Any West side boys interested in a group ride?- Mtbr.com
    rad to the power of sick

Any West side boys interested in a group ride?

hey all,

Since there seems to be alot of guys who ride in the halton/peel/wellington regions i was thinking, would anyone be interested in organizing a weekly group ride? We could do kelso one week, hilton anotther week and maybe waterdown...

whats your opinion on this?
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

mtbr member

Kelso Thursday?

Hey I'm meeting a friend of mine for a ride @ Kelso Thursday around 4:30. Interested in joining in? Anyone else that wants to join in is welcome too!

Cheers,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by trekracer8000
    hey all,

Since there seems to be alot of guys who ride in the halton/peel/wellington regions i was thinking, would anyone be interested in organizing a weekly group ride? We could do kelso one week, hilton anotther week and maybe waterdown...

whats your opinion on this?

mtbr member
    3 or 4 of us from work will be meeting Thursday at Kelso summit at 5:15 (well, we say 5:15, it's usually 5:45 before we get going). Kelso should be ok tomrorow, no rain today, none forecast until late tomorrow night. Maybe we should meet for a beer after!

mtbr member
    Cool. Well there will be me (Dan) on a black/silver Jamis and my bro-in-law Jon on a red and silver Trek. If we run into each you guys, mind if we join the group for a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by langford
    3 or 4 of us from work will be meeting Thursday at Kelso summit at 5:15 (well, we say 5:15, it's usually 5:45 before we get going). Kelso should be ok tomrorow, no rain today, none forecast until late tomorrow night. Maybe we should meet for a beer after!

rad to the power of sick
    I should be able to go as well... probably around 5 . I'll be at the summit entrance with my buddy. Ill be on a blue trek 8000 with a manitou black up front, my buddy will be on a trek 820.

mtbr member

Cool Idea

What day would you be thinkin of...always on Thursdays?

I'll see how the day goes, and will try to hit Kelso tonight.

Cheers

rad to the power of sick
    The shop i work at has its group rides at kelso on thursdays so there'll prolly be alot of people there too. Thursdays sound like a good idea.

mtbr member
    What's the weather like up there guys? I hope it stays nice because I'm really looking forward to riding today. It looks like my buddy is bailing on me so do you guys mind if I hop into one of your groups?

Cheers,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by trekracer8000
    The shop i work at has its group rides at kelso on thursdays so there'll prolly be alot of people there too. Thursdays sound like a good idea.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddakin
    What's the weather like up there guys? Dan
    Weather good so far, just a light sprinkle of rain early this morning, radar shows nothing on the way.
    If you're in the summit parking lot at 5:30, look for me, I'll be riding a purplish (some say it's pinkish, but it isn't) old Norco Bigfoot with Judy xc front shock.

Greg

mtbr member
    Where was everybody? The trails were in great shape, only saw 3 other people riding on them, only 3 cars in the summit parking lot.
    Weather was good, a little toasty in the sun, not bad in the shade.

mtbr member

I think I saw you

Quote Originally Posted by langford
    Where was everybody? The trails were in great shape, only saw 3 other people riding on them, only 3 cars in the summit parking lot.
    Weather was good, a little toasty in the sun, not bad in the shade.
    Hey Langford,

Was that you climbing Steeles Ave to the summit?
    I was on the black Trek4300. There was one other guy on a Cannondale
    Next time, I'll just yell out...anyone from MTBreview!!!

Yeah the trails were pretty good...damn hot though!! But under the canopy was not bad at all. What trails do you guys hit. Ive only been to Kelso a few times...I ended up on the extreme trail to the Old farm lane, around the Od dump road, down rock road to Hawthorn Run, made a left at Alberquerqe(sp?) and ended up on "fired" coming down the escarpment...not what I wanted to do, but the grunt climb was a challenge in that heat!!!

I'll have to introduce myself next time...a beer would have been great afterwords!!

Cheers,

Smiley

mtbr member
    Sorry I didn't make it last night guys. I had this cool opportunity though. Late yesterday afternoon my friend called me to say Cambell's Soup was holding a casting call for an upcoming commercial. Basically they were looking for a road bike rider for some frozen dinner commercial. The audition was in Toronto at 5pm so I figured I'd head up there and give it a try. Unfortunately there was about 10 other guys there and the director lined us all up and only picked two of them to actually have an on-camera audition. Apparently I wasn't tall or hairless-enough for them HA HA.

It was a good experience though and I went over to the Don Valley trail after for a ride out there. Part of me wishes I would have just gone to Kelso, but it was a fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley
    Hey Langford,

Was that you climbing Steeles Ave to the summit?
    I was on the black Trek4300. There was one other guy on a Cannondale
    Next time, I'll just yell out...anyone from MTBreview!!!

Yeah the trails were pretty good...damn hot though!! But under the canopy was not bad at all. What trails do you guys hit. Ive only been to Kelso a few times...I ended up on the extreme trail to the Old farm lane, around the Od dump road, down rock road to Hawthorn Run, made a left at Alberquerqe(sp?) and ended up on "fired" coming down the escarpment...not what I wanted to do, but the grunt climb was a challenge in that heat!!!

I'll have to introduce myself next time...a beer would have been great afterwords!!

Cheers,

Smiley

rad to the power of sick

Sigh..

Part of not having your own car is having to borrow your parents.... My 'rents decided to head out for dinner leaving me with only two wheels....

Next time!

mtbr member
    Ya, Smiley, that was me - I included a short walk up part of the hill due to the heat (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)
    The guy with the red Cannondale is from work, another guy came later with a Kona. He knows Kelso really well, we just follow him, so I think we were on most of the upper trails, then down Snakes n Ladders to the bottom, where I left to ride back to work (one trip up that hill is enough on a hot day!) No beer until I got home!
    I think you were leaving just as I got to the parking lot, you have a tall bike, right?

DD, sounds like a good excuse to me, coulda been the start of a movie career.

Trekkie, get those parents organized - order in for them next time!

I'll be on holidays up at the cottage riding the ATV trails for a couple of weeks. No computer up there, no posting for me. See ya!

rad to the power of sick
    Anyone interested in a 'take two'?

Im working late on monday and wednesday.. so those are a no go. But other than that im free. And im sure i can negotiate with the car this time .