan
    Where is this place??

My wife has family in Niagara on the Lake and I'm sure a quick jaunt across the border before visiting them would work just fine...

Rich
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"

mtbr member

US Place

Hey Rich. The place is almost directly across the Whirlpool Bridge, which unfortunately is now closed. The address is 2315 Whirlpool Street.

Your best bet is to go across the Rainbow Bridge, then head down Whirlpool toward Lewiston. Can Am is on the right side of the road just past the entrance to the Whirlpool Bridge.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by rbart4506
    Where is this place??

My wife has family in Niagara on the Lake and I'm sure a quick jaunt across the border before visiting them would work just fine...

Rich