Bad experince with BikeRoom.Com- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

Bad experince with BikeRoom.Com

Unfortunately these guys are one of the only online stores we've got in Canada. Prices are great, shipping's great, they had what I wanted (it should be noted that as a rule I DO NOT buy things sight unseen, i.e. over the phone or internet), so, after looking in every shop in T.O. and surroundings, I decided to go for it and order a 661 Assualt suit. Hurt my shoulder at Bromont in May...I can't ride there anymore without something over my upper body, and I'm going on Thanksgiving. The suit arrives on time, in a box with no packing slip, no invoice, no tags, no label to show that it is indeed the size I asked for, and with a 6 inch long tear in the seam along the right side of the turtle-back. The shoulder caps are scratched and scuffed - obiously lightly used. It's as though someone larger than me tried it on and "rrrippp...oopps, too small" and sent it back. Well they either didn't check before the sent it to me, or they didn't care. Either way they sure ain't calling me back, are they? Left plenty of messages, but my only choice now is to get this armour repaired somehwere before next weekend, and post this rant.
    Attached Images Attached Images

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by lambhead
    Unfortunately these guys are one of the only online stores we've got in Canada. Prices are great, shipping's great, they had what I wanted (it should be noted that as a rule I DO NOT buy things sight unseen, i.e. over the phone or internet), so, after looking in every shop in T.O. and surroundings, I decided to go for it and order a 661 Assualt suit. Hurt my shoulder at Bromont in May...I can't ride there anymore without something over my upper body, and I'm going on Thanksgiving. The suit arrives on time, in a box with no packing slip, no invoice, no tags, no label to show that it is indeed the size I asked for, and with a 6 inch long tear in the seam along the right side of the turtle-back. The shoulder caps are scratched and scuffed - obiously lightly used. It's as though someone larger than me tried it on and "rrrippp...oopps, too small" and sent it back. Well they either didn't check before the sent it to me, or they didn't care. Either way they sure ain't calling me back, are they? Left plenty of messages, but my only choice now is to get this armour repaired somehwere before next weekend, and post this rant.

oh my gosh! thats terrible! there is no way you should have to pay for that. i have yet to make an internet order for biking stuff, and things like this definitely do not encourage me to do so. sorry to hear about your tough luck.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    welcome to the "SCREWED BY BIKEROOM/AIRBOMB/BEYONDBIKES CLUB"
    I Ride, I Know

Warp speed, Mr. Sulu!

Keep on 'em!!!

Those guys are absolutely useless!

I'm wondering if that Assault Suit is the one they sent me back in July in error.

I had ordered a Pressure Suit in June, but they screwed it up as usual.

I sent it back to them immediately. After a LOT of waiting, *****ing and complaining, they finally got the correct armour to me in September!

For what it's worth, I didn't use it, and it wasn't in the condition you are reporting when I received it.

Definitely don't give up, though. Mention to them how bad their reputation has become here at mtbr.com.....that seemed to get them moving a bit quicker for me.

Good luck,
    Mike

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucker Factor
    Those guys are absolutely useless!
    Yep!

My first experience with BR was great....bought a set of Nokian Hakka WXC300 studded tires at an amazing price! Everything went smoothly!

But, my second experience was terrible...and my last! Click here for all the details!
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com

Feb 2004
    I don't think I'd deal with them again ...ordered some chainrings (32 and 42) ...they couldn't get the 32 that I wanted so they decide to send another brand that I would never want ...I sent it right back and had to bug them a couple of times to credit me.

mtbr member

I wouldn`t give up.

You shouldn`t have to put up with this irresponsible retail behavior. I would keep hounding them with words like "dishonorable", "unprincipled", "lack of integrity". Send it back in it`s original packaging with a letter of complaint with some "light" threats about going to the Better Business Bureau.

Customer service is everything in retail if they want repeat business. They should be making this right for you.

By the sound of it, it`s not the first time BikeRoom has messed up. Because of this thread, I`ll never buy from them.

the wrench
    i have only bought one thing from bikeroom and payment and delivery went smoothly. i had bought an azonic ds1 frame they has the 02 models on for 199.99. so it was a great deal so i ordered one up. well the next day they phoned me saying that they were all out of that model but they offered to give me the 03 model at no extra chage. so i recieve the frame start building the fame up and noticed a frame alignment problem when i put the rear wheel in. so i call them up (after all the did you take it to a shop, um i am a shop mechanic and i know that the wheel is in dish and tried more than one wheel) they agreed to refund the frame and the shipping for me. i found that the key with bikeroom is not to leave a message just to call the right time of day when you can actually talk to someone and not get the maching when they are closed.

They say I have a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by garboui
    i have only bought one thing from bikeroom and payment and delivery went smoothly. i had bought an azonic ds1 frame they has the 02 models on for 199.99. so it was a great deal so i ordered one up. well the next day they phoned me saying that they were all out of that model but they offered to give me the 03 model at no extra chage. so i recieve the frame start building the fame up and noticed a frame alignment problem when i put the rear wheel in. so i call them up (after all the did you take it to a shop, um i am a shop mechanic and i know that the wheel is in dish and tried more than one wheel) they agreed to refund the frame and the shipping for me. i found that the key with bikeroom is not to leave a message just to call the right time of day when you can actually talk to someone and not get the maching when they are closed.
    But! The fact is you got a damaged frame....
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"

rad to the power of sick
    IMHO avoid buying online.

Find a good LBS and build a reputation with them. If the shop you go to knows how to do their job they will cut you nice discounts and respect their buying customer.
    Ive been buying from the same shop for the last 8 yrs and im at the point where when i buy something big im paying cost + 10%. Online you pay S/H, talk to someone who couldn't care less about you and get shoddy product.

Perhaps its a feasable option if you're buying say, 50 tubes but other stuff i'd be skeptical about.

meh...back to exam studying...

cheers!
    Aaron
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

Sorry, but buying online is always a good option....You just have to becareful...

I've been in this sport for a number of years and have yet to deal with a shop that gives me awesome deals, day in and day out...I might get some stuff for a great price, but not on a consistent level..

Yes I support my local shops, but I always keep my eyes open for deals online and make informed purchases...

Rich

rad to the power of sick
    Two words: Cyclepath Oakville.
    To each his own i guess.
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

Problem is I live in Hamilton....

All I'm saying is that getting constitent awesome deals from an LBS is a few and far between situation...As a shopper you have to research and be informed...At time the best deals are to be found online and sometimes in a shop, but you have to research...

Rich

Nov 2004

good and bad

Quote Originally Posted by rbart4506
    Problem is I live in Hamilton....

All I'm saying is that getting constitent awesome deals from an LBS is a few and far between situation...As a shopper you have to research and be informed...At time the best deals are to be found online and sometimes in a shop, but you have to research...

Rich
    Since I do alot of travelling as part of my job I have no real loyalty to any lbs. With one exception...East End cycle in KW will always get first crack at my business. I have delt with bikeroom.com on 3 different occasions. The first time I ordered a wheel set and tires This was the same time he was switching over to the current web site. as well as wheel suppliers. Long story short: because of the delay he upgraded to a different wheel set and overnighted the shipment at no extra cost to me. Second time was a wash. I'm currently waiting on a xx-small helmet for my son for christmas. I called him two days ago and was informed that he is waiting on a shipment from 661. As long as it makes it here for Christmas, I'll be happy so he has 4 weeks to make good.

Nov 2004

2 for 4

Well, after I sent Dave an email inquiring about the status of my christmas helmet order he conceeded that It would not make it to me before christmas because an XXS full face helmet is a special order. Thats fine with me and I'm glad we got it figured out now instead of 3 weeks from now. But he should state more accurate delivery times on special orders to avoid confusion and bad press. Anyway, he will process the other stuff on my order and I'm sure I'll have it within a week. So, If you can wait for stuff that is not critical to your daily riding I would still recommend Bikeroom.com because it's pretty hard to beat their prices on many things. For instance, I lost the top cap on my Z150 and went to my lbs to order one. They told me it would be roughly $60. Thats friggin insane for a valve cap. Bikeroom has them for under $15 I believe. I'm not getting it from either of them though. Good old Alexander Keith's bottle cap, an old schrader valve cap and some epoxy and you got a sweet custom top cap

T.Dot Represent
    they sent me the wrong size fork. wont be dealing with them till they get their act together and learn to pick up the damn phone!!!
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

Apr 2004

mee tooo

Whassup yo,

Bikeroom screwed me also. They're total tools. Messed up my order, and forgot to send one of my parts. Then they said they'll give me a credit for the missing value. I just called up and say I want to call in my credit, they say... what credit? Rediculous. Customer service is the pits, and forget about contacting them by email. I had to try HARD to get them on the phone too...

argh

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Quote Originally Posted by goose
    Whassup yo,

Bikeroom screwed me also. They're total tools. Messed up my order, and forgot to send one of my parts. Then they said they'll give me a credit for the missing value. I just called up and say I want to call in my credit, they say... what credit? Rediculous. Customer service is the pits, and forget about contacting them by email. I had to try HARD to get them on the phone too...

argh
    Man, I can't believe these clowns are still screwing people over!

I bought from them this time last year and got an amazing deal from Dave on a set of Nokian Hakka WXC300 studded tires ($90CDN each)...even with my Pro-deal at my shop, he beat them and included free shipping and no taxes! The deal was too sweet to pass-up and I bought a set. That deal worked-out perfectly!

So, when I was building up my new RX-100, I emailed Dave and got some price quotes on parts, frames, forks, etc. I placed my order for some parts and parts gradually started to trickle in. Stuff was wrong, not shipped, over-charged, etc. Basically, one screw-up after another.

I tried to work with Dave to get the numerous issues resolved, but I got the distinct impression, he could care less about my situation. I called. I emailed. I faxed. Nothing.

It was only when I threatened to get my credit card involved that BR finally started to reply. But, it was too late. Damage was done and I will never, ever buy from BR again! And, as I promised Dave I would do, I'm letting everyone know how bad these clowns are!

It took a while, but I finally got all my credits owing. I sent back the majority of the parts and bought them from Chad at Bike Barn....now, what a difference!
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)

Jun 2004
    I've ordered from Bikeroom twice, with problems both times. The first time I got a bogus tracking number and had to send them an e-mail to get the correct one. The second time I ordered something, I was told my order would ship in a few days. After a week it had still not shipped. So I call them and am told that the chainrings I ordered weren't available. Strangely enough they shipped my stuff a day after I called them...

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Quote Originally Posted by dinger
    I've ordered from Bikeroom twice, with problems both times. The first time I got a bogus tracking number and had to send them an e-mail to get the correct one. The second time I ordered something, I was told my order would ship in a few days. After a week it had still not shipped. So I call them and am told that the chainrings I ordered weren't available. Strangely enough they shipped my stuff a day after I called them...
    I normally don't send emails like this, but after I received an email from Dave at BR this morning with a deal on Hayes brakes, I sent him this reply:

"Hey Dave,

Do me a favor and take me off your spam list. In case you don't remember, you screwed-up my last order with you (which took months to resolve) and I explicitly told you that I'd never do biz with you again. My feelings towards BikeRoom hasn't changed. In fact, I see that you are still up to your tricks again, judging by the influx of "Bad experience with Bikeroom" posts at MTBR.com. I'd suggest you re-evaluate how you run your business, listen to customers and, here's my #1 tip-of-the-day, don't lie!

Have a Merry Christmas!

M.
    "
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)

Mar 2004

way to go 1 speed

good for you and well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1speed_Mike
    I normally don't send emails like this, but after I received an email from Dave at BR this morning with a deal on Hayes brakes, I sent him this reply:

"Hey Dave,

Do me a favor and take me off your spam list. In case you don't remember, you screwed-up my last order with you (which took months to resolve) and I explicitly told you that I'd never do biz with you again. My feelings towards BikeRoom hasn't changed. In fact, I see that you are still up to your tricks again, judging by the influx of "Bad experience with Bikeroom" posts at MTBR.com. I'd suggest you re-evaluate how you run your business, listen to customers and, here's my #1 tip-of-the-day, don't lie!

Have a Merry Christmas!

M.
    "

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    nice one 1speed

I'm sure things will NOT change
    I Ride, I Know

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Thanks!

As I mentioned, I wouldn't normally even reply to his email, but:
    1 - he really pissed me off with the screw-ups on my order, the delays in getting things resolved, obviously lack of any respect for me or my order;
    2 - then, to see that he hasn't changed his ways and is now screwing others despite me telling him, in no uncertain terms, that he'd better shape-up; and,
    3 - finally, to receive an unsolicited email (spam) from him floggin his crap...boy, you've got a lot of nerve, Dave.
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)

Nov 2004

Upset the last straw

The following is a copy of an email i just sent to Dave at Bikeroom. I'm done with this asshat!!!

David.

You stated you could ship it today. Well that was FOUR days ago and I can see it has still not been filled. This after misrepresenting yourself for over a month. Please cancel my order imediately. I understand how hectic running your own business can be. I hope your venture works out, but at the current level of customer service it does not look promising. It WAS nice to have an alternative to the US online bike shops. With that said, honesty and profesional courtesy goes a long way. And word-of-mouth advertising goes even farther. You have lost a valued customer today but I know I'm not the first nor will I be the last. From now on I'll support my local shop.

Thanks anyway.

Aaron Elliott.

>From: <[email protected]>
    >To: Aaron Elliott <[email protected]>
    >Subject: Re: Order #9830
    >Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 20:16:37 -0500
    >
    >Hi Aaron
    >
    >The Ruffian Gripshift length model keeps arriving from our
    >supplier as the full length - we have LOTS now. I am going to
    >suggest that you either switch to the very similar Yeti (thin,
    >with raised lettered YETI) or cancel that model. They can ship
    >today,
    >
    >let me know
    >David

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!

I ordered from them ONCE...

many years ago, when they were airbomb, and "new" and the service was crap then and never got better.

I ordered a Sunn hardtail frameset (included a fork and headset), and a pair of Sun Sub IV rims. Charged my credit card same day, including for CANPAR shipping. Fine I figured, Canpar from Vancouver to Ottawa is 4 business days (was then and is still now). 8 days later I call to find out the tracking # for the shipment, "oh it shipped greyhound courier". Finally arrives after like 11 days, and when I go to pickup the mangled box at the bus terminal, there's a charge for shipping.

Seems Dave liked to double-charge customers back then, as he reversed the shipping charges on the shipment to me. I never bought from him again and have told folks all about him countless times on here. The frame had a scratch in the finish to boot.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Site has been down for the last week

Their site has been up and down for the last week, I'm looking for a pair of studded tires and they have good pricing on the Extreme 294s..

I think I'll drop an e-mail to the guys at Bikebarn in BC to see what their pricing is.. The locals are asking $129 per tire, which is $32 per tire more then Bikeroom..

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    yea, but at least you'll get to use the tires this season
    I Ride, I Know

gic

Jan 2004

more problems

i've dealt with bikeroom on about 4 occasions now, and have had problems with each order. they ship the wrong things, a month later. how's that for service. here's the bottom line:

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM BIKEROOM UNLESS YOU LIKE HEADACHES.

i propose a boycott.

i have dealt with another company out east, they have quick shipping, excellent service, but limited component stock. http://www.ramsays-online.com/
    i highly recommend.

mtbr member
    I have ordered from them on 2 occasions, and was happy with both transactions.
    1st order was a Fox Float 100RL for a ridiculously low price.
    2nd order was for a set of XT disc, 517 built wheels. No problems other than the rear being a 36 spoke when I was under the impression it would be 32. Not a huge deal as I am far from being a weight weenie and am pretty hard on my equipment.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2019 Norco Search XR Steel
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6