Anyone get their rear fox shock "pushed"?- Mtbr.com
    I already rode that

Anyone get their rear fox shock "pushed"?

Has anyone sent their rear shocks down to the states and got it "pushed"? I'm thinking about doing it but unsure of some things. Mainly shipping and the return of the shock back across the boarder.

I wonder why?

Yup...

I sent my shock to PUSH by overnight courier, on a Monday and got it back on Thursday. No problems at all. Just phone the guys at PUSH and they will take care of you. Oh yeah, it was worth it.

i1dry?

LBS Manager

I had my talas fork pushed

I sent it to them around the 2'nd week in december they recieved it on the 23 it was shipped back to me on the 28'th and is expected to be hear on the 6'th using the cheapest (slowest) shipping posible. I fond them to alot easier to deal with than the yahoos at velocycle in Qubec that do all the service for eastern canada. I would recoment going for it they are one of the best companies I have ever delt with for customer service allthough I have not yet tried the fork I have never heard anything bad about push or their quality of work.

Warp speed, Mr. Sulu!
    Hey, JHB....

I had been considering sending my Float 80 RL fork to Velocycle for their "new life rebuild" service, but they want $205 Cdn plus tax and shipping to do it. The problem with my fork is that I'm leaking oil out of the right leg at the seals. What did it cost you to get the service performed on your Talus, including taxes, duties, shipping, etc..?

While I've been pondering this, I have heard that the stock Fox seals and wipers are only good for a year or so. It made me think that I should go for something better, like the Enduro seals that I've been hearing about.

Do you know if Push can put these on your fork when they service them, and would you consider it worthwhile to have the Push modification (stable platform) done to an 80 mm travel fork?

I'd appreciate any input you can offer.

Mike

PS.....Sorry Super Newb....I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

LBS Manager

Not as much as you would think

In my case they took my talas r fork and put an rlc top cap and threshold adjuster on it rebuilt the whole fork and the talas chamber as well as added the Push stable platform upgrade for just under $300. If i remeber correctly the basic rebuild was about $80 if you call them they will give you exact numbers. I have not yet tried the fork so I cant personaly recomend it but I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Warp speed, Mr. Sulu!
    Thanks JHB...

I'll check with them and see what they have to say about it.

Mike

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

As far as I'm concerned...

anything has got to be better then Velocycle... I will not say more than this but the one experience I had with them convinced me that whenever I'm considering any Fox product, I buy directly from the US even if it means more shipping delay. So for me, PUSH is certainly better than whatever they can bring with this "new life rebuild"!!!

Maybe my experience was an exception, however, I will certainly not be the one "experiencing" it again.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pucker Factor
    Hey, JHB....

I had been considering sending my Float 80 RL fork to Velocycle for their "new life rebuild" service, but they want $205 Cdn plus tax and shipping to do it. The problem with my fork is that I'm leaking oil out of the right leg at the seals. What did it cost you to get the service performed on your Talus, including taxes, duties, shipping, etc..?

While I've been pondering this, I have heard that the stock Fox seals and wipers are only good for a year or so. It made me think that I should go for something better, like the Enduro seals that I've been hearing about.

Do you know if Push can put these on your fork when they service them, and would you consider it worthwhile to have the Push modification (stable platform) done to an 80 mm travel fork?

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucker Factor
    Hey, JHB....

Mike

I would consider sending your fork to the Western Fox warranty/service centre. I know a couple of the shops in our area (Hamilton) send Fox stuff west as they appear more competent out there. Give Freewheel Cycle a call in Dundas, ON and tell them you'd like to get your fork serviced, but not through velocycle. They'll understand and may be able to help you out.

Simon

LBS Manager

I have

I have used them in the past and they were great but they dont offer the push upgrade and that is what I wanted most.

Warp speed, Mr. Sulu!
    I have used them in the past and they were great but they dont offer the push upgrade and that is what I wanted most.
    Are you referring to Cycle Works, the western Fox service depot?

I have just sent them an e-mail asking about whether or not they can service my fork and replace the seals with Enduro seals. (crossing my fingers)

Thanks for the advice so far, guys. I do appreciate it.

Can anybody help SuperNewb with his question......I feel pretty crappy that I've hijacked his thread.

Mike

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

shipping US

SuperNewb, as far as I'm concerned, shipping to the us back and forth is just a matter of patience, not reliability. If you are very patient (several weeks), then ship with regular post, sit tight and the shock will get there then back. If you are not patient at all, then open your wallet, pay Fedex and have it shipped overnight.

I'm buying most of my bike parts from a retailler in the us (mtnhighcyclery.com). They always ship to me via regular post, sometimes it takes a week, sometimes it takes 2 to 3 weeks but it always arrives, there are never any custom fees apart from the regular GST taxes you would be paying in a CND store plus a flat $5 for admin fees. I also found over time that the US bike business (specially south west) is much more professional than our Canadian retaillers and specially distributors.

Bottom line, don't worry about the shipping across the boarder thing, it's a no brainer and it adapts to your needs, patience or money! Most people that complain about this subject usually don't quite understand the process or are neither patient and welty!

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNewb
    Has anyone sent their rear shocks down to the states and got it "pushed"? I'm thinking about doing it but unsure of some things. Mainly shipping and the return of the shock back across the boarder.

NormalNorm

Fox rear shock PUSHED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNewb
    Did you end up getting the shock PUSHED? If so how do you like it and how much did it cost. I've read some reviews and they seem postive. My Fox Triad is leaking air so I plan on sending it to PUSH.

mtbr member
    I hear ya.

I am in the >exact< same boat (Triad leaking air).. and am sending it to PUSH. Along with my Fox 100 Float RL model to get the RLC conversion.

It will cost me some money.. but I hope its worth it.

Let me know how it works out.

NormalNorm

Fox Triad

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfist
    I hear ya.

I am in the >exact< same boat (Triad leaking air).. and am sending it to PUSH. Along with my Fox 100 Float RL model to get the RLC conversion.

It will cost me some money.. but I hope its worth it.

Let me know how it works out.
    I got the same bike as you. I also know someone with same bike and the same problem. It leaks air and doesn't lock out. I've emailed PUSH about this and they said that you lose the lockout,because it will be stable platform style. I don't use the lockout anyways. I will let you know when I get it done-soon.

NormalNorm
    I got my shock back from PUSH. It works great. I am fine tuning the settings. It took 2 weeks from the time I shipped it, to the time I got it back. It was just over $220, because my cylinder was scratched(they replaced it for $25). The lockout screw inside scratched it(they sent me the old parts too). I wasn't charged duty because they put it down as a warranty issue. Also, it was $11.75 to ship from Hamilton. Very happy though.

I already rode that
    Quote Originally Posted by norm
    I got my shock back from PUSH. It works great. I am fine tuning the settings. It took 2 weeks from the time I shipped it, to the time I got it back. It was just over $220, because my cylinder was scratched(they replaced it for $25). The lockout screw inside scratched it(they sent me the old parts too). I wasn't charged duty because they put it down as a warranty issue. Also, it was $11.75 to ship from Hamilton. Very happy though.
    Not bad. I never did get it pushed since I was going to just pay extra and get a RP3 but even that I didnt do yet. Just cause I like using the lockout on my bike.