Anyone going to Bromont this long weekend?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Anyone going to Bromont this long weekend?

Just wondering, as I'm heading there with a friend, and seeing as all other people have bailed on us, if anyone else from Mississauga or Toronto area is going?

Arek

mtbr member

???

Quote Originally Posted by Arek
    Just wondering, as I'm heading there with a friend, and seeing as all other people have bailed on us, if anyone else from Mississauga or Toronto area is going?

Arek

What is it? Where is it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley
    What is it? Where is it?
    About 50 mins SE of Montreal, it's a small town that has wicked DH biking, and I mean a real mountain, not a Blue Montain kind of a deal. The lift up takes about 10-15 minutes, the medium difficulty runs that I do take approx. 20-30 minutes with a few stops and they have at least 10-15 different runs, ranging from easy hardtail runs to crazy double diamond ones with very steep sections, drops etc. Very reasonable lodging too, and plenty of it, if you do your research before you go. By far my favorite place for biking, just wish it wasn't so far away, I only make it there usualy twice a season ... I'm hoping the weather will cooperate though... Can't wait!

Arek

(aka SS_MB-7)

Arek
    Yep, I'll be doing the Canada Cup/Quebec-Cup at Bromont on Saturday.
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com

mtbr member

Are they closed for the race?

Quote Originally Posted by 1speed_Mike
    Yep, I'll be doing the Canada Cup/Quebec-Cup at Bromont on Saturday.
    Crap, does this mean the lifts are not open for non-racers? That would be just my luck, figures...

Arek

Mar 2004

it'll be busy but lifts are open to all

5 of us are going up from t.o. and surrounding area. The may 24 is always busy cause of the races, but with 2 lifts running it shouldn't be too bad. Problem is is that some of #6 and the top section of "Bonsai" will be part of the xc and dh courses respectively, so no riding on those if yer not racing. On a good note, there may be more lines cut on the backside of the hill, as they were working on a new lift etc. last fall. Look for us...we ride:

Silver Cove G-spot
    Root Beer Bullit
    Black BB7
    Cap'n America Balfa BoboNum (rare bike!)
    Yellow Super 8

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambhead
    5 of us are going up from t.o. and surrounding area. The may 24 is always busy cause of the races, but with 2 lifts running it shouldn't be too bad. Problem is is that some of #6 and the top section of "Bonsai" will be part of the xc and dh courses respectively, so no riding on those if yer not racing. On a good note, there may be more lines cut on the backside of the hill, as they were working on a new lift etc. last fall. Look for us...we ride:

Silver Cove G-spot
    Root Beer Bullit
    Black BB7
    Cap'n America Balfa BoboNum (rare bike!)
    Yellow Super 8
    Cool! That's a relief... Maybe we'll run into you, it's just two of us - black Joker and black AS-X. Where are you staying?

Arek

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Crap, does this mean the lifts are not open for non-racers? That would be just my luck, figures...

Arek
    I don't know...I ride to the top instead of taking the lifts

In all seriousness, I'd call Bromont and ask. This is a busy weekend at Bromont: C-Cup/Q-Cup XC and DH, plus, the 12 Hrs of Bromont.
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com

Mar 2004

too stoked to concentrate!

We are staying at ther Hotel Le Mehnir, just down the road from the hill. It's a good hotel if you don't know so already, $100 per nite, 3 lads per room (cozy!) and they're fine with bikes in the room etc. Usually we get the rooms on ground level so we can spill out onto the lawn and drink beers and clean and wrench the bikes and talk s*** until 9pm when we all pass out from exhaustion (yep, we're hardcore), though I booked weeks ago. Must be really busy this year cause we're up on the 3rd floor. So about the Joker: I was going to get one before I ended up with the Cove, but they seemed so stretched out. Do you ride it with a dual crown fork? They say you cant't run more than 6" in the front. True? It's still such a sick bike. Jealous.
    Gabe

Arek[/QUOTE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambhead
    We are staying at ther Hotel Le Mehnir, just down the road from the hill. It's a good hotel if you don't know so already, $100 per nite, 3 lads per room (cozy!) and they're fine with bikes in the room etc. Usually we get the rooms on ground level so we can spill out onto the lawn and drink beers and clean and wrench the bikes and talk s*** until 9pm when we all pass out from exhaustion (yep, we're hardcore), though I booked weeks ago. Must be really busy this year cause we're up on the 3rd floor. So about the Joker: I was going to get one before I ended up with the Cove, but they seemed so stretched out. Do you ride it with a dual crown fork? They say you cant't run more than 6" in the front. True? It's still such a sick bike. Jealous.
    Gabe

Arek
    [/QUOTE]

I called them (Le Menhir), but they were already booked. We're staying at the same place as last time we came, Auberge du Badouillard (or something to that sound), just 4-5 minutes bike ride away from you guys, we will ride by you on the way to the lifts. If we see you, we'll stop by for sure (on the way to or from the lifts).
    I'm just worried HOW busy will it be. It's always busy each time I've been, but this seems crazy with all these races on... I just hope we won't be waiting an hour at a time in the line up to the lifts....
    As for the Joker, that's my friend's bike. He's running a Z.1 on it. But another buddy of mine has it with a Slider plus, which is 7", so I guess it's no problem.
    Personally I consider my AS-X even "sicker" hehe, it's brand new, got a 7" Breakout Plus on it, 7.5" in the back, so it should be quite a difference from my xc full suspension bike I had in Bromont last time

Arek