BikeRoom. com comes through.- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

BikeRoom. com comes through.

Big ups to whoever sent them a link from my previous thread, thanks, cause they got it. The now repaired Assault Suit will be sent back to them (repair cost refunded to me, $10) upon my receipt of an XL Suit, brand new, not torn, a size that fits me, and at no xtra cost to me. It should arrive by wed am. David sorted it out, but I have to admit that I did not hound them too much about it, since my awesome local tailor fixed the Suit up in a half an hour for $10. Now everyones happy, yay. Best part is that David asked how it fit and I told him, and he suggested a new Suit at his expense. I was willing to use the one I had fixed and be done with it. Good for BikeRoom!
    Gabe

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    wednsday u say???
    I Ride, I Know

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Quote Originally Posted by lambhead
    Big ups to whoever sent them a link from my previous thread, thanks, cause they got it. The now repaired Assault Suit will be sent back to them (repair cost refunded to me, $10) upon my receipt of an XL Suit, brand new, not torn, a size that fits me, and at no xtra cost to me. It should arrive by wed am. David sorted it out, but I have to admit that I did not hound them too much about it, since my awesome local tailor fixed the Suit up in a half an hour for $10. Now everyones happy, yay. Best part is that David asked how it fit and I told him, and he suggested a new Suit at his expense. I was willing to use the one I had fixed and be done with it. Good for BikeRoom!
    Gabe
    I'm glad to hear that things have *potentially* worked-out with Dave @ BR....but, I'll believe it when you post here on Wed after receiving your new suit. Sorry for the pessimism, but Dave has told me stories like this, too. When my order started to go bad, I tried countless times to sort things-out with Dave...emails and calls went unanswered, etc. It wasn't until I decided to cancel my order that the replies started to come in. But, little too late Dave...damage had been done.
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com

Mar 2004

That's why I'm holding on to the 1st suit.

Until I have the new one I'm happy Dave wants to fix things but as you say, I'll believe it when I see it. As someone who's spent thousands on bikes and bike gear, I have little faith in companies with poor quality control. My money is good, their stuff should be as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1speed_Mike
    I'm glad to hear that things have *potentially* worked-out with Dave @ BR....but, I'll believe it when you post here on Wed after receiving your new suit. Sorry for the pessimism, but Dave has told me stories like this, too. When my order started to go bad, I tried countless times to sort things-out with Dave...emails and calls went unanswered, etc. It wasn't until I decided to cancel my order that the replies started to come in. But, little too late Dave...damage had been done.

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    Mike, I'm sure we could share some stories bud Greyhound buses, overnite UPS, etc
    I Ride, I Know

mtbr member

You're giving me bad flashbacks

...Greyhound buses, oh no, the old feelings are coming back...Do you know how many times I called greyhound looking for my packages? and then to find out they were actually not shipped? man, it's been over a year now, and I'm still shaking my head.

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    sue me
    having the greyhound depot right by my work, I even walked over there a couple of times looking for my frame, hoping, praying it's there on the next bus from BC.. NOT.....
    got it two.5 weeks later though via UPS
    I Ride, I Know

Oct 2004
    BikeRoom screwed me over earlier this year when I tried to get some XT rotors from them. THey said they had shipped them so I waited for 4 weeks calling them all the time trying to find out what was up - never getting someone on the line. Finally I e-mailed them telling them that I was going to involve my credit card company and they got back to me saying they were in the midst of a move (I guess they didn't move the credit card machine they used to charge my card :roll: ) Finally I just called my credit card company and they had it out with them, i got my money back and ordered from AEbike.com in Michigan. They've been amazing so far and ship USPS so no brokerage I highly recommend them for those small/hard to find parts.