Bike shops in TO - which ones are good ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Bike shops in TO - which ones are good ?

I'm coming to Toronto for a day and will be riding around the "downtown" area on my bike. I'm planing on going to Duke's - are there any other shops I "must' hit ?

Thanks,

Rob
    "Atomic batteries to power. Turbines to speed."

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    cyclesolutions has some nice eyecandy.... never bought anything from them though...
    they're on parliment
    I Ride, I Know

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

shops

If you're going to Dukes, Mountain Equipment Co-op (mec.ca) isn't far away and they have a nice selection of clothing and accessories for good prices.

There are 2 shops on Bloor West (Broadway & Cyclepath) and 2 on the Danforth called Trail Blazer Cycles and another Cyclepath.

Jan 2004

Peddlar's is ok....

Try Peddlar's Cycle on Avenue Road north of Davenport. I haven't bought a ride there, but they have good service, and if the pricing on clothes and lighting is any indication, they should be competitive.
    MEC is good too! Good prices on accessories and clothes.

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by noonievut
    I

There are 2 shops on Bloor West (Broadway & Cyclepath) and 2 on the Danforth called Trail Blazer Cycles and another Cyclepath.

I'd definitely second the Trail Blazers rec. For clothing Sporting Life Bikes & Boards on Yonge north of Eglinton is excellent.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

... and if we just ... Sporting Life

I'd be cautious about using Sporting Life for service on your bike. I've taken my bike in before and asked for some things to be fixed, only to find they weren't.

Further, I recently took a frame back for warranty replacement and it appears they've lost my frame. The manufacturer has no record of receiving it, and Sport Life has lost the paperwork... I'll follow-up with post once and if this one is resolved.

Another option is Silent Sports on Doncaster. I bought a Blur from them and they were awesome to deal with.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Good job!

I love cycle solutions, buy all my parts there

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy
    I'd be cautious about using Sporting Life for service on your bike. I've taken my bike in before and asked for some things to be fixed, only to find they weren't.

Further, I recently took a frame back for warranty replacement and it appears they've lost my frame. The manufacturer has no record of receiving it, and Sport Life has lost the paperwork... I'll follow-up with post once and if this one is resolved.

Another option is Silent Sports on Doncaster. I bought a Blur from them and they were awesome to deal with.
    Sports Swap on Yonge are really good for repairs. I know what you are saying about Sporting Life's service. It can be sketchy. I've had very good and not so good repairs there so I tend to use other shops now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Good job! SportingLife

To follow-up my previous post regarding Sporting Life, they fixed my problem. It turns out the Manufacturer lost my frame. That said, the Store Manager resolved my problem within 36 hours of getting wind of my problem.

One great point regarding Sporting Life is they will work to address your problem until your satisfied. I can't say this about some other shops in Toronto.