anybody know this part of the Don?- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

anybody know this part of the Don?

"Plus the best trail (Party Atmosphere) is to the north of that parking lot if you want to try it after doing the main trail."

This is a quote from Lowenbrau a few threads ago. I'm trying to find out what he means by a better trail north of the north entrance/exit to the ridge/main trail we all know. I love the Don, and I'm always looking for new lines, so if anyone knows what he's talking about post it.
    gabe

almost there!

Good job! that other trail...

When you come out of the main trail you come out onto a parking lot where there's usually east Indian kids playing cricket (depending on what time of day you get there), on the left is a steep paved road coming down into the valley - that paved road branches into this parking lot and it goes north too, follow this road north about 100 metre and on your left before you cross the bridge there's a path beside the river, that's the gnarly trail he's talking about.

Have fun and be careful there are some dangerous sections, really steep hills with tight turns as well as some hand built bridges that go over 5 foot deep ditches (while you're on the side of the steep hill).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambhead
    "Plus the best trail (Party Atmosphere) is to the north of that parking lot if you want to try it after doing the main trail."

This is a quote from Lowenbrau a few threads ago. I'm trying to find out what he means by a better trail north of the north entrance/exit to the ridge/main trail we all know. I love the Don, and I'm always looking for new lines, so if anyone knows what he's talking about post it.
    gabe
    I'm pretty crap withthe names of places in there, parks included however... If you ride North from Pottery Rd you go by a Loblaws, across the road to the treatment plant and eventually come out in a parking lot.
    Once there if you head left (as you come out of the trail) towards the entrance to the lower trail (across the railway tracks on the right) there's a trail on the left that's pretty damn fun as well, he might be talking about this one.

Sorry for the lame directions.

Clem

Mar 2004

that sounds like the one

thanks for the directions. In know exactly how to find it now. funny, I've been riding the Don for over 5 years and I've never hit this section...I always go back to Pottery via the riverbank superspeedway. Clem, I'll let you know what Dufferin Forest is like, but we may go to Hardwood instead. I just built up my engagement present: an Intense Tracer 4x4 cross-country do-everything bad boy, and I'm dying to rip Sidewinder and Snakes and Ladders. I'll save the 42lb Cove for Bromont and Blue.
    Gabe

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lambhead
    thanks for the directions. In know exactly how to find it now. funny, I've been riding the Don for over 5 years and I've never hit this section...I always go back to Pottery via the riverbank superspeedway. Clem, I'll let you know what Dufferin Forest is like, but we may go to Hardwood instead. I just built up my engagement present: an Intense Tracer 4x4 cross-country do-everything bad boy, and I'm dying to rip Sidewinder and Snakes and Ladders. I'll save the 42lb Cove for Bromont and Blue.
    Gabe
    Dufferin forrest is fun. We rode around there for half a day then headed into Mansfield which turned out to be a big disappointment. The trails there could be great but lack of trail maintenance and horrible choice in trail routing in some sections ruined it for me. Dufferin has some climbing but not nearly enough. The north end has the good stuff i.e. climbing. Just south of the parking lot has some jumps and ramps. A very spooky looking 60 foot long elevated ramp with a gap jump.

Happy Trails

T.Dot Represent
    "Dufferin has some climbing but not nearly enough."

what the hell!!! isnt that a good thing! lol i know i hate climbing, id much rather ride down a hill then up it!
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle