Best wheel builder in southern ON.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Best wheel builder in southern ON.

Looking for a good wheel builder. Couldnt resist CRCs price on a brand new hope rear hub(160.00 can with free shipping)

So im looking for a good builder. I live near collingwood(owensound) but often visit barrie, kitchener and orangeville. What does a build usually cost? Its my first time.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Don't know about the best wheel builder, but I have heard good things about the guys at Bike Zone in Barrie. Cycle Solutions at the Beaches has some of the best wrenches around and built both my Mavic wheels with Hadley hubs and did an excellent job.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Yea, Im not sure why I wrote "best". I meant good.

Thanks for the ideas.
    Anyone use kamikazi in collingwood?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I had Kris at Kamikaze build me up a set of Stans Arch EX 29er rims on xt hubs back in april. Still true after bashing through 3stages and kolapore all year and I am well over 200lbs with gear. IIRC he charges $50/wheel to build.

mtbr member
    I have also had a good experience with Cycle Solutions. They built me a set of arch ex's on kings and haven't had any issues with them at all!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hands down the best IMO is Jamie Davies at Evolution Cycles in Richmond Hill. The guy is a wizard when it comes to bikes and the only one I let to work on my bikes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thanks guys. Ive hear some good things about Kris from kamakazi and hes helped me out a few times.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Mike at SpeedRiverCycle in Guelph is great.

He races O-Cup, and whenever I am there I see him building several crazy exotic wheels for customers.

He has built all of my carbon wheels perfectly so far and is reasonably priced to boot.

Living Life Behind Bars..
    ^^^^ ditto on Cycle Soloutions. Build, overhaul and fix wheels, hubs, spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 0