Any Reviews of Terra Cotta (other trails in the area)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Any Reviews of Terra Cotta (other trails in the area)

There was only one review of Terra Cotta in the trails section, so I was wondering if any of you have ever road there, and what are your thoughts?

I was on the Caledon rail trail last night and drove across Winston Churchill to a trail that I know links up to Terra Cotta. It was closed so I walked up the side of the trail to check it out...it looked a bit technical for me (tight singletrack, hilly, rocks and roots to boot). Maybe if it was bone dry I could handle it

Also, anyone know of other single (preferrably double) track in this area (in the Caledon area, other than Albion...)?

Thanks.

P.S. Go Leafs Go!

L.D
    My Legs Hurt
    LEAFS RULE!!!

I rode there quite a bit last year, Terra Cotta is fun but short. The AF trail is probably the most difficult trail there, lots of roots, rocks and logs. Id wait till later in the summer before you head out there, last year even mid May, early June it was muddy as ****. Also, seems like not many people ride there, pretty empty trails, so I guess thats a pretty good thing.

GO LEAFS GO!

Warp speed, Mr. Sulu!
    I think you might want to give Forks Of The Credit Provincial Park a try. I've been there twice in the past week, each time a day after a good rain, and the trails seem to drain very well there.

It's got a good combination of single and double track trails that aren't too technical, and some nice scenery to boot. As well, there's some good hills to climb that will help you to get some good cardio happening.

If you get tired of the hills, you can also hop onto the Elora-Cataract Trailway on the other side of the Credit River. Spin some km's and then come back for the big finish!

Go on weekdays/nights if you can. Weekends are pretty busy there.

The only drawback is that they have a pay station in the parking lot that you are supposed to use. It's $4 for two hours. However, the thing doesn't always work, so it might not cost you anything. I've never seen anybody there to check anyway.

Mike