Anyone else pre-ride Buckwallow O-cup?- Mtbr.com
    Muskoka

Anyone else pre-ride Buckwallow O-cup?

Rode the course on Sunday. I think anyone that goes out too hard on the double track & then up through Mohawk & BurntPine is going to be ready to blow up just when they hit Bear Bluff ( run backward ). Pretty much the last place you would want to blow up!!! Should be interesting....I think I will spectate the elite group from up on Bear Bluff ;^)) . One point... the map on Chico's site shows BearBluff being run frontwards, but Mike @ Buckwallow assures me it is indeed being run backward direction in the race. So if you are pre-riding you may want to run it both ways just in case.

2-wheel junkie
    On Wednesday I will be heading up there for the first time ever. I want to ride all of the trails, but will I be able to even though the O-cup course is set up? I just don't want to be heading the wrong way on any of the hills, ya know?

Couple of other questions:
    Web site with more info
    Cost?
    Trail maps on-line or at the Centre?

thanks

Mar 2006
    Mike has trail maps for you when you get there, but I don't know of anywhere that one is published online. I've considered scanning one and putting it up on my site, but that would be violating copyright and all that.

Last year a day pass was 7 bucks.

As far as I know there is no official Buckwallow web site.

There's a review and a few photos on my site:
    Buckwallow Cycling Centre

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by RD23
    On Wednesday I will be heading up there for the first time ever. I want to ride all of the trails, but will I be able to even though the O-cup course is set up? I just don't want to be heading the wrong way on any of the hills, ya know?

Couple of other questions:
    Web site with more info
    Cost?
    Trail maps on-line or at the Centre?

thanks
    All Buckwallow trails can be ridden both directions. The O-cup course is now marked on the trail, follow Mike's "cup" signs. Day pass is $7, maps @ the parking lot.

Custom User Title
    Buckwallow O-Cup map

http://www.chicoracing.com/html/modu...artid=5&page=3

and personally I would not be too worried about the "grunt" climbs.. which, by the way, is the direction the O-Cup takes them

"an inch an hour...two feet per day..."

Members who have read this thread: 0