Anybody From New Brunswick?- Mtbr.com
    Disco-Superfly

Anybody From New Brunswick?

Is there anybody here from new brunswick??
    Im from fredericton area...

I know there has been a thread on this but it is 4+ months old.
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

How's the riding

I'm going to be in the area of Fundy National Park, how is the riding in the area?
    Should my G/F and I bring our bikes? I'm looking for singletrack.

Thanks

LnW
    mtbr member
    I'm a part-time NB'er.

Since Fundy is a National Park, most of the "legal" biking is on fire roads and old cart paths. I'm not going to suggest biking on the singletrack, but it's been done when the Park isn't busy with tourists...shoulder seasons and weekdays. Not sure what the fine is if a person gets caught.

There is some nice singletrack in Hillsborough, about 35-40 min from Fundy heading towards Moncton. Trails are a bit hard to find, it'd be best to go with someone who knows the area.

Fredericton, huh? I've always enjoyed riding at Woolastook Park and the UNB Woodlot when I visit.

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad-WL
    I'm going to be in the area of Fundy National Park, how is the riding in the area?
    Should my G/F and I bring our bikes? I'm looking for singletrack.

Thanks
    Like the other guy said, Fundy is not for biking, I have walked through all of the trails many of times, and they would be great for biking on, but there is alot of "no bicycles alowed" signs everywhere. All of the biking there is on roads and such.

Quote Originally Posted by LnW
    Fredericton, huh? I've always enjoyed riding at Woolastook Park and the UNB Woodlot when I visit.
    I ride odell park, they have a downhill course there, its alirght. There was jumps and stuff at the woodlot, but alot of them got ruined, so I dont go there anymore. I enjoy riding on campus, even though you arent supposed to
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Fredericton...

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]

I'm from the Fredericton area, well I'm fairly new around here anyway. Took a quick spin in the woodlot on Saturday and at Woolastook Park on Sunday. Woolastook was pretty sweet, it was dryer than expected.

Do you ride XC or just Downhill/Urban style stuff? Ever been riding by Brookside Mall, I heard there's some fast singletrack there.

Jul 2004
    from freddy here. never heared of any trails by brookside. i hear there is some good ones out claudie road. i just started biking last season, mostly did odell. was up at the university a couple days ago just riding stairs and little jumps and **** where i could find em, suggestion, dont bike anywhere near the student union building. i hopped a curb and landed on broken glass (social club related drunkerey most likely =P). so i'm out of commission till i get my rear tire replaced.
    i ride a 04' rainier (xc of course).

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild74
    I'm from the Fredericton area, well I'm fairly new around here anyway. Took a quick spin in the woodlot on Saturday and at Woolastook Park on Sunday. Woolastook was pretty sweet, it was dryer than expected.

Do you ride XC or just Downhill/Urban style stuff? Ever been riding by Brookside Mall, I heard there's some fast singletrack there.
    Im a Downhiller/urbaner/freerider... I had heard from a guy at ski-wolf that there was some shore like stuff over on that side of the river but I have no idea where any of it is. He also had said he was exploring over there in overgrown fourwheeler tracks and he was going to build stuff over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Adaray
    from freddy here. never heared of any trails by brookside. i hear there is some good ones out claudie road. i just started biking last season, mostly did odell. was up at the university a couple days ago just riding stairs and little jumps and **** where i could find em, suggestion, dont bike anywhere near the student union building. i hopped a curb and landed on broken glass (social club related drunkerey most likely =P). so i'm out of commission till i get my rear tire replaced.
    Where is claudie road at, I dont live in fredericton, im outside ( oromocto) are the trails you are referring to xc? or are they dh?
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

May 2005

Idea! me

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]

Ya I am from woodstock and I got a buddy who wants to get riding dome time in fredericton and my cousin live in in the city jermey durling is the name maybe we could get together some time and ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nb rider
    Ya I am from woodstock and I got a buddy who wants to get riding dome time in fredericton and my cousin live in in the city jermey durling is the name maybe we could get together some time and ride.
    What's the MTB scene out in Woodstock? I heard there were some good trails at a campground, is it at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park or somewhere else? I know that there is a VeloNB XC race there. What type of trails, how long (km or time), please pass on some details as I would like to go there for a day trip on a weekend.