Bike stores in London ON area?- Mtbr.com
    DaBomb Molotov rider

Bike stores in London ON area?

Any good stores to recommend, or to stay away from in the London ON area? I've checked out All Seasons (Specialized), CyclePath (Kona/Brodie), To Wheels (Norco/Giant), and First Cycleworks (Norco). Any good or bad experiences I should know about?
    Cheers!

DaBomb Molotov rider
    Quote Originally Posted by londonlad
    Any good stores to recommend, or to stay away from in the London ON area? I've checked out All Seasons (Specialized), CyclePath (Kona/Brodie), To Wheels (Norco/Giant), and First Cycleworks (Norco). Any good or bad experiences I should know about?
    Cheers!
    I should also have mentioned: Reynolds (Trek).

Aug 2004
    Cheers!
    spotty shops in londonland...
    Cyclepath (also have rocky mtn: crappy customer service, newbie mechs, don't know how to fix, just replace. had a fycked rim, took it there to see if they could straighten it or replace it and rebuild the wheel. they said they would sell me a sun/deore for 160$, said i didn't need a new hub, they said they'd take my casette off the old wheel and put it on the new one to save money. no fycking kidding... i told them i wasn't going to buy a new cassette anyways. dumbasses...
    To Wheels (also have rocky mtn): shady pricing, ordered a blackspire bashguard, the guy says 39.99, i go back a month later (they said they'd call in a week, never heard) asked if he had it in, he did, so he went to the cash and it ended up costing like 52 bucks, which i didn't have, so i didn't get it.
    All Seasons: expensive
    FirstCycleworks: good, but hard to get to
    Racer Sportif: roadies and fishers, not much selection of mtb components, but the best mechs in town.

mtbr member
    Cheers!
    Why dont you use MEC for the parts they do carry? Great service & pricing....

DaBomb Molotov rider

Mec?

Quote Originally Posted by macming
    Why dont you use MEC for the parts they do carry? Great service & pricing....
    Pardon my ignorance, but what's MEC?

mtbr member
    Pardon my ignorance, but what's MEC?
    Mountain Coop Equipment. One of the best Canadian online bike stores

http://www.mec.ca

Jan 2004
    I know I'm late coming to the table on this, but London has some iffy bike shops. I'm actually running out of places I'll buy from anymore. Here is my experiences with some shops so far;

Had a terrible experience with All Season's a couple of years ago with a bike I bought and swore to never go back, and I haven't. I think we mutually promised each other to never do business again.

Had a bad service experience at To Wheels, and swore never to go back. Have bought many bikes off of them over the years but no more. They a$$es left a bearing out of my hub rebuild. Never phone me back to let me know service work was done. Never phone me back after they say they'll price me a part. The kind of consistently sloppy service you wonder how they manage to stay open???

Cyclepath I've only had positive experience with - will definitely do business there again! Have always been quick and fair with me, what more could you ask for?

Missing Link - I'm still waiting for the seatpost the owner promised me - back in Aug 2003! He should be a politician the way he lied to me. I will never, ever go back there. Ever. Never.

Reynolds - seems like an OK shop but not enough experience to say yeah or nay yet. They have the benefit of being HUGE! Biggest showroom in SW Ontario I believe. Sponsor local racers, you get the idea.

First City - goofy location but the dude knows his stuff.

DaBomb Molotov rider
    My experiences so far:
    * All Seasons (Specialized/KHS/Cannondale) - the guys there know their stuff, and love bikes, great to talk to. For the work my bike needed, their prices were considerably more expensive however.
    * CyclePath (Kona/Brodie/Haro) - OK, mainly geared to Kona riders.
    * To Wheels (Norco/Giant/Trek) - large staff, with a bunch of young enthusiastic guys, including a pro DH/4X racer. They now have a separate room upstairs just for FR bikes. I was very pleased with the service I got, and highly recommend them. Their downtown location does have a disadvantage: you need to pay for parking.
    * First Cycleworks (Norco) - once you warm up to the owner, you'll find he is very knowledgeable and a good mechanic. Location is out of the way (north east end of the city). Not as big as some of the other stores, but good Norco selection.
    * Reynolds (Trek) - great selection, very friendly staff, but more geared to roadies and XC. If you need help with FR or urban bikes, look elsewhere.