Bike Rental In Newfoundland??- Mtbr.com
    Dirt Whore

Bike Rental In Newfoundland??

Headed to Gander for a week for a visit to the inlaws and I am looking for a place to rent a Roadie, i have a race the week after i get back so i want to stay fit while I am gone.

Anyone have any sugestions? I dont want to deal with the hassel of flying a MTB out.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

If you want to ride you ....

better take you bike with you. No rental places I'm am aware of, the only place you can buy a bike in Gander:
    - Canadian Tire
    - Walmart
    - Sport Goods store in Frazer Mall (sp) - just few, mostly entry level bikes

If you want to rent you will have to go to St. Johns or Corner Brook.

I can set you up with my road bike (1998 Norco Turbine 56 cm) but you have to be in Gander before July 15th.
    Last edited by jaryr; 07-07-2005 at 03:55 PM.

Dirt Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by jaryr
    better take you bike with you. No rental places I'm am aware of, the only place you can buy a bike in Gander:
    - Canadian Tire
    - Walmart
    - Sport Goods store in Frazer Mall (sp) - just few, mostly entry level bikes

If you want to rent you will have to go to St. Johns or Corner Brook.

I can set you up with my road bike (1998 Norco Turbine 56 cm) but you have to be in Gander before July 15th.

I appreciate the offer, but I will not be in gander until the 16th, I am still tossing around the idea of bringing the bike, we will be flying into St Johns on the 15th and spending the night. I ll do a search on the internet but if you have any places to recommend in St johns that would be great. It is going to cost 80 U.S. Dollars each way to bring my bike, and shipping is not an option for me since I do not want to be without the bike for long.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I don't know of any rental places in NL, I just moved here (Lewisporte) last fall. Why don't you try to call some bike stores in St. Johns, they may know some rental places. Canary Cycle is located on Water St. in downtown St. Johns, looks like they are very good, they could help.

Hurtin'
    Jul 2005
    Canary Cycles rents bikes - hourly, daily, weekly, etc.

Great store w/ good staff located downtown St. John's.

Its where I got my bike

www.canarycycles.nfnet.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock05
    Canary Cycles rents bikes - hourly, daily, weekly, etc.
    Great store w/ good staff located downtown St. John's.
    Its where I got my bike
    www.canarycycles.nfnet.com
    I have to agree 100%, they worked on my bike couple months ago and did very good job. I didn't know they are in bike rental.

Hardrocko5, do you know of any good trials (single track) in 1 - 2 hours drive from Gander? I have a hard time to find anything good, most of the trails I was directed to are just double track. Do you know if there are any mtb trails in Terra Nova park?

Hurtin'
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaryr
    I have to agree 100%, they worked on my bike couple months ago and did very good job. I didn't know they are in bike rental.

Hardrocko5, do you know of any good trials (single track) in 1 - 2 hours drive from Gander? I have a hard time to find anything good, most of the trails I was directed to are just double track. Do you know if there are any mtb trails in Terra Nova park?
    I'm pretty new to the scene and I had a little trouble finding trails in the St. John's area. One website you can check out is www.trailheadz.com. Maybe make a post on the subject there and see if there are any Gander/Central riders in the forum.

If your ever in town, I know a couple decent trails. Richmond Hill has some good single track and down hill, and Kenmount hill is also a decent trail.

Shane.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thanks Shane. This Friday I'm heading back to Toronto for couple of months and I cannot wait till I will be able to hit trails in Durham Forest, Mansfield, Kelso, 8th Line etc. Riding in St. Johns area is an option, but I can not do it very often. In my case it is 4 hours drive one way. Will be back in mid of September and then will try to arrange one weekend for a trip to St. Johns and if you will be available to show me some trails I will appreciate that very much

Will post some questions on the trailheadz.com forum and hopefully will be able to find some single track trails in my area.