Bike Show- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bike Show

X-Ray Guy

Bike Show

Anybody going? gone?

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    No. I was unimpressed when I went a couple of years ago. Mostly road stuff. Some blowouts, but if you know what you want, you could just call around or visit websites to see if there are any 2017s left in your size.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I went Friday. It was just ‘ok’. Definitely more road/tri than mountain. I was going for shorts and jersey, and got them less than 1/2 off. And I hadn’t been for a few years. Won’t go back for another few years.

X-Ray Guy
    I tend to go more just to look around at the exhibitor displays and watch some competitions going on. Always gandering at the fat bikes or any good deals I cant pass on.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    I tend to go more just to look around at the exhibitor displays and watch some competitions going on. Always gandering at the fat bikes or any good deals I cant pass on.
    I did notice some fat bikes. Prices seemed good...with the little I know about their pricing

9 lives
    We haven't attended the bike show the last 3 years. I used to like watching the BMX riders. In 2015 (the last year I went) I also got to meet trials rider Trevor Bodogh but it looks like his show this year is cancelled due to injury.

The older shows had less emphasis on retail clearance items and were more focused on new products. I miss that so now I browse and shop more online.
    Last edited by cyclelicious; 03-04-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

X-Ray Guy
    Yeh just got back and that was probably the worst show I've gone to. Everything I was excited for was a let down. It was an E bike show basically. I was looking forward to the specialized manufacturer booth....all e bikes. I wanted to see the new epic and Enduro line and other specialized bikes I don't usually see. The Shimano booth...all e bikes. Not many good deals...not a lot of selection. Lots of Strava demos setup.

Attendance seemed lack lustre....place felt empty. I heard a few booths saying they hoped today would be busier than yesterday.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Hmmm. Thanks for the report. Sounds like the even needs a complete re-boot.

X-Ray Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamfromCanada View Post
    Hmmm. Thanks for the report. Sounds like the even needs a complete re-boot.
    Ill still probably do the fall show for pure bike sales action but spring show might be a pass for a few years unless something changes

mtbr member
    It was an E bike show basically.
    I was actually planning to go until I heard this nasty rumour.

I'm now glad I didn't risk self-harm by showing up.

2018... might be a good year to start jogging again.
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

9 lives
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post

2018... might be a good year to start jogging again.
    LOL It's never too late to start.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

X-Ray Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Start now before e jogging catches on

9 lives
    Start now before e jogging catches on

Bike Show-oanzlyh.jpg

https://www.maxim.com/gear/most-high...neakers-2017-2

We're almost there

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Taking up running would indeed be a healthier lifestyle choice than say....

... going to the bike show and hanging myself in front of the sign that said "Busier Lives Need Faster E-Bikes!"
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

mtbr member
    The bike show has not had much to offer for MTB unless you luck out on some blow out. I got a great deal on a 26er shock for the dirt jumper a few years back, but haven't gone in a while. I got to meet Ryan Leech and have a nice talk with him years back. Trevor Bodogh has been riding with the Cirque Du Soleil last I heard. He used to come out to a few trials outings at Port Credit and the Beaches. Like it was stated above, if you need something specific, you can probably find it locally or on the internet with a little digging.
    Burnt Norton

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I went this year after not going for a while. Most vendors no longer carry bike parts I guess cause there were very few parts road / mtn to purchase. I was looking at building a road bike but even parts for that was slim pickings. You couldn't even find a decent helmet.

Looks like I'll be online shopping from now on.
    "By Your Command"

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I usually go every year just for the day out with the wife and a friend or two. I've been every year for the past five or so, but I might just skip next year.

This was the worst I've seen it for MTB. It's always been roadie heavy, and as mentioned above, it was mostly eBikes this year. I was surprised at how little selection there was for mountain bikes.

The past couple of years, there's been a lot of fatbikes, and although there were still some, there was much less than previous years. I know the fatbike market got saturated pretty quickly, but now it's eBikes turn - so many ebikes! Somewhat aggressive sales guys getting offensive telling me "at your age, you should be thinking about an ebike!" I'm 44 and still plenty fast thank you.

I bought a new pair or downhill shorts and a fox shirt at a good price - but couldn't find a dirt jumper anywhere, and little else to look at. Even the Trek booth, where I scored a Fuel 9 years back at over 50% discount was small and full of ebikes.

So yeah, I think I'll give it a miss next year.

It's just not for MTB.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I was planning on going, wanted to look at some cx bikes and of course mtn bikes (to just touch and feel) but plans changed and now I'm glad I didn't go - as Ghettocruiser said above, going and hanging oneself in front of the sign that said Busier Lives need faster e-bikes... that would have been me as well.

On that note - seems Washington State has passed the law on e-bikes on trails and pavement, worth a read!

http://https://www.evergreenmtb.org/...nate-and-house

They are presently not permitted in Durham Forest with that being passed in the States wonder if it will solidify the minds of the powers that be here?
    Somewhere lost in the Bush!