Any Titus Racer X owners?- Mtbr.com
    Looking for Adventure

Any Titus Racer X owners?

Looking for the ideal full suspension racing machine. Demand pedalling efficiency, stiff rear-end (no sway), high quality, and durability. Not necessarily looking for the lightest machine out there. I love my Rocky Instinct for its geometry and handling, but not for its somewhat flexy rear-end and slight pedal bobbing. Don't need plush, as I still love my Rocky Vertex hardtail for racing (but my bones are getting old).

Choice is down to a Titus Racer X, but I need some voices of support from Ontario or Quebec who already own one of these machines.

Thanks!

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricksom
    Looking for the ideal full suspension racing machine. Demand pedalling efficiency, stiff rear-end (no sway), high quality, and durability. Not necessarily looking for the lightest machine out there. I love my Rocky Instinct for its geometry and handling, but not for its somewhat flexy rear-end and slight pedal bobbing. Don't need plush, as I still love my Rocky Vertex hardtail for racing (but my bones are getting old).

Choice is down to a Titus Racer X, but I need some voices of support from Ontario or Quebec who already own one of these machines.

Thanks!
    I've only seen a handful of RX in Ontario....most of which were at the 24 Hrs of Adrenaline races.

I recently signed the dotted line for a custom Ti Racer-X 100 with a Manitou Swinger 3-Way and F100X....mine is still ~4 weeks away.

Since I was unable to demo any high-end FS-XC bikes (Spider, RX, Burner, etc.), I based my decision solely on the continous rave reviews and comments.
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com

Looking for Adventure

Nice to see you made the plunge

Going for the custom Ti version is a good chunk of change.
    Looking forward to your reports.

All the best !

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Well, I actually got a pretty good deal on the Ti option, so it wasn't too bad. I could have fit on a small 80mm Al version, but the small 100mm Al version was too long. So, custom Ti it was. Not only that, but the stock 100s have longer lead times than the custom Ti....not that I am in any rush, but the sooner, the better.

Plus, I had Titus increase the headtube length slightly to accomodate the high rebound/lockout dials of the Fox forks.

And lastly, I like Ti...even though it's benefits are mostly lost on a FS, but it is still durable and timeless looking.
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com