anyone bought fox RP3 rearshock ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

New question here. anyone bought fox RP3 rearshock ?

Has anyone in Ontario purchase the Fox RP3 rear shock from LBS? what was the cost? I got a quote from Fox that I can buy for $369 US. I don't know if the price will be cheaper if I order from LBS.

Apr 2005
    What's the difference between an RP3 and last year's Float RL? I've got last year's RL (with ProPedal) on my Fuel 98.. i'm sure they're reasonably inexpensive to get nowadays as opposed to an RP3 if you can find the one you need..

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

New question here. rear shock performance ?

Quote Originally Posted by fastwheniwanttobe
    What's the difference between an RP3 and last year's Float RL? I've got last year's RL (with ProPedal) on my Fuel 98.. i'm sure they're reasonably inexpensive to get nowadays as opposed to an RP3 if you can find the one you need..
    the RP3 weights 195 gms. My original Vanilla RL weights 620gms. I don't know what propedal setting means. How does your rear shock perform ?

I already rode that
    RP3 has what? 3 settings? Lockout/PPon/PPoff .

Getting it from the states would surely be cheaper then the LBS, damn distributers....

Apr 2005
    aasds
    Last edited by fastwheniwanttobe; 04-13-2005 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Double post

Apr 2005

Awesomely.

Quote Originally Posted by Picard
    the RP3 weights 195 gms. My original Vanilla RL weights 620gms. I don't know what propedal setting means. How does your rear shock perform ?
    It's a great shock. No complaints. The Float seems to be about the same size as the RP3 which leads me to believe it's a similar weight. ProPedal is the stable platform damper (similar concept to the 5th element or manitou swinger) Fox put into their entire shock line in 2004.. it basically drastically cuts down on bobbing and unwanted shock movement while keeping a full range of motion for the shock. It's got a lockout as well. I ride a Trek Fuel 98 and it is awesome.. I have no idea why anyone would want a fully open shock over stable platform (which is what according to the last poster is the only difference between the RL and the RP3). It seems redundant. Anyways, for XC riding the Float RL with ProPedal would be a good option if you can find it.

banned
    Feb 2005
    I just wanted to get this into everyone head.
    HA,HA,HA,