Any One from around Southern Ontario?- Mtbr.com

Jul 2004

Any One from around Southern Ontario?

I live about an hour and a bit away from toronto,anybody else from around here?I know this is a really broad area but this is the Easter Canada forum so this is kinda specific.Anyways if you guys are froma round here where do you ride?

FD1

Jan 2004

Yeah , lots of folks . . . .

If you read the old posts probably most of folks on this forum from TO area.
    I'm from Newmarket ride Durham forest, Glen Major, and Ravenshoe, usually alone since not many my age ride.

FD

X-Ray Guy
    im from hamilton...mostly dundas trails and brow trails

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    pretty much everyone bud
    not sure why they shafted us for our own section and grouped us with the french and newfies

and hour from To which way???
    I Ride, I Know

Jan 2004

East end of TO...

I ride mostly up Seaton almost every day, and also Durham and Glen Major. Mostly for exercise.
    Again, like FD1, not too many around here my age ride.... get some strange looks from the young folks when a "40 something" rides up! I want to try Ravenshoe, but haven't been there yet.

Mar 2004

downtown T.O.

I ride glen major, ravenshoe, the don, hardwood hills, albion hills, mansfield, basically anything within 2 hours of my house. 2-4 times a year at Bromont makes the flatness of Southern Ontario almost worth it. BTW, I prefer going down the hill than up it. I have good directions and insight on all these spots if you need it.
    G

bi-winning
    I'm from Niagara Falls. I can't drive alone yet because i only have my G1. This limits most of my rides to whatever is in riding distance. And that is a lot of sections of the Bruce Trail (actualy for hiking) and other stuff that branches off from it. Road riding is also incorperated. If my dad is willing, we throw the bikes on the roof and we go to St. Catherines to do "the squeezer" route (locals know what it is), Shorthills provincial park, and other stuff around there. Thats about it. Once in a while though, we take a vacation/trip to Hardwood hills or other fun places, but that does not happen often.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Good job!

I'm from Oshawa & ride a bit in the Ganaraska Forest north of Newtonville.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

Aug 2003

1 hour away from T.O.

I live in Orillia which is also 1 hour away from Toronto. I ride at Buckwallow in Gravenhurst, Porcupine Ridge in Bracebridge (but not this year because the trails have been closed) and I've just started riding and 8th wander near Orillia. I also ride on trails in North Bay and near South River (when I get the chance to drive north) I'm not sure where you are but I'm sure there are lots of people in your area that ride, no matter which direction and distance you live from Toronto.

They say I have a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawz
    im from hamilton...mostly dundas trails and brow trails
    Keep an eye out for a couple on older Sugars....We ride the Dundas Valley trails 3-4 times a week...We live in Dundas, about a 5 minute ride to the golf course trail at the base of the escarpment....

Rich
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rbart4506
    ...We live in Dundas, about a 5 minute ride to the golf course trail at the base of the escarpment....Rich
    Also live in Dundas, we join a regular Thursday night and Saturday morning rides in the area, plus my wife & I head out at other times. Keep an eye out for my wife's old blue Brodie - me, I'm sometimes on a Single Speed, sometime not...

Cheers,

Tom

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004

I too am from....

the hammer and absolutely despise the dundas valley(dam gravel everywhere) but you can still find me in there regularly. I'm the guy on the scratch and dent black kona kula you will be passing on uphills.