• 06-08-2011
    eugenelt
    Any owners of Specialized Demo 7 (medium) in GTA
    ..who can let me take a bike for a 2-minute ride in a parking lot (on any other place) of your choice ?
    I'm looking to grab a used Demo 7, but not sure if it'll fit me size-wise, and the seller is too far away to just drop by for a test ride - so finding trying a bike locally would really help.
    Or, are there stores in GTA that sell those bikes ?

Cheers
  • 06-08-2011
    ptbo_mac
    I dont have one my self but being a employee of a bike shop I can say one thing, coming into a shop and wasting someones time so you can test ride a bike you dont even plan on buying from that store is a dick head move. Not knowing if a bike will fit or ride the way you like is a chance you take when you buy sight unseen.
  • 06-09-2011
    eugenelt
    If I will come to the store, I will let them know I have no intention of buying. If they're too busy - fine.
    You're making assumptions about other people without knowing them. Assumptions are known to be a leading cause of all screw ups. If you have no relevant info to post, please don't waste the time, life's too short.

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptbo_mac View Post
    I dont have one my self but being a employee of a bike shop I can say one thing, coming into a shop and wasting someones time so you can test ride a bike you dont even plan on buying from that store is a dick head move. Not knowing if a bike will fit or ride the way you like is a chance you take when you buy sight unseen.

• 06-09-2011
    secret agent
    I had the same issue when I wanted to buy a SC Chameleon. I posted up on a couple of forums and ended up buying a used frame from a guy on Dropmachine.com. You might try posting there as well. It worked out well for me.
  • 06-09-2011
    2_WD
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenelt View Post
    ..who can let me take a bike for a 2-minute ride in a parking lot (on any other place) of your choice ?
    I'm looking to grab a used Demo 7, but not sure if it'll fit me size-wise, and the seller is too far away to just drop buy for a test ride - so finding trying a bike locally would really help.
    Or, are there stores in GTA that sell those bikes ?

Cheers

How tall are you?
  • 06-09-2011
    garage monster
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 2_WD View Post
    How tall are you?

That's a fine little red Rep square ya got there! :eek:
  • 06-09-2011
    eugenelt
    Quote:

How tall are you?

5'11"/180cm
  • 06-09-2011
    electrik
    How much you want to pay to trouble somebody for a test ride? You might get better answers that way.
  • 06-09-2011
    eugenelt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    How much you want to pay to trouble somebody for a test ride? You might get better answers that way.

:rolleyes:

Hm, if that's a trouble.. 6-pack for a 6-minute ride. :yesnod:
  • 06-10-2011
    2_WD
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenelt View Post
    5'11"/180cm

Definitely a medium. Depending on your torso-leg ratio you may need to adjust the saddle and/or stem, but, from a frame size i would say medium for sure.
  • 06-10-2011
    2_WD
    Quote:

Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    That's a fine little red Rep square ya got there! :eek:

Ya don't even go there, i'm so livid about that right now...it was completely unnecessary and i'm escalating the issue! I will have my day :D
  • 06-10-2011
    garage monster
    Quote:

Ya don't even go there, i'm so livid about that right now...it was completely unnecessary and i'm escalating the issue! I will have my day :D

Well, you made me look anyway. Fussy crowd in that retro forum. I used to hang out there (among other places) and now I mostly just stay right here in EC. :)

There are just too many Americans in the other forums! :p
  • 06-10-2011
    electrik
    Quote:

I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member - Groucho Marx

;)
  • 06-10-2011
    2_WD
    Quote:

Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Well, you made me look anyway. Fussy crowd in that retro forum. I used to hang out there (among other places) and now I mostly just stay right here in EC. :)

There are just too many Americans in the other forums! :p

Thanks dude, ya that's quite the forum there. Most frustrating is that the "moderator" did nothing but support the "retro grouchess" as another member put it lmao! What a joke!

EC is best place in the world!...now if only we had mountains like BC :D
  • 06-10-2011
    2_WD
    Quote:

Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member - Groucho Marx

;)

Love it! Ironically, we're both members of this club haha