Albion Hills- Mtbr.com

Thread: Albion Hills

Moderator Moderator

Albion Hills

Hey there,

I'm heading up to Albion Hills after the weekend for 2 days (its 3 1/2 hours from where I live), I was just wondering what everyone thinks of this place. I'm looking for some fast singletrack with a fair bit of a technical challenge, just wanna know if Albion Hills is anything like this.

Thanks dudes!

They say I have a problem
    Yup...

That's it exactly...

It has quick sections and fun technical singlertrack...
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rbart4506
    Yup...

That's it exactly...

It has quick sections and fun technical singlertrack...
    sweet, thanks man

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

also try mansfield

You can also try mansfield, it's about a 30 minute drive North/West of Albion, on Aiport Rd north of 89. I would say Albion is consistently intermediate singletrack, where mansfield is a mix of intermediate and expert.

Mar 2004

Good job!

Albion Hills is a pretty cool place.. I went there for the first time 2 weeks ago and had a blast..!! The trails are well groomed, with fast and technical spots.. also a lot of uphills..!! Just so you know, if the black trail is still up (I don't know if they take down the arrows) that is the 24hr race trail.. I didn't know that until someone told me..
    Sooo, have fun..!!

b_r

Moderator Moderator
    thanks for the info guys, sounds like its gonna super fun.

Moderator Moderator

Albion Hills riding pics

I've got all my pics from the trip posted on my webpage, you can check them out at:

http://www.geocities.com/ratchattack/forsalepics (all pics of me)

http://www.geocities.com/ratchattack/albionpics2 (all Pete)

sorry about the picture quality, these were taken with a disposable camera.

it certainly was super fun trails, I though that the Red trail was real awesome, as were the black singletrack offshoots.

Peace out.

Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RatchAttack
    I've got all my pics from the trip posted on my webpage, you can check them out at:

http://www.geocities.com/ratchattack/forsalepics (all pics of me)

http://www.geocities.com/ratchattack/albionpics2 (all Pete)

sorry about the picture quality, these were taken with a disposable camera.

it certainly was super fun trails, I though that the Red trail was real awesome, as were the black singletrack offshoots.

Peace out.
    Nice pics RatchAttack!!!

I just went to Albion Hills yesterday for the first time too. I'm a newbie and had fun riding the trails. I didn't get a map of the trails from the chalet before riding and I got lost after an hour LOL!! My next target is Hilton Falls!

Apr 2004
    Where is Albion Hills?? Im from the Oakville area and am willing to go for a long drive, looks sweet!
    Thanks,

Jay

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Where?

From Oakville I would make your way over to the 410 and head north and continue on Heart Lake rd...410 turns into Heart Lake Rd at Bovaird. Drive north until King, turn right on King and drive 5 minutes East to The Gore Rd, turn left. Take the Gore north for another 5 minutes followed by a right on Old Church Rd, turn right. Another 5 minutes until Highway 50, turn left. Take this north for 2 minutes and Albion is on your left (cost is $4 to enter). From 410 and Bovaird it's a 20-25 minute drive max...so probably an hour for you total.

Mar 2004
    Another way would be to get to the 427 north ( I usually take the 401 rather than the QEW for traffic's sake) and follow it all the way until it ends.. you'll have no choice but to turn (either left or right) - turn left onto hwy 7 and get into the right lane.. turn right onto hwy 50 (1st or 2nd intersection, I forget). Now just follow that all the way until you reach Albion Hills... You will travel through Bolton first for about 10 - 15 minutes.. and go up a huge hill.. you'll know what I meen and it's on your left.

(just and alternate route)

Have Fun..!!

b_r

Apr 2004
    hey thanks alot, i will let you know how the trip goes
    Jay

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm going for a ride at Albion after work tonight if anyone's interested...I usually ride solo as to not slow anyone down, but if anyone else is going let me know.

Still pretty bright in the evening, but it's only going to get darker...sooner

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Tues is the race night, but if you need someone to ride with thurs night i will be there around 5.00 for about 2 hours

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Race Night?

I didn't know about this, 1st time I'm going there on a Tuesday. Do you know what time this is, is it very busy...can I still go for a leisure ride (without racers passing me every step)?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I would have to guess it is pretty busy, and with all the trails weaving over each other it may be tough to ride....

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I called and they said it's busy, but pretty light atmosphere and with all the km of trails, I will still go and try to avoid the crowds. I went 2 days before the 24hr race and that was hectic but still manageable.

I was taking my wife with me and she was going to sit on the beach and read, so if I take back this idea she will dislike the biking thing

I may try to get out on Thursday, but wouldn't be there until 6:30 at best.

Warp speed, Mr. Sulu!
    If I'm not mistaken, the race doesn't start until 7 PM. I've often ridden there on a Tuesday night, and as long as I'm off the race course by that time, I can usually avoid the racers.

Also, prior to the race, you don't see too many of them hammering the trails, as they're not going to waste energy before they need to. Most of them just mill around the parking lot and at the chalet.

Having said that, I do actually prefer not to ride there on Tuesdays, because you do sometimes see the occasional hammerhead who somehow thinks that he belongs there more than you do.

Mike

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by noonievut
    I called and they said it's busy, but pretty light atmosphere and with all the km of trails, I will still go and try to avoid the crowds. I went 2 days before the 24hr race and that was hectic but still manageable.

I was taking my wife with me and she was going to sit on the beach and read, so if I take back this idea she will dislike the biking thing

I may try to get out on Thursday, but wouldn't be there until 6:30 at best.

If you see a black grand prix in the second lot of mountain bike parking (not near the chalet) i will go back out for another loop with you as long as you are not too fast!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I'll look for your car if I'm there on Thursday...and I know the lot you're talking about.

Didn't cross paths with too many racers last night, which was a relief. I found the track kind of slick though, maybe it was me, but my tires just weren't sticking on some fast turns

Good thing is the wife enjoyed sitting by the beach and reading/relaxing while I was riding, which means more of these 'visits'.

P.S. I heard we're suppose to get some rain tonight, if we get a lot I will likely not head out on Thursday. Yes I'm a weanie who likes dry conditions!