Another cyclist down (for the count)- Mtbr.com
    No. Just No.

Another cyclist down (for the count)

Very sad. Another one down. RIP

Toronto elementary school teacher dies of injuries after hit-and-run - thestar.com

Needless to say, be careful out there folks. It doesn't seem that blame is being clearly assigned to the driver (yet) and the description of the incident is fuzzy at best. The hit and run aspect casts some suspicion though in lieu of additional details.

Be careful out there folks, especially with decreasing daylight hours. As has been suggested before, behave as if every driver on the road is either intent on killing you, or else that you are completely invisible to them. Neither is the case, of course, but it's a good standard to use in managing yourself on the roads.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    behave as if every driver on the road is either intent on killing you.

Just hearing that on the news at breakfast, I found myself hopping onto the sidewalk and keeping trees, posts, and other cars between myself and a black BMW who did a U-turn and chased me through a bunch of residential side streets.

He didn't like the fact that I called him for blowing (1) a stop sign and (2) his horn at me seconds earlier (I did not have a stop sign at the disputed intersection, he did).

It's always interesting how they fly into a rage when my bike delayed them to the tune of three seconds, but they somehow have time to to add a 4-minute "I'm gonna teach him a lesson" detour to their drive to work.
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post
    It's always interesting how they fly into a rage when my bike delayed them to the tune of three seconds, but they somehow have time to to add a 4-minute "I'm gonna teach him a lesson" detour to their drive to work.
    So true!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Actually easy to explain. The person is already ticked at something else, or a series of other events leading up to you. Your event pushed the driver over the edge, thus the person blows up. Logic and rational thought go out the window and turns into making you pay for everything that led up to that point.

What I don't get about cyclists, and even pedestrians to a certain extent. When I'm driving, walking or cycling, it's harder to see people during the night - simple fact right? So why do a lot of cyclists use those tiny MEC lights thinking they'll be seen, while some riders have no lights at all, and both pedestrians and cyclists do stupid things like cutting in front of cars when visibility is low.. I see it all the time, from all three perspectives..

Kinda makes you wonder. People don't trust other people because they'll steal something if they leave it out.. but they'll trust other people with their own safety and lives...

ups and downs
    Just hearing that on the news at breakfast, I found myself hopping onto the sidewalk and keeping trees, posts, and other cars between myself and a black BMW who did a U-turn and chased me through a bunch of residential side streets.
    It seems that many BMW drivers drive with that same sense of entitlement and arrogance. BMW's are the Pontiac Trans Am of the yuppie class. .
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Muskoka

Very sad...

hate it when this happens. The way it was presented on CBC radio that morning, sounded from witness reports like the cyclist ran a red light when he was hit?
    https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...127?source=pwa

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"
    Rocky Mountain Sherpa Overland

Members who have read this thread: 0