Albion Hills - Tuesday Night Races- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Albion Hills - Tuesday Night Races

I was planning to go to Albion hills for a ride this Tuesday coming, but then I realized that they have Chico Tuesday night races going on then (I would be going after work and get there about 6 - 6:30.

My question is, can you still just ride the trails and not be in the race, I'm not in good enough shape to even finish a race I'm just looking to ride and build my fitness. If I go on tuesday and don't want to ride in the race am I going to get pushed off the trails? (I know enough that if someone is coming up behind me I'm going to step off to the side)

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Nobody knows?

Ooh Well, I've decided that I'm going to ride somewhere else and leave Albion Hills for another night, I was there yesterday anyways.

It would still be interesting to know what the thoughts are on people just riding the course and not racing on Tuesday nights though for future knowledge.

mtbr member

Wouldn't recommend it...

Quote Originally Posted by Turt99
    Nobody knows?

Ooh Well, I've decided that I'm going to ride somewhere else and leave Albion Hills for another night, I was there yesterday anyways.

It would still be interesting to know what the thoughts are on people just riding the course and not racing on Tuesday nights though for future knowledge.
    I ride the Tues night series and honestly wouldn't recommend going to Albion if you are just going to a leisure ride there. Problem would be they do some trails in reverse and you could jeopardize yours and others safety. However, the races are "fun" in that there is every different level of rider there. They are usually a 4-5km loop which you can do as many laps as you can within a 40 minute time window.

What time were you there yesterday. I was there in the morning too...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Oooh only 4-5 km loops? Maybe I'll have to give it a try some time.. I was thinking they would be riding the red trail or something, and that way out of my league right now (I could do it but it would take a long time)

I'm just going to stick to short path near my place this tuesday, just a little training but I might check out the race one tuesday.

Me and my brother got there about 9:40ish, I ride a Green Gary Fisher Marlin, and he was riding a Red Raliegh Team bike. My ride wasn't the best as we got half way out and noticed my crank arm was loose, (I had all but that Allen Key) so it was hike a bike back to the Lot. I was lucky enough to find someone with the right size, so we decided to go back out and do a quick loop of the yellow trail before calling it a day. It was starting to get hotter and we had a pool waiting at my parents house hehe.

mtbr member

Keep at it, Tuesdays have very little red, blue or yellow

Oooh only 4-5 km loops? Maybe I'll have to give it a try some time.. I was thinking they would be riding the red trail or something, and that way out of my league right now (I could do it but it would take a long time)

I'm just going to stick to short path near my place this tuesday, just a little training but I might check out the race one tuesday.

Me and my brother got there about 9:40ish, I ride a Green Gary Fisher Marlin, and he was riding a Red Raliegh Team bike. My ride wasn't the best as we got half way out and noticed my crank arm was loose, (I had all but that Allen Key) so it was hike a bike back to the Lot. I was lucky enough to find someone with the right size, so we decided to go back out and do a quick loop of the yellow trail before calling it a day. It was starting to get hotter and we had a pool waiting at my parents house hehe.
    Keep up your training. We all start somewhere. If you decide to do a Tuesday, just make sure you are comfortable on some of the singletrack there. Guaranteed, there is a good dose of it every Tuesday...

mtbr member
    I ride a Green Gary Fisher Marlin, and he was riding a Red Raliegh Team bike.
    I think I saw you the last time I was there! I passed the two of you when you decided to walk up a hill, yes (maybe the crank problem)? I was wearing black shorts and a blue shirt. Was that you two?????
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Yes that could have been us, Was the my brother on the bike? (he likes to brag that I need to walk up when he can ride it).

I think I'm going again this Wednesday night.

mtbr member
    Yes, but when you hit the top of the hill you stopped - that was when I went by. I'm a tall skinny guy.

This was this last Wednesday evening, about 6:45-ish.

I don't know if i'll be there this Wednesday (I have car parts to try to sell for my new bike obsession... I mean hobby ), but if I am i'll keep en eye out.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Ahh Yeah that might have been us, but that wasn't the time I had the Crank issues, that was probably just me taking a breather.. I'm getting better, but I just don't have the strenght in my legs for climbing, each time its getting better so thats good..

EDIT... OOOH Yeah I remember seeing you... I remember because I just read your sig and I remember the cool forks you had on your bike, your the guy I cut off at the merge of the trails (hehe sorry about that didn't see you)

Another way to tell its me is I have a Orangle Camelbak... Maybe we will see each other sometime.