Any Shorthills/Local riders?- Mtbr.com

Jun 2004

Any Shorthills/Local riders?

Any local riders from pelham/thorald area that ride this area (Pelham) often? Just looking for people so I can give a shout out on trails..

mtbr member

I do!

Quote Originally Posted by BenDavidson
    Any local riders from pelham/thorald area that ride this area (Pelham) often? Just looking for people so I can give a shout out on trails..
    Hi Ben. I live in Niagara Falls and ride Shorthills every once in a while. It's definitely super fun. Do you ride the Squeezer every year? That's a great course.

Anyway, email or MSN me (*bikerider*(at)*cogeco.ca*) (take away the stars and brackets...evil spammers if you want to go for a ride sometime. I'll be riding through the winter.

If you're into obstacles and such have a look at my website:
    http://home.cogeco.ca/~ddakin/mtb/

We're doing a bus trip from St. Catharines down to Ray's Indoor MTB Park on Dec. 18. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
    Dan

mtbr member
    I'm in Hamilton, could be persuaded to head to Shorthills once in a while. My best wipeout of 2004 happened there during the Squeezer. (No bike damage, just a scraped and bloody knee, but apparently looked spectacular from what I heard). Send me a pm when you're going, maybe we can set something up.

May 2004

Local

Hi
    I live in Vineland, 10 minutes from Shorthills.
    I just rode Shorthills on monday night with a light.
    I try to ride in Shorthills or the surrounding areas once per week. It is usually on Thursday nights - not tonight - it rained all day yesterday and it will be too mucky and cold.
    I ride a blue Rocky Mountain and usually wear an Orange Jersey.

Ron

mtbr member

Night Ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock2
    Hi
    I live in Vineland, 10 minutes from Shorthills.
    I just rode Shorthills on monday night with a light.
    I try to ride in Shorthills or the surrounding areas once per week. It is usually on Thursday nights - not tonight - it rained all day yesterday and it will be too mucky and cold.
    I ride a blue Rocky Mountain and usually wear an Orange Jersey.

Ron

I would love to ride in there at night! I just got an HID helmet light I'm dying to try out. Any chance you'd like to do a Monday ride? I work Thursdays.

Dan

May 2004

Shorthills

I'm going out of town for work for 1 week. Cant' make it this coming week.

Jun 2004
    lol...im riding a trek 8000 and my friend that i usually ride with wears a scott jersey

mtbr member

Night ride

You guys interested in a night ride around 5:30ish-7ish on Monday?

Dan

Jun 2004
    guess its too late now..lol - even if i wanted to i couldnt - lights blew out on me a few weeks ago and havent had a chance to fix/replace them - o well - ill leave it till i need them for 24 hr...too lazy

mtbr member
    If the weather is nice I'm going to go next Monday around 5ish. I've actually got an extra set of HID lights if you want to try the Ferrari of lights out But you might get addicted.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by BenDavidson
    guess its too late now..lol - even if i wanted to i couldnt - lights blew out on me a few weeks ago and havent had a chance to fix/replace them - o well - ill leave it till i need them for 24 hr...too lazy

Sep 2004

night ride partner

hey all, I'm looking to hook up for some night rides in the area if anyone is interested..probably be better once the ground freezes as its slick as bananna peels right now..if you want to go for a ride email me jeromebd at hotmail it gets lonely in the woods by yourself.....*cue creepy noises*

on a related note, the other night I stood about 20 feet from a massive buck while he checked out my headlight..I'm always surprised how close you get to wildlife on a bike compared to hiking..you just kind of silently whoosh down among them..

the same night I started to lose control on a slick spot and ended up fighting not to bail..I ended up stopping compeletly and lo and behold there was a fat racoon 1 foot infront of my resting place..he wasn't in a hurry to go anywhere, so we looked at each other for a while until he was ready to amble on..if it weren't for the slick spot we would have met at altogether more unpleasant circumstances....