anyone going to Tremblant?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007

anyone going to Tremblant?

Canada cup this saturday! Anyone got any inside info on the course? I'm guessing it will be basically the same as years past but there's always so much construction going on there you never know. How about mud? I'm thinking there is probably still snow melting off the mountain. Anyone been there recently?

LA CHÈVRE
    I'll be going too but I don't have any additional info, like you, I'd like to get some.

It will be my second race ever and my first time at Tremblant out of snowboarding seasons... I will be racing the Quebec Cup though, Sport Class. Where is the loop usually? And what kind of loop can I expect if you (or anyone else) don't mind?

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Tremblant is a very rocky, rooty, technical course. It's a long smooth climb (even goes through the village -- very cool) followed by a psychotic descent each lap. And it's usually very muddy.

Not sure where you're from, but it's nothing like most O-cups. Similar to Elliot lake -- big climb, big downhill, repeat. There are even some pretty impressive technical wooden structures thrown in. The climb is very long but not particularly steep. The climb is probably about 1.5 km long but it's got some flat relief sections along the way. There's another steeper climb once you actually leave the open road climbing for the singletrack. This climb is tricky and is about as long as the biggest O-cup hills.

It's an epic course that will beat the heck out of you. I love/hate this place for sure... Tremblant has a great vibe though and the resort makes you feel like you're in Europe at a World Cup or something.

Also, the Quebecers are really good at mountain biking and will undoubtedly make you feel useless as they blow past in the singletrack shouting "up up up up!!!"

Good times! Always a race to remember

LA CHÈVRE
    Well, I'm a Quebecer from Montreal, not sure I fit in the good at mountain biking though, it's my first year racing (many years riding though).

Still sounds nice to me! It will be different than the race last week at Bromont where the first climb wasn't so long but steep, many people were walking (sport classes) and on the first lap or two, there were major bottlenecks.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    You're a Quebecer! Not to worry then. I assumed you were from the center of the universe in Southern Ontario. I've never done Bromont but I'm sure it's comparable to Tremblant. Quebec has rocks and everything!

good luch

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    From my perspective, people from Ontario are scary fast on double track! I was at Albion last year for the 24H in August and making laps at 47mins (which is pretty good!) when this O-cup champion passes me on the doubletrack and made me feel like i was almost stopped... a double check on the odometer and i was going something like 27-28km/h... on a climbing grass-doubletrack trail! Damn it!

But yeah, riding is more technical... rooty... and we got elevation... well, nothing compared to out west... but still...
    ADSVMQ :: Quebec mountain bike trail advocacy group www.ADSVMQ.org

Members who have read this thread: 0