Anybody riding trails now?- Mtbr.com
    livin' large

Anybody riding trails now?

Looking for folks to do some riding with during these frosty months, whose game?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian-clydesdale
    Looking for folks to do some riding with during these frosty months, whose game?
    I've been busy but Ravenshoe is usually good witer riding. Durham also looks like the double track is rideable because of the high traffic it gets. I also used to ride at Coulson's Hill on the packed down snowmobile tracks.

mtbr member
    Me and a few guys will probably try to ride Hilton Falls this Saturday. Not sure what the conditions are going to be like, since the last time we went was 2 weekends ago, before the big snowfall and now it seems it will be a few good days in a row that snow will be melting... But I guess we'll never know unless we try :-)

Arek

Sep 2004
    Hilton falls was not that good last week, too much snow, and not enough traffic, I am going to try scottsdale farm on Monday, they get a lot more foot traffic, so the trails should be good.. post up what it was like at Hilton, are you going with Peter W.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Irritated_muppet
    Hilton falls was not that good last week, too much snow, and not enough traffic, I am going to try scottsdale farm on Monday, they get a lot more foot traffic, so the trails should be good.. post up what it was like at Hilton, are you going with Peter W.
    Don't know who Peter W. is... Have we met in Hilton? I ride a red Spider.

Arek

livin' large
    Hilton, is too soft right now, hard to get going and easy to be stopped dead by the snow, either needs to freeze up, or melt....same for scotsdale area tried both today ...Futility is the word that springs to mind

mtbr member
    Hilton, is too soft right now, hard to get going and easy to be stopped dead by the snow, either needs to freeze up, or melt....same for scotsdale area tried both today ...Futility is the word that springs to mind
    I went skiing at Durham today and it looked like it was bad conditions for biking too. Snow was too soft and wet and you would just sink in if your tires started to spin on any hill.

Skiiing also sucked because of the weather today.

rad to the power of sick
    Threw on the 1.5 slicks today and did 40k on the road and i mixed in some snowy fireroad. The road was good . the fireroad not so good. Snow that was untouched was a joy to ride through, but the semi packed stuff threw me around/ slowed me right down.

Meh...can't wait to good ol spring.
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Arek
    Don't know who Peter W. is... Have we met in Hilton? I ride a red Spider.

Arek

I have met so many people..lol...I think I would remember that bike, if the weather stays nice, I am going to try for a road ride this Monday, if not, I am going to go to Scottsdale.. for a bit of a hike abike session... I can't wait for all the snow to go.. if your looking for sombody to hook up with to ride, shoot me an E-mail.. the cold weather does not stop me from riding...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Well its not exactly a trail, but i went out yesterday on the hamilton rail trail, most of it was pretty good, nice hard packed snow, but the further down you get it gets bumpier, to the point it was just just too bumpy to ride, on a rigid at least. At least it was nice to get out to ride.

mtbr member

Scottsdale Farm?

I cant belive you guys tried Hilton Falls..spring fever is hitting me hard too!!
    Been doing the road thing the last couple of days..dang snow!

Where is this Scottsdale farm??? Close to Hilton?

Cheers

livin' large
    Scottsdale farm is up by Trafalgar road and 27th sideroad north of Georgetown, there is a really good loop that runs trough it, aswell as other trails that head toward Terra Cotta (we call that one treasure chest) It's a good spot, You wanna guided tour in the spring?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've been riding in Orono by the Hwy #115. Trails are ridable where there is a lot of foot traffic, the single track is too hard to ride.

Once we get a bit of cooler temps I think the whole thing will ice up and get better for studded tires..

mtbr member

Sounds good

Scottsdale farm is up by Trafalgar road and 27th sideroad north of Georgetown, there is a really good loop that runs trough it, aswell as other trails that head toward Terra Cotta (we call that one treasure chest) It's a good spot, You wanna guided tour in the spring?
    yeah, drop me aline, Im up for that

Cheers

Sep 2004

todays ride

I did scottsdale today, the trails are all snow covered still but packed down hard enough to ride, but I can't wait till all the snow is gone...