Barrie looking for easy going group rides- Mtbr.com

May 2005

Barrie looking for easy going group rides

Any MTBR'ers from Barrie on this forum? Looking for other riders for Sunday mornings and some weekday evenings.

I'm going to Mansfield this Sunday with a couple of buddies. Post if you want to join us.

LBS Manager

I am from barrie

I don't know how often I will be able to get out with you my weekends are pretty tight but feel free to PM me any time you are going and I will see if I can go.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CountZero
    Any MTBR'ers from Barrie on this forum? Looking for other riders for Sunday mornings and some weekday evenings.

I'm going to Mansfield this Sunday with a couple of buddies. Post if you want to join us.
    What is Mansfield like? Do you park at Mansfield or the 'other' parking lot...
    Wouldnt mind checking this place out...but would like a tour giude!
    What time Sundays do you guys start up?

Cheers

Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley

Cheers
    Mansfield is a great place to go riding, I go there quite a bit. They have nice facilities (bike rentals and washrooms). The trails are sandy with good run-off so you can ride them right after a big rain fall without damaging the trails.

Don't be a cheap bastard though, pay the trail fee otherwise we will lose good trails like this. If you park at the 'other' parking lot then only ride the trails around the other parking lot.

There is a free trail 1 minute north if you are too cheap to pay trail fees!
    Last edited by GearHead; 05-20-2005 at 08:29 PM.

May 2005
    Hard to say. I've got a poker game the night before! Could be ugly.

I've never ridden Mansfield, but heard it's great. We've been advised to bring a compass.

We should be in the $$ parking lot about 10:15ish. We'll be two Chevy Silverado's, one red, one charcoal, with a combination of Gary Fisher and Schwinn on the back. Two of us are decent riders and in "okay: shape (maybe a little chunk at the moment ) , and the other is quite new to riding so don't expect an epic.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley

Cheers

May 2005

how much is the trail fee? (nm)

cheaper than Hardwood I hope...

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead
    Mansfield is a great place to go riding, I go there quite a bit. They have nice facilities (bike rentals and washrooms). The trails are sandy with good run-off so you can ride them right after a big rain fall without damaging the trails.

Don't be a cheap bastard though, pay the trail fee otherwise we will lose good trails like this. If you park at the 'other' parking lot keep then only ride the traisl around the other aprking lot.

There is a free trail 1 minute north if you are too cheap to pay trail fees!

LBS Manager

No need for a compass

If you ride at mansfield and pay the fee (which is cheaper than HH) then all the trails are marked unless you venture off into the ajoining forest. I agree with GearHead ANYONE who tries to skip out on paying a trail fee is a CHEAP ASS BASTARD and is doing our sport an injustice. If I wasn't as mature and responsible as I am now I would be tempted flatten car tires when I see them at the back entrance to Albion Hills, and let them think about weather $4 is worth it wile they are waiting for a tow truck.

Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CountZero
    cheaper than Hardwood I hope...
    The trail fee is $8.50 or you can buy a season pass for $40.

Warp speed, Mr. Sulu!
    Hey, JHB!!!!

Get away from my truck, dude!

I use the back entrance at Duffy's Lane to get into Albion, but I have a TRCA membership.

I just find it more convenient to use that entrance than to drive all the way up 50 and go through the gates and whatnot.

So, please don't flatten my tires, bro!

LBS Manager

I would never

I wouldn't acctually do it, it just pisses me off when I see or hear about people trying to beat the fee. Your truck is safe from me.