Bethany Crazy 8 hour - course quality?- Mtbr.com
    Winston the bike guy

Bethany Crazy 8 hour - course quality?

To anyone who has done any racing at this location, what is the course like? Conditions, quality of trails, how hilly is it.

It's a bit of a drive for us to go and want to make sure it's worth it.

Thanks

Win

Jan 2004
    I have done a couple of rces there (I haven't tried the 8 hour) the course is not to bad some nice single track in the back section nothing to technical and only 1 decent climb. I'm not sure how the trails will be for an 8 hour? might get a little tedius.

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by winchaos
    To anyone who has done any racing at this location, what is the course like? Conditions, quality of trails, how hilly is it.

It's a bit of a drive for us to go and want to make sure it's worth it.

Thanks

Win
    how bout a link too.
    sorry to hear about your fisher winston, you gonna go solo again?
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Winston the bike guy

Solo all the way

Here's the link

http://www.alpharacing.ca/

Probably more laid back than the mansfield race. Chico got so many people that the course just got chewed to rat ****. Sandy soil and 700+ riders was like a tilled up garden in places.

When are the dissent frames in. I'm in the market for something asap as I'm not waiting for the warranty to be riding again. I'll build the Rig up as a back up bike when the new frame comes in.

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by winchaos
    Here's the link

http://www.alpharacing.ca/

Probably more laid back than the mansfield race. Chico got so many people that the course just got chewed to rat ****. Sandy soil and 700+ riders was like a tilled up garden in places.

When are the dissent frames in. I'm in the market for something asap as I'm not waiting for the warranty to be riding again. I'll build the Rig up as a back up bike when the new frame comes in.
    funny as the day progressed i liked the course more...
    i will email you on the other secret operation.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member

Alpha races

Alpha used to hold a 5 race citizen series as well as their weekly series. I was sad to see them go.

First of all their events are very casual. They emphasize fun even more than Chico and BikeNXS. If you want a good time, and a good ride do an Alpha event.

The Farm is basically a pines section and a hardwood section separated by a very long hill. The pines and hardwood are both single track. The pines is devided into two section separated by the drive way. The left side (as you come into the location) is more open with short climbs and descents. The right side is tight and twisty. The hardwood is nice and flowey. The hill in between is a long, sustained climb. I'm not sure of the grade, but the climb is long enough that it will tire you regardless. Sometimes when you come down they take you through a little stand of trees on the edge of the property. The bottom of the hill can be swampy, they had loading slats across that section last I was there, they just get beaten up as the day goes on. Lastly, they may have "new trails" which is roughly translated as: "we mowed the lawn."

All in all I had a good time at the 8 hour there (my first). I highly recommend it to anyone want to try out a multi-hour event.
    Jason Murray
    Rep for Ontario, IMBA Canada
    Visit the IMBA Canada site to keep current on all things IMBA in Canada.

Members who have read this thread: 0