anyone know if and when blue mountain is having its shuttle service- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

anyone know if and when blue mountain is having its shuttle service

its says on their site that the lifts dont open until july and that they will be running a shuttle service until then, any idea on price and if its open yet or does it mean that you have to shuttle your self up and down, i just got back from a week in the domincan then a week in north carolina and im sick of this flat 20 second downhill stuff around southern ontario. later May
    If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

mtbr member
    Shuttle service starts on May 15th.

It's a van + trailer that you load your bike into then they drive you to the top of the mountain and you ride down, wait and do it all again. According to the info I've seen, daily price runs at $29 for trail access (with shuttle or lift as of July.)

I picked up my pass at the bike show. There will be huge improvements this year, gradual drop zone, tabletop jumps, more stunts & technical trails. Great place to spend the day for sure.

Not sure if I'll be there on the 15th, it'll depend on weather, if it's wet up there the trails are insanely slippery (can't even stand on them in spots.)

Post up when you're going (as I will), I'm sure a few people from this board will be riding there.

Later

Clem

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

blue mtn conditions

Wel its been really wet as of late. As i sit here i can still snow on the mtn.

On the weekend took a drive upo to Loree forest as i am a newbie and wanted to really try the trails and had to walk through a section with snow a foot deep still but then it was alot of fun after that.

Blue mtn will be operating a shuttle service to the top for may til July 1 when they will open the new gondola service from the village lift. They will NOT be using racks onm the back of the chairlifts but will be removing them and installing a walk in open air gondolas that will take bikers and hikers to the top of the mtn.

As the previous guy mentioned they will have a bike terrain park and that wiull be located where the snowboard terrain park is located. Lots of fun for everyone at Blue Mtn.

Its a rough life living here but someone has to live here....may as well be me

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by skihillguy
    On the weekend took a drive upo to Loree forest as i am a newbie and wanted to really try the trails and had to walk through a section with snow a foot deep still but then it was alot of fun after that.
    You really shouldn't be on the trails if they are that wet. Try going south for now, if you must go somewhere, where they never had that much snow. Otherwise you will wreck the current trails

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NumbNutz
    You really shouldn't be on the trails if they are that wet. Try going south for now, if you must go somewhere, where they never had that much snow. Otherwise you will wreck the current trails
    who made u ****ing god? Others were out on the trail and u weren't there. one section had snow where it hadn't melted yet and thats supposed to stop everything. Get your head out of your ass

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    who made u ****ing god? Others were out on the trail and u weren't there. one section had snow where it hadn't melted yet and thats supposed to stop everything. Get your head out of your ass
    You are right, I wasn't there, because I didn't want to wreck them. Lots of people do lots of things that aren't smart, I try not to join them. I guess I have just been doing this A LOT longer then you have, and have seen the negative impact of people using trails before they are ready

Jan 2004

something to read up on

The link below are trails rules from the International Mountain Bicycling Association. Read the few rules of etiquette for mountain bikers. It is a good code of conduct for all responsible mountain bikers alike.

http://www.imba.com/about/trail_rules.html

Cheers! I know things here in SW Ontario are drying up pretty good. I actually in early June hope to be doing some riding up your way. Three Stage and especially Kalapore. So hopefully the trails are in sweet conditions by then. But its an awsome sport and I am only in my 2nd year myself, but its one of the greatest sports to be involved with out there.
    Last edited by crank; 04-21-2004 at 08:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NumbNutz
    Yeah? Because other people are wrecking the trail, it means it's okay for you to do it too? Great thinking! Seriously, the guy was only trying to give you some advice and you jump all over him. Apology coming soon I hope?

They say I have a problem
    As my father use to say "If everyone jumps off a bridge, are you going to jump to??"...

Seriously though, no one should be riding wet trails because of the damage that is done and the negative image that it portrays of mountain bikers...That is why I stay on the road and gravel trails until things dry up....

Rich
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    just because there was a patch of snow that hadn't melted yet doesn't mean the rest of the trail was not dry. this area of snow must have built up very hiugh durting the winter and has not fully melted. I am no idiot and would not ride totally wet trails. He ought to be the one apologizing since he has no clue of the conditions up here

mtbr member

... and if we just ... now now ladies enough bickering..................

its not like he's raping babies or something, theres a lot worse stuff he could be doing, hell i was out 3 weeks ago after a rain storm in a clear cutted area and ran over 3 small snails, anyways thanks for the info, i'll be going early in the season if anyone is interested, ive never been but for nearly $300 for a seasons pass its gotta be somewhat of a good ride. if none of you are on your rag when i post i'd be happy if you joined. and maybe we could argue about more pressing situations like the leafs beeting philly in 4.
    Later STEVE
    If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    just because there was a patch of snow that hadn't melted yet doesn't mean the rest of the trail was not dry. this area of snow must have built up very hiugh durting the winter and has not fully melted. I am no idiot and would not ride totally wet trails. He ought to be the one apologizing since he has no clue of the conditions up here
    You did say it was really wet lately, didn't you? I'm just saying the guy told you to not ride if it is wet. That doesn't seem insulting to me at all. Just seems like he was trying to help somebody that has posted that he's a fairly new rider and has said it was been wet lately. It is so much to assume that the trails are still wet based on that? Even the way he phrased it was pretty good, he suggested an alternative too.

Get your head of your ass on the otherhand? Well you be the judge. But if you've made up your mind that you are right, I'll stop trying to convince you otherwise.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I never said it was wet up there...only said it had been wet lately....and if u live in any part of central ontario you would know there has been a decent amount of rain. Yes there was a patch of a snow drift that had not melted yet on the gravel road leading in. Seems youy couldn't dsamge anything by walking a bike across the top of the snow

Its very simple that numbnutz must have gained his name for a reason........

He doesn't go out after it has been wet so he must not know how an area dries up

Yes i am new to to mtn biking in a true sense of the spirit but i have been riding all my life and i do know what i am doing on a bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I never said it was wet up there...only said it had been wet lately....and if u live in any part of central ontario you would know there has been a decent amount of rain. Yes there was a patch of a snow drift that had not melted yet on the gravel road leading in. Seems youy couldn't dsamge anything by walking a bike across the top of the snow

Its very simple that numbnutz must have gained his name for a reason........

He doesn't go out after it has been wet so he must not know how an area dries up

Yes i am new to to mtn biking in a true sense of the spirit but i have been riding all my life and i do know what i am doing on a bike.
    I don't know what your personal vendetta against me is. I really don't know if it's in your best interest to harbour such ill feelings towards someone who tried to help you out. If I had wanted to flame you, I would have, but I was just giving you some advice.
    I live near Collingwood, and go biking there all the time. I know what the conditions are like up there. It takes forever to dry.
    No, I have not been up there yet this year, I have some very hardcore mountain biker friends and they have said it is too wet. They have said there are lots of places that are fine though
    You know, the internet is such a strange place. I am sure iff you met me in real life, you wouldn't talk to me the way you do on a forum, but people have some innate need to be rude, once they sit themselves behind a computer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    [QUOTE=NumbNutz]I don't know what your personal vendetta against me is. I really don't know if it's in your best interest to harbour such ill feelings towards someone who tried to help you out. If I had wanted to flame you, I would have, but I was just giving you some advice.
    I live near Collingwood, and go biking there all the time. I know what the conditions are like up there. It takes forever to dry.
    No, I have not been up there yet this year, I have some very hardcore mountain biker friends and they have said it is too wet. They have said there are lots of places that are fine though
    You know, the internet is such a strange place. I am sure iff you met me in real life, you wouldn't talk to me the way you do on a forum, but people have some innate need to be rude, once they sit themselves behind a computer.[/QUOTE

Buddy your the only one taking such a difficult position. You state you haven't been up here this year yet live nearby.,....... well that means that you have no firsthand knowledge of trail conditions. All you have to go on is hearsay. Also now you are backtracking and saying that many areas are fine though.

All i was doing was answering a fellow riders question about conditions and what is happening at blue mtn.

Actually you are very wrong...if i met you in person and felt you were still the numbnutz you are i'd tell you it straight to your face..... when someone trys to diss me i tell when they are wrong or that i don't agree with there opinion. But you have no actual firsthand knowledge so therefore can have nothing to base your babble on.

Members who have read this thread: 0