About Rouge Park? Also asking for trail suggestion, which is VERY important to me.- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

About Rouge Park? Also asking for trail suggestion, which is VERY important to me.

Got some good ratings on the trails review but when I check on the rouge park website it says bikers are not allowed on trail. Does it just happen recently? I'm looking for some places in the GTA area with nice scenery and easy enough (fire roads and paved path without much climbs prefer) so I can enjoy an afternoon with my wife. I've visited Albion hills the first time a couple days ago, I love it, nice place for beginners but some climbs may still be too physical for her. I actually have spent a lot of time to convince her into biking so we can do some outdoor activities together, instead of her usual weekend activity (lying on sofa watching TV with loads of snacks in hand). I was glad that she seems to be excited when we went shopping for our first bike, as I've never been able to talk her into doing any sports. I want her first few rides to be fun and interesting so she won't give up easily as she did to other activities we did together before.Thanks for any input.

mtbr member
    May 2004

About Rouge Park

I live on the edge of the Rouge and bike there a least once a week (mostly a night). Biking is allowed north of Twin Rivers Drive but not south of it. There is some great trail in there but alot of it is up and down the valley sides and can get quite steep in spots. I would not recommend it for beginners unless you are staying up on top of the ridge but then the riding would be mostly flat and limited in area (access off Meadowvale Rd. across from the zoo). In terms of local places to ride that are beginner friendly. I would suggest the double track in Durham Forest. There are some hills (but that is why your have 27 gears) but the double track is realatively easy ( I take my 8 yr old daughter there). Would also suggest Long Sault Conservation area which has a fair bit of trail and not too difficult. The routes are well marked out too. It is located north of Whitby/Oshawa.

Have fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0