Best 29er to ride the Don Valley Trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Best 29er to ride the Don Valley Trails

I would like to hear some suggestions on which 29er would be the best option to ride the Don Valley Trails. The bike that I am thinking of purchasing is the YT jeffsy but I am fearful that this long travel 29er would be too much for the don. I am previously coming from a hardtail 29er call the Kona Honzo. I would really like to hear the opinion of someone who is already riding full suspension 29er on the don.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddwick25 View Post
    I would like to hear some suggestions on which 29er would be the best option to ride the Don Valley Trails. The bike that I am thinking of purchasing is the YT jeffsy but I am fearful that this long travel 29er would be too much for the don. I am previously coming from a hardtail 29er call the Kona Honzo. I would really like to hear the opinion of someone who is already riding full suspension 29er on the don.
    Me too, looking to switch to FS from an older vintage steel hardtail. I'd also be interested in comments from the shorter travel end of the spectrum. I thought it would be no trouble to find a modern FS bike of similar weight to my old one for say about $3000. Not even close. Then there's wheelbase. Everything I've seen has a considerably longer wheelbase too I think due to the trend in slackening head tubes. Seeing as I only make it up something like climbmax once in every six tries, I can't imagine that adding 2-3 pounds and anywhere from 3-8 cm of wheelbase would help with that. For people who have switched to a newer FS design, do you just agree to give up on some of the climbing, or have you found ways to get a heavier longer bike up those climbs.