Albion or Hardwood trail conditions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Albion or Hardwood trail conditions

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anybody knows what the trail conditions are like at Albion or Hardwood?

I need to get out and ride some trails before I go crazy. My local trails are not rideable at the moment.

Thanks

mtbr member
    albions good

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trailtrash
    albions good
    Really, by what level of standard? Tuesday was a ****show for the race. I understand that there was only a very minor part of the park, but that was mostly doubletrack. I can't imagine it being too good overall.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

mtbr member
    monday night the north end was in good shape.and its had a couple of days to dry up since tuesday. thats what i was thinking.

sock puppet
    i wouldn't venture in there for fun riding for another week or so at least...

this weekend may be ok. we need a few hot day without rain for trails to really dry...

mtbr member
    I was out at hardwood last week, then again wed night and wow what a difference, last week the double track was just a bog, you would work so hard and not get any where even worse then the usual wood chip start. Then this week it was back to good old solid trails at hardwood. I will say that there is a lot of sections that are either getting really deep sand or getting very eroded through the rooty sections, hopefully they can start doing some work on them, not to make them easier just to make them so they don't wash away, with 200 people racing on them every week.
    Rocky Element
    My Attempt at a Blog

Evil Jr.
    You might consider Puslinch. I've heard from lots of people that it's good to go.

We were out last night and things are probably at least a week away in Hamilton. In general, trails are fine and then you just run into a giant wet spot.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Palgrave is also in excellent shape, as an alternate to Albion.

Lemmy Rules!
    Riding at Albion on Tuesday was like mudwrestling a pig, even on the doubletrack used for the race. I think it is supposed to be sunny and 18 tomorrow and pretty warm on Sunday which should help, but I would be very reluctant to ride there this weekend, for fear of wrecking the trails.
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    Durham Forest is in tip-top shape....

Trails are raked and almost bone dry...

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    We were out last night and things are probably at least a week away in Hamilton. In general, trails are fine and then you just run into a giant wet spot.
    Yeah, that was pretty much my ride at Waterdown yesterday. Dry trails on the ridges, just ripping along at full speed then suddenly it turns into a mudbog and the bike just keeps sliding & sliding. Some of the trails were bone dry to the point where I was kicking up a dust trail, then halfway down a hill I round a turn and it becomes a ankle deep mud pit. Talk about bi-polar.

Horseshoe is good to go from what I hear, the ground drains real well up there so even if it rains the trails are fine for riding the next day.

mtbr member
    Hardwood has a cam and trail conditions posted on their website, so you can check it out everyday.

http://hardwoodhills.ca/index.php?op...=111&Itemid=57

sock puppet

Kelso is generally good. Rode it yesterday.

There are few soft spots and few slick turns, but in general it is ready for riding and there are some new interconnect trails...

Way better shape than Albion Hills...

Same applies to Hilton Falls. Generally it is in very good shape... Usual bogs are still there - but expected at this time of year...

Quote Originally Posted by Braids
    Hardwood has a cam and trail conditions posted on their website, so you can check it out everyday.

http://hardwoodhills.ca/index.php?op...=111&Itemid=57

mtbr member

Three Rocks

Just got back from Three Rocks...
    Trails are nice and tacky.

mtbr member

Hydrocut is pretty good, the Pines section is perfect, and now includes a new kamikazee section!

mtbr member
    Rode Albion last thursday, it was pretty good except for a few boggy sections on double track. Single track was great.

Rode the Hydrocut on Sat. It was frustrating near the Glasgow entrance. Lots of deep mud.
    Once your in the trails it was good, there were trees down on Stinky girl that you have to climb over.

Puslinch is the best wet option IMHO. It always rocks,even if it's pouring rain. I think it used to be gravel pit, hence the sandy well drained soil. Flow the yellow and blue flashes for the best experience.

Members who have read this thread: 0