Anyone going to be riding the Minnesing mountain bike trails (Algonquin park)?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Anyone going to be riding the Minnesing mountain bike trails (Algonquin park)?

Hey guys. It looks like to-wards the end of July, I'll be going up to a cottage near algonquin park for a week with my family.

To my luck, there seems to be a sweeeet mountain bike trail - the Minnesing trail. Is anyone going to be up in the area around that time that would like an enthusiastic riding partner?

Thanks!

bi-winning

I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfist
    Hey guys. It looks like to-wards the end of July, I'll be going up to a cottage near algonquin park for a week with my family.

To my luck, there seems to be a sweeeet mountain bike trail - the Minnesing trail. Is anyone going to be up in the area around that time that would like an enthusiastic riding partner?

Thanks!
    Dought that i will be making my way up there this year, but i have been before. It was the first real trail i ever did. I had a blast, and got kinda hooked. It's rocky, and it has a lot of good ups and downs. Hope u have a good time.

wpg then, van now
    I live out west now, but when I did live in Burlington, a yearly trip to Minnesing was always in order. Ride them counter clockwise, it finishes strong. Lots of fun! Watch for moose!

Mar 2004
    Have never been to Algonquin Park, but from what I'm told it sounds like an awsome place..!! I didn't know they had mountain bike trails there either.. I hope you have tones o'fun and from what the others say about that trail it sounds like you could have a blast..!!
    I too am going up north, not as far as Algonquin though.. I'm going up to Bracebridge for a week at the begining of August. I checked out the trail reviews and noticed a trail in Bracebridge that sounds pretty damn good.. I'm pretty excited to try it out.
    Well I hope you have a wicked time...!! Aren't there bears up there...?? Well, anyway.. have fun..!!

b_r

wpg then, van now
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_riot
    I too am going up north, not as far as Algonquin though.. I'm going up to Bracebridge for a week at the begining of August.

When I used to ride in the area, we used to go to Santa's Villiage - they had some wicked trails setup there...I think it was a couple bucks to support them, but check them out or give them a call...They are just NW of bracebridge by about 10 mins.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by WpgRider
    When I used to ride in the area, we used to go to Santa's Villiage - they had some wicked trails setup there...I think it was a couple bucks to support them, but check them out or give them a call...They are just NW of bracebridge by about 10 mins.

Rumor has it Santa's Village is closed... due to legalities over stunt building...
    this space left intentionally blank

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    omg ....if santas village is closed what are we gonna do about xmas. Did santa get laid off?
    will he be able to collect pogey?

how am I gonna get my prezzies.........

Warp speed, Mr. Sulu!
    I heard the same rumour about Santa's Village. Kind of pissed about that because it was on my list of places to check out this year.

If it is closed, and you're still looking for a place to ride in that area, Buckwallow Cycling Centre ( http://content.mtbr.com/pscTrails/Canada,Trails/Canada-) is a great place to go.

There's trails for all levels of riders, and they're always in great shape.

As for the Minesing trail in Algonquin, it's a pretty good ride. Not super technical, except for getting through the many mud bogs that you'll encounter, but still a good time out there.

I've never done the longest loop,(about 24 km, I think), but I heard that the 17 km loop which I have done, has got the best the trail has to offer. One day I'll do the long loop when I have time.

Oh, make sure you bring bug spray, and clean clothes to change into. Chances are it's gonna be muddy.

Mike

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    santas village/ porcupine/ bracebride trails ARE CLOSED
    I Ride, I Know

mtbr member
    BUMP - anyone going to be up there? I'm leaving on Saturday and will be there for a week.

bi-winning

Pictures!

BUMP - anyone going to be up there? I'm leaving on Saturday and will be there for a week.
    Try to take some pictures and post them if you could. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Ya, I'll have my digital camera with me.

I'm really excited as I'll have my new stumpy expert disc to bomb these kick ass trails!

bi-winning

sweet

Ya, I'll have my digital camera with me.

I'm really excited as I'll have my new stumpy expert disc to bomb these kick ass trails!
    hope you have a blast. enjoy your nice new rig.

Aug 2004

Buckwallow Cycling Centre

You could try the Buckwallow trials (see http://www.canadatrails.ca/mtb/on/buckwallow.html)

A great ride - nicely graded for different levels of riders

Regards,

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I've never ridden it, but I've hiked from Canisbay Lake to Polly Lake & have crossed the trail a couple of times. Yeah, some of the muddy spots look interesting We've seen a few bikers on the trail.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada