Anybody going to Kelso this sat?- Mtbr.com

May 2007

Anybody going to Kelso this sat?

Hi folks, I know this is short notice but I was wondering if anyone was riding up near Kelso this upcoming sat? (22nd of Sept)

I wouldn't mind joining in!!! Although my mtbk skills are that of a newbie.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    what time you showing up?

mtbr member
    Was it busy on Saturday? I was there Sunday around noon, Summit lot was about half full, but not congested at all on the trails I was on, met a few riders here and there, I thought it would be a lot busier on the trails.

Live Free or Ride!
    How much are they charging to get in now?
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

mtbr member
    GM it's $7 per day, some think that's expensive -you have to put it in perspective - For your $7 you could almost buy a pack of smokes or you could park at a meter in downtown Toronto for a little over 2 hours.
    $7 to go mountain biking all day at Kelso and Hilton Falls is pretty cheap when you look at it that way.
    $80 for a year long pass - after 11.5 trips you're ridin' free!

I Wanna Be Sedated
    Back in April I bought a family pass for the season at a bit over $100 for Kelso/Hilton Falls. I stopped counting after I'd used it over 20 times, but I'd venture I'm at about 35+ by now. I get to Kelso about twice per week (mostly just to repetitively climb the fire road these days) and to Hilton Falls about once a week for rides with my eldest daughter. Since both are about a 20 minute drive from my house, I can't complain. At least it gives me some change from the "routine" at Albion Hills or the repetitive road rides....
    Jouko

Live Free or Ride!
    Hmmm I went to Hilton Falls and it was $12 just for Hilton, how does that work???
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Gm, that sounds a little off. But then I haven't been over to HF this year. I just can't seem to get into it. But that's a topic that's been discussed to death on here. Kelso is $7. My passed just expired at the end of August and my renewal was a cc type of card. $100 for however many riders you got in the car for the next year. applicable to all Halton Conser.

I am also a regular at Kelso, twice a week, Fridays and either Sat or Sun.
    This week I'll be on Sat as I am going with a neighbour. I drive a grey Honda Odyssey, white Nomad. We'll be there around 830-9 but am leaving early at 1030. I'm an intermediate rider some days and total idiot others when I suck.
    You are more than welcome to join us if the timing is right.

Live Free or Ride!
    Sounds goo I might just do that
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

Members who have read this thread: 0