Bayview & Stouffville- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Bayview & Stouffville

FYI:

The owners (I believe it's a developer company) have asked York Regional Police to enforce trespassing violations at the trails here as of March 2006.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Is that the motocross trails across from that lake and beach?

mtbr member
    March 2006? I've ridden there this year... maybe 2007?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfist
    March 2006? I've ridden there this year... maybe 2007?
    Huh? No, they've asked police to keep an eye on it already. They've got issues specifically with the motocross bikes due to the erosion of the road embankments - road improvements will be coming soon and so the usage of the land was brought up.

Although they mentioned motorized vehicles as the ones to be charged with the trespassing act, I can't see how they would only charge some people and not the mountain bikers as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgobie
    Is that the motocross trails across from that lake and beach?
    Those are the ones.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I sure hope they are only referring to the motocross bikes. The developers took away OUR land, not the other way around. As part of the Oak Ridges Moraine I'm really surprised they actually got to build there. I had a feeling that once the Bayview extension was complete some moronic developer would start building there. The bayview extension was fine, but the developer should really get lost.... the forest and trails were there first!!! It will REALLY bother me if the NEW residents start complaining! Arghhhh..... Just venting! But that's one reason I don't ride there anymore, I head north where no one really seems to complain!

Bored
    I used to ride there a lot. Developers can only stop you from riding on the private land. That said, there is nothing stopping you from riding the York Regional forest (at this point). I have approached the town of Richmond Hill, the region, ect about being pro-active wrt to trail maintenence, but no response.

I typically parked just off Stoufville Road, near the expensive houses across from the big gate. I haven't been in there in ages because of the shape the trails were in. Very frustraing. All the corners gone in the attempt to straighten lines out. Can no one steer their bike?
    MTBR is serious stuff.
    You never get better until you get out of your comfort zone.

Members who have read this thread: 0