Anyone have an MEC Cote- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Anyone have an MEC Cote

I am looking for honest feed back on the MEC Cote. I have read all the reviews I could find (not many).

Would like to hear from anyone that actually has the bike.

I am close to making my decision between the MEC Cote and the Devinci Hatchet SX.

TIA

mtbr member
    I don't have either bike, but looking at the spec, the Hatchet SX is nicer. And quite a bit lighter.
    The Hatchet XP has a spec that is closer to the Cote and similar in price. But is still lighter due to alloy frame, and carbon fork, where the Cote is steel (which is nice too) frame and fork.
    Resale on a Devinci would be better than a MEC bike if that matters to you.
    Good luck, they both look like fun bikes.
    Last edited by stew325; 11-22-2015 at 08:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Thanks for your input. The resale value was a thought on the MEC. Still undecided at this point.

mtbr member
    It depends on what you want from the bike. I always kept an eye on the Cote b/c it seemed very versatile: it had eyelets for racks and fenders and had secondary brake levers on the handlebars, and was the cheapest cross bike with discs (that must have changed since the UCI changed their disc rules). I think the Cote is more versatile for commuting, touring, road riding whereas the Hatchet not so much on the former but more so on the latter. There used to be a ton of good reviews on the Cote; I guess they take them down with every new model year?

mtbr member
    Just a quick update. I went with the MEC Cote. Really appreciated the fact that my size was in stock, so I was able to take it for a good test ride. Also the return policy at MEC is fantastic. So far, very happy with it, so I anticipate it will be a keeper

mtbr member
    Apr 2017

MEC Cote

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy Borador View Post
    Just a quick update. I went with the MEC Cote. Really appreciated the fact that my size was in stock, so I was able to take it for a good test ride. Also the return policy at MEC is fantastic. So far, very happy with it, so I anticipate it will be a keeper
    Hi,do you still own your MEC Cote bike? After owning and riding it for a while now, would you recommend it? Are you happy with it? Impressed?

Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0