Bike Parts from EU - Tax or not to Canada?- Mtbr.com
    ●●●●●●●●◌◌

Bike Parts from EU - Tax or not to Canada?

I realize this forum is aimed at Canadian riding, but I have a Canada-specific question about parts shipments.

I've been finding crazy low prices on some stuff at a German online retailer and they ship via DHL which ultimately arrives via Canada post. Don't know the DHL service type, but it takes 2 weeks, so not an express option.

Ordered pedals, no tax or duty collected. (Sweet!)
    Ordered a cassette, no tax or duty.
    Ordered some tires, and Canada Post collected tax and applied a "handling charge". Huh?

Can anyone explain the difference?

mtbr member
    It can be hit and miss for Europe. From the US they are pretty good at catching it all the time. I know lots of people who have avoided taxes/duties on their Chain Reaction shipments, and other times got taxed in full. A lot of time I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to it. Standard Canada post often charges an $8 brokerage fee. UPS ground will charge you a $30-35 brokerage fee unless you upgrade to their next fastest service. Its usually never worth it to ship UPS ground when you factor in their ridiculous brokerage, however their faster service is usually pretty quick and reliable. Can't say much for DHL, I avoid that company like the plague. They tried to charge me $20 in fees on a replacement computer keyboard coming from the manufacturer. I just ignored their letters and they disappeared, aha.

mtbr member
    Entirely dependent on the mood of the customs inspectors, sort of like driving back from Buffalo.

Stuff around the Christmas rush almost never gets dinged.
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

mtbr member
    Firstly I don't mind paying sales tax it's the brokerage fees that bug me.
    You are going to pay sales tax if you buy here so to me it's the same, Canada post almost never charges for anything under $50.
    DHL usually goes through customs Canada then goes to Canada Post, I have bought from Germany this year and I paid HST plus $5 handling fee but saved hundreds over all.(not biking stuff).

Care to share the on-line retailer?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    The handling fee is to do the paperwork, and also a bond fee for Canada Post paying your customs fees up front for you to get it through customs, in the expectation that you will then pay them back for it.

It used to be $5 or so with Canada Post, but recently it's been around $8 for me.

I've gotten some CRC orders without tax, but most get charged.

I like how Jenson does all the customs clearance work ahead of time for FREE, so you don't get hit with any brokerage charges.

mtbr member
    I don't have a problem with handling fees 5 or 8 either.

I also liked that Jenson did the Canadian shipping all included but have found that their prices plus shipping are not as good as CRC

●●●●●●●●◌◌
    Quote Originally Posted by Near north View Post
    Care to share the on-line retailer?
    I'm not here to promote them, but it was bike24. (Select Canada as your locale to see non-VAT prices.)

What initially sent me to that shop was some XTR (M985 Trail) pedals. A Canadian online shop shows them at 289 CAD. Jenson was 199 USD (~191 CAD). You'd add shipping and tax to both of those prices.

The German shop was 83.95 EUR (123.30 CAD), and as it turned out there was no tax on that one via Canada Post.

Weird that there can be that much difference.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    I realize this forum is aimed at Canadian riding, but I have a Canada-specific question about parts shipments.

I've been finding crazy low prices on some stuff at a German online retailer and they ship via DHL which ultimately arrives via Canada post. Don't know the DHL service type, but it takes 2 weeks, so not an express option.

Ordered pedals, no tax or duty collected. (Sweet!)
    Ordered a cassette, no tax or duty.
    Ordered some tires, and Canada Post collected tax and applied a "handling charge". Huh?

Can anyone explain the difference?
    Yes, I have bought probably 10,000 + worth of bike parts from the US this year building bikes for friends and their friends. It is not dependent on the mood of the customs agent the biggest factor is how it is labelled, you provide the proper paperwork and what service you use.

It has to be labeled intelligently ie: bike parts (brakes) or bike parts (wheelset) if it has no custom forms at all and just a value, you are just screwing yourself as if there is no documentation with the package, the customs agent has to open it up look at it and judge what it is and tax it on what they think it is, and they don't look kindly on undocumented packages or packages labeled "gift" with no value.

There are categories that they look up, "Bike Parts" is category under NAFTA and no matter where it was made is not subject to any duty charges from the Government. Entire bikes are subject to custom duties so if the agent puts it in the wrong category you get charged duty.

If there is proper documentation from the sender with the proper label then there is almost never any problem and the most you get taxed is the normal HST. JensonUSA is great with this as I order parts by 8:00pm eastern time and they will be at my door 9:00 am the next morning using UPS worldwide saver and never any other fees as you pay the HST to Jenson.

Any ground services (fed-ex,UPS) will charge you brokerage fees, which you want to avoid. Shipping Canada post is the exception of course.

Bottom line is, don't use any "ground" services and make sure it is properly documented and you will not have any problems buying outside Canada.

Hack Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    I'm not here to promote them, but it was bike24. (Select Canada as your locale to see non-VAT prices.)

What initially sent me to that shop was some XTR (M985 Trail) pedals. A Canadian online shop shows them at 289 CAD. Jenson was 199 USD (~191 CAD). You'd add shipping and tax to both of those prices.

The German shop was 83.95 EUR (123.30 CAD), and as it turned out there was no tax on that one via Canada Post.

Weird that there can be that much difference.
    but bike24 charges you 19.95 EUR to ship to canada... that is usually not worth it anymore.

namagomi
    HST and duty(typically none for many bicycle components) should always be collected.

You should not be paying VAT. Make sure Canada customs charges you on the properly converted amount since some agents see it's coming from a euro zone and convert an already converted price and then tax you on that amount!

The difference is the probably in the amount the items cost or the size.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    HST and duty(typically none for many bicycle components) should always be collected.
    HST "should" be collected on everything over 20 bucks technically, but you do have a chance of getting lucky and not getting charged. Typically through canada post but I would not count on it.

If you ever do get charged more than hst for any bike parts you can appeal the decision with customs Canada and fill out the proper forms, because no bike parts should have tax over hst, that does not include brokerage, handling, or any thing that is a fee and not a tax.

Reason for the differences in the op's experience is documentation. A receipt is not documentation for customs. Customs forms can be filled out at any post office or fed-ex/ ups etc...usually online dealers don't fill these out because then they would have to pay taxes to the canada government if they were found to be selling a lot of product.

●●●●●●●●◌◌
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheers! View Post
    but bike24 charges you 19.95 EUR to ship to canada... that is usually not worth it anymore.
    Even with the 19.95 EUR (27.50 CAD) shipping, Jenson isn't close:

Total cost was 123.30 pedals + 27.50 shiping = 150.80 CAD.

Jenson price is 199 + 25.87 tax + 20.51 shipping = 245.38 USD or about 235 CAD

Now, I'll give you that the Jenson shipment arrives in 1 or 2 days, but I'll wait a couple of weeks to save $85.

mtbr member
    The last two shipments I received from Uhlmann both correctly documented 5 copies of the export papers in a pouch on the outside. one was, on wasn't, I wish they could have reversed them 1 was 450 EUR 1 was 1200 EUR they missed the 450 go figure

sock puppet

agreed...

JensonUSA is great if you need a quick delivery, but can not compete with CRC.

Just received an order from CRC - all SIS nutrition stuff - 5 jugs in a big box. Paid HST - no duties or shipping at all.

Saved 40% over Canadian pricing...

No wonder that brick and mortar shops are complaining, even petitioning against CRC, but as much as I would want to support LBS - sorry - the difference in price just does not justify it.

eBay is another great source, if you know what you are doing...

Quote Originally Posted by Near north View Post
    I don't have a problem with handling fees 5 or 8 either.

I also liked that Jenson did the Canadian shipping all included but have found that their prices plus shipping are not as good as CRC

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    JensonUSA is great if you need a quick delivery, but can not compete with CRC.

Just received an order from CRC - all SIS nutrition stuff - 5 jugs in a big box. Paid HST - no duties or shipping at all.

Saved 40% over Canadian pricing...

No wonder that brick and mortar shops are complaining, even petitioning against CRC, but as much as I would want to support LBS - sorry - the difference in price just does not justify it.

eBay is another great source, if you know what you are doing...
    Pinkbike is another good resource for buying stuff as well. As long as you watch out for those people trying to sell Rocky Mountain Vertex frames for 50 bucks more than retail

Also I heard CRC has a pretty bad return policy if anything is damaged in shipping. Certain things are cheaper on both sites, just have to shop around. Jenson, Performace bike and Nashbar are great for those who have an American mailing address as they also offer free shipping and then you start saving some real dough.

One thing is for sure, it will be cheaper than your LBS most of the time.

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    Pinkbike is another good resource for buying stuff as well. As long as you watch out for those people trying to sell Rocky Mountain Vertex frames for 50 bucks more than retail

Also I heard CRC has a pretty bad return policy if anything is damaged in shipping. Certain things are cheaper on both sites, just have to shop around. Jenson, Performace bike and Nashbar are great for those who have an American mailing address as they also offer free shipping and then you start saving some real dough.

One thing is for sure, it will be cheaper than your LBS most of the time.
    Yup, CRC has a great return policy that you'll likely never be able to use...(they shipped me a part worth more than i paid and then didn't issue me a RMA)

Jenson is quick, but they're using fedex to canada.

Price point. performance, and nashbar all use typically UPS to Canada - So watch out you'll end up with their outrageous brokerage charges which have been known to exceed the value of your small goods!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Jenson is quick, but they're using fedex to canada.

!
    Nope, they use UPS worldwide saver. I think they used to use Fed Ex couple years ago maybe, but now they have worked out everything with UPS so there are no extra charges. Also out of all the UPS services, UPS ground is the only one that does the brokerage charges.

namagomi
    Nope, they use UPS worldwide saver. I think they used to use Fed Ex couple years ago maybe, but now they have worked out everything with UPS so there are no extra charges. Also out of all the UPS services, UPS ground is the only one that does the brokerage charges.
    Well, that doesn't explain why Jenson sent my packages in my hand via fedex.

UPS ground is a problem and from what i've heard people are still getting dinged $50 to have UPS clear their packages. UPS ground service is normally what is used by the mentioned companies when they simply specify "UPS".

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Well, that doesn't explain why Jenson sent my packages in my hand via fedex.
    Well when I talked to them in the store they told me they don't use Fed Ex anymore and it's exclusively UPS worldwide saver to Canada, as they worked out a deal with UPS so there are no extra charges. I haven't seen a shipment yet that contradicts this, but anything is possible.

Also Nashbar and Performance bike use USPS to Canada, Nashbar doesn't even give another option except USPS.

namagomi
    Well when I talked to them in the store they told me they don't use Fed Ex anymore and it's exclusively UPS worldwide saver to Canada, as they worked out a deal with UPS so there are no extra charges. I haven't seen a shipment yet that contradicts this, but anything is possible.

Also Nashbar and Performance bike use USPS to Canada, Nashbar doesn't even give another option except USPS.
    Er, ok. that change at Jenson must have just happened a week or so ago. I've never purchased off Nasbar due to their exceptional ability to allow your creditcard information to fall into the wrong hands so i can't confirm what you're saying about usps.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Er, ok. that change at Jenson must have just happened a week or so ago. I've never purchased off Nasbar due to their exceptional ability to allow your creditcard information to fall into the wrong hands so i can't confirm what you're saying about usps.
    Nope going on 2 years or so...You can call JensonUSA up and ask them if you want. What did you order? What Fed Ex service tier did they use? You use a CC to pay? Seems strange.

namagomi
    Nope going on 2 years or so...You can call JensonUSA up and ask them if you want. What did you order? What Fed Ex service tier did they use? You use a CC to pay? Seems strange.
    A bunch of stuff, Fedex Priority international or something, 2-3 day airmail - It was the only option.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    A bunch of stuff, Fedex Priority international or something, 2-3 day airmail - It was the only option.
    Just called JensonUSA and asked, they said absolutely no way they ship Fed ex as Fed ex doesn't even come to the building. Their contract is exclusively with UPS for the year.

I was interested as I would prefer Fed Ex if they offered it, but they don't.

namagomi
    Just called JensonUSA and asked, they said absolutely no way they ship Fed ex as Fed ex doesn't even come to the building. Their contract is exclusively with UPS for the year.

I was interested as I would prefer Fed Ex if they offered it, but they don't.
    They shipped it not a month ago via Fedex, international priority service, from rialto, CA.

I have the tracking number still!

END OF STORY.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    They shipped it not a month ago via Fedex, international priority service, from rialto, CA.

Would not of been jensonusa then, as they ship from their main warehouse in Riverside,CA or the actual store in Corona,CA.

mtbr member
    Would not of been jensonusa then, as they ship from their main warehouse in Riverside,CA or the actual store in Corona,CA.
    I don't have the documentation and hate to agree with electrik , but I definitely recall having to pick up my Yeti frame from the Fedex depot late July last year. (and my brother in-law is upper management at Fed-Ex, so I'm not allowed to confuse the it with UPS)

I'm not sure of the current situation, but they were shipping via fedex at some point (even if only a few days past a year ago)

sock puppet
    the information on JensonUSA site says that they use UPS to ship to Canada. I know that they used FedEX in the past, as I have received many a shipment from them. However, I have not ordered anything recently to be delivered to my Canadian address - so can not confirm either way.

Going by their website - it is UPS.

http://www.jensonusa.com/help_desk/international.aspx

Hate to agree with the Animator character - but it is what it is....

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Well, I order a lot of stuff from JensonUSA and talk to them a lot so when someone says they use Fed Ex (which I wish they would) I knew they were full of it.

I see a lot of wrong info on here, but you see how black and white this topic is and it still became a back and forth. If anyone actually wanted the truth, they could call JensonUSA and ask them directly or at the very least look on their website.

mtbr member
    So, just out of curiosity, I went back and checked my account at Jenson (July 19th of last year was my last order through them).

Here is my account info. They say right there it was shipped via UPS. Click the tracking number, it takes you to a FedEx site.

No idea what is currently happening, but as of a year ago, seems Jenson didn't know the difference between UPS and FedEx.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bike Parts from EU - Tax or not to Canada?-jenson1.png  

Bike Parts from EU - Tax or not to Canada?-jenson2.png  

mtbr member
    The fedex shipments are likely coming straight from the manufacturer...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    They use to use Fed Ex awhile ago, this has been stated many times. Also how you had a yeti frame shipped to Canada is strange, as Yeti does not allow this. Anyway for the sake of clarity and not muddying the waters to an intangible level:

They don't use Fed Ex anymore, they use UPS Worldwide saver only as they have an exclusive contract with UPS...accept it..move on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rkand View Post
    The fedex shipments are likely coming straight from the manufacturer...
    I could see that if I only ordered the YETI frame, but I also got an Easton bar on the same order. Unless YETI had stock, packed and shipped a random bar for Jenson.

mtbr member
    They use to use Fed Ex awhile ago, this has been stated many times. Also how you had a yeti frame shipped to Canada is strange, as Yeti does not allow this. Anyway for the sake of clarity and not muddying the waters to an intangible level:

They don't use Fed Ex anymore, they use UPS Worldwide saver only as they have an exclusive contract with UPS...accept it..move on.
    I personally know a few people who have had YETI frames shipped to Canada, more than a couple from this board. I guess we are all just lucky.

You just said in a previous post that Jenson hadn't used FedEx in a couple years. Given my prior experience, and what others have said. Like I posted with my info, it seems Jenson hasn't known the difference in the past, and wouldn't surprise me if they didn't know the difference now irrespective of what the website says (it said UPS when I ordered). Especially if Electric said he got an order recently.

I think we need to order up a YETI frame right now and see what happens

Anyone know if Jenson has a Canadian warehouse? Maybe that's an explanation.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    They won't ship Yeti to Canada, and the point is they use only UPS at this time. Those are the facts. Call them up and ask them if you want the facts. No need for back and forth.

mtbr member
    They won't ship Yeti to Canada, and the point is they use only UPS at this time. Those are the facts. Call them up and ask them if you want the facts. No need for back and forth.
    Got it

sock puppet

well, well... full of it?

hmmm... don't be a bully... not nice. Hypocritical too...

As I said, the first shipping contract that addressed Canadian needs and concerns by JensonUSA was with FEDEX. As of October last year - as you can see from the invoice that I am submitting for your enjoyment - they were still with FedEX. I can't really confirm which shipping service they use now - as I have been shipping to my bro's place in Columbus OH - but they do use FEDEX for these continental shipments for sure. If need be - I will post few more invoices to prove it, if you really don't believe it... Having said this - and posted the invoice - man up and say loud "I AM FULL OF IT". Not much credibility left... If you buy so much from JensonUSA - you should know this. But maybe you don't. Maybe you don't even have a bike. Maybe you just stayed at Holiday Inn Express trying to save $750,000 for your "not that expensive" retirement home...

BTW, colossal fail on Timmins thread for you. Shirk is one of only few guys who's done it all and has authority beyond reproach. He built trails when you were still polishing your Corvette in the backyard. He rode all inclusive trails from XC to FR to DH and has seen places more than you and I combined and then some... could go on and on but - why... You completely missed the sarcasm in Shirk's post about buffed out - or as you like to say "urbanized" smooth trails in Timmins - yet if it was at Albion - it would have been "Kiddie Pool Trails". Hypocrisy much lately?

"Lots of wrong info here" you say... Maybe you should listen more and talk less, until you learn the fabrics of this forum. In the meantime - nothing wrong with "taking it easy with SS". By all means - enjoy it as much as you can... Life is short, eh?

It's never to late to start the redeeming self...

Cheers...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bike Parts from EU - Tax or not to Canada?-jensonusa_invoice.jpg  

sock puppet
    Hmm, OBVIOUSLY
    that was not JensonUSA...
    get over it and move on...

mtbr member
    Sweat bands, Chami butter, questionable videos.

Osokolo, you must have been preparing for a long, lonely winter.

Steady Creepin'

Except it wasn't a fact when it came to the big sale on Yeti AS-R's they had a while ago. I emailed them and asked about this specifically at the time. I had noticed that the sale AS-R's didn't have the "This item does not ship to Canada" label on the website and inquired about it, was told that they were shipping those clearance Yeti frames here, but in the event of a warranty issue I would be responsible for shipping it back to the USA.

I had mine delivered to Canada in two days, no problems.

mtbr member
    There has been a lot that has changed in the "grey market" in the last year, Shimano is Authorizing web dealers, and bike companies are policing shipments of bikes across the boarder a little more. Distributors and manufactures need to work together with both online stores and brick and mortar stores to make more of a global market not so much a Europ gets this much, the US gets this much, and Canada gets this much type of mentality, It's too bad that it's just not that easy.

I think Jenson is doing a great job working with UPS to have everything shipped and marked properly now. I think the deal with UPS started this spring so yes a year ago they would have been shipping FedEx.

Clearance is Clearance, they should be able to ship anywhere as they are not inline and shouldn't really hurt an LBS, your LBS had the opportunity to buy the closeout deals and if they wanted that business they would have bought them.
    Rocky Element
    My Attempt at a Blog

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hello, I just wanted to jump in and clarify a few things.

In the past we have used FedEx, and currently we are using UPS for delivery to Canada. It is a premium service with no brokerage charge.

Regardless of the carrier, absolutely nothing has changed on Jenson USA delivery to Canada. As always, you will see and pay GST/PST/HST etc at checkout (based on your province); there is no brokerage charge or import duty, and never anything due at delivery time.

We know that having an unexpected charge at delivery is no fun; and we have worked very hard to develop a system specifically for our customers in Canada to ensure they can shop without worry about such charges. It's bulletproof and we hope you love it.

If you ever have any questions about shipment to Canada, please feel free to ask and thanks for your business!

Justin Christopher
    Jenson USA

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    hmmm... don't be a bully... not nice. Hypocritical too...

As I said, the first shipping contract that addressed Canadian needs and concerns by JensonUSA was with FEDEX. As of October last year - as you can see from the invoice that I am submitting for your enjoyment - they were still with FedEX. I can't really confirm which shipping service they use now - as I have been shipping to my bro's place in Columbus OH - but they do use FEDEX for these continental shipments for sure. If need be - I will post few more invoices to prove it, if you really don't believe it... Having said this - and posted the invoice - man up and say loud "I AM FULL OF IT". Not much credibility left... If you buy so much from JensonUSA - you should know this. But maybe you don't. Maybe you don't even have a bike. Maybe you just stayed at Holiday Inn Express trying to save $750,000 for your "not that expensive" retirement home...

BTW, colossal fail on Timmins thread for you. Shirk is one of only few guys who's done it all and has authority beyond reproach. He built trails when you were still polishing your Corvette in the backyard. He rode all inclusive trails from XC to FR to DH and has seen places more than you and I combined and then some... could go on and on but - why... You completely missed the sarcasm in Shirk's post about buffed out - or as you like to say "urbanized" smooth trails in Timmins - yet if it was at Albion - it would have been "Kiddie Pool Trails". Hypocrisy much lately?

"Lots of wrong info here" you say... Maybe you should listen more and talk less, until you learn the fabrics of this forum. In the meantime - nothing wrong with "taking it easy with SS". By all means - enjoy it as much as you can... Life is short, eh?

It's never to late to start the redeeming self...

Cheers...
    Wow, you have issues, get help 'oggie' because you clearly need it. I am not going to argue with an internet creaton.

Bottom-line is jensonusa only ships ups to Canada now, they used fedex in the past, but that dosen't matter, they don't now.

Fact is jensonusa ships only ups and they do not ship yeti stuff to Canada, if something so easy to find out can not be understood by "oggie" then I think there is not much you do understand.

You can have the best advice in the world from people here, but it's muddied up with stupidity like the quoted post.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Oh and "oggie" keep trying to rip people off on pinkbike with over priced frames, I am sure you really need the money badly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jchristopher View Post
    Hello, I just wanted to jump in and clarify a few things.

In the past we have used FedEx, and currently we are using UPS for delivery to Canada. It is a premium service with no brokerage charge.

Regardless of the carrier, absolutely nothing has changed on Jenson USA delivery to Canada. As always, you will see and pay GST/PST/HST etc at checkout (based on your province); there is no brokerage charge or import duty, and never anything due at delivery time.

We know that having an unexpected charge at delivery is no fun; and we have worked very hard to develop a system specifically for our customers in Canada to ensure they can shop without worry about such charges. It's bulletproof and we hope you love it.

If you ever have any questions about shipment to Canada, please feel free to ask and thanks for your business!

Justin Christopher
    Jenson USA
    Thanks, as I get a lot of stuff from jensonusa to Canada I really appreciate this service. That's why when people say here they just ordered from jenson the other day and it came fed ex, I knew they were full of crap.

Can you clear up the yeti shipping policy for people as well?

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor View Post
    Sweat bands, Chami butter, questionable videos.

Osokolo, you must have been preparing for a long, lonely winter.
    It is lonely on the rollers..

Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor View Post
    I don't have the documentation and hate to agree with electrik , but I definitely recall having to pick up my Yeti frame from the Fedex depot late July last year. (and my brother in-law is upper management at Fed-Ex, so I'm not allowed to confuse the it with UPS)

I'm not sure of the current situation, but they were shipping via fedex at some point (even if only a few days past a year ago)
    Stings don't it.. haha

Thanks, as I get a lot of stuff from jensonusa to Canada I really appreciate this service. That's why when people say here they just ordered from jenson the other day and it came fed ex, I knew they were full of crap.

Can you clear up the yeti shipping policy for people as well?
    Jesus, stop being so ridiculous. There is no conspiracy.

I'd post my order and fedex tracking number, but i'm not going to all that work, suffice to say(AGAIN) the order was placed this summer and came Fedex.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Jesus, stop being so ridiculous. There is no conspiracy.
    Never said there was a conspiracy, where would you get such a silly idea? I said JensonUSA uses UPS, not Fedex. They even confirmed it here...and you are mistaken.

What service companies use is important to people and people reading this won't be mislead to think they use Fed Ex now, as there is a big difference in certain areas between the two shipping companies on level of service.